Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Captain Proton to the Rescue! - 10/25 (Mega-Event Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2018
    7dey11f335v4.png
    Eww why med primary

Why ew? I think it’s a nice reprieve from the monotonous DIP primary of the majority of this event.

I don’t know if you’ve started to level him yet, but I’ll second that eww. Holoprograms, ancient films, alcohol of every rarity, 2* root beer. The PITA items go on and on.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    7dey11f335v4.png
    Eww why med primary

Why ew? I think it’s a nice reprieve from the monotonous DIP primary of the majority of this event.

Because we are awash in DIP/MED crew and really don’t need another one.

bg8wv5dr1ucx.jpeg
  • Options
    I wonder how they could justify Michael Sullivan being MED, but not Minuet.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Personally, I don't feel it's at all necessary to have the details on the following week's event type, when considering whether or not to go for the advance 5* crew in the upcoming event. I use the exact same strategy as before: when that following week's event is announced, I decide whether I want to buy event packs or not, to try to get the Legendary. Having a shot at them a week earlier doesn't change that. It's a bonus. With these changes, we're getting more than what we got before, and to complain about not getting info on the following week's event type is asking for still more. So the way I see it, just be happy that you have a shot at getting the crew before the packs come out.

If we're going to go that route, let's go all the way. No heads up at all. No stats, no knowledge of bonus cards, nothing. Just, event, maybe the basic story line. Don't tell us the rewards, the event type, nothing. Don't give us the day before to buy the cards, nothing. I want us all to go in completely entirely blind into every event.

Nice work with the straw man/slippery slope response, there.

The point remains: we were given something that we did not have before. I was advocating that we didn't need to be given still more. You, in reply —probably trying to be humorous but not really — twisted my argument to make it akin to taking something away that we currently have, which I am obviously not talking about.

Sheesh… why can't people just be happy that we have a choice now, which allows us to have a slight advantage in the next event, if we choose to take it? If we pass it up, we're in the exact same boat we were before this change was made, so why the uproar?

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I don't feel it's at all necessary to have the details on the following week's event type, when considering whether or not to go for the advance 5* crew in the upcoming event. I use the exact same strategy as before: when that following week's event is announced, I decide whether I want to buy event packs or not, to try to get the Legendary. Having a shot at them a week earlier doesn't change that. It's a bonus. With these changes, we're getting more than what we got before, and to complain about not getting info on the following week's event type is asking for still more. So the way I see it, just be happy that you have a shot at getting the crew before the packs come out.

If we're going to go that route, let's go all the way. No heads up at all. No stats, no knowledge of bonus cards, nothing. Just, event, maybe the basic story line. Don't tell us the rewards, the event type, nothing. Don't give us the day before to buy the cards, nothing. I want us all to go in completely entirely blind into every event.
    That would actually be fun to have a few events like this. No idea on what the event is, who is in it, or what the bonus crew are until the event started. Don't even release packs until when the event starts.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    7dey11f335v4.png
    Eww why med primary

I don’t know if you’ve started to level him yet, but I’ll second that eww. Holoprograms, ancient films, alcohol of every rarity, 2* root beer. The PITA items go on and on.

I’ve been wanting Sully for a while, but to hear he’s a faction item-eater definitely grinds my gears.

I, like most, am baffled why exactly he is MED primary, but I suppose it can be reasoned away as the Fair Haven holoprogram was built to act in the capacity of a psychologically therapeutic home away from home. And since Sully is technically the head hologram of the program, he’s psychologically therapeutically associated by proxy.

Minuet however, was not made with therapeutic intentions in mind. It’s a stab, but it’s not a crazy stretch. Though I would still expect Sully to be DIP primary and MED secondary.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd count bartending as MED for the purposes of counciling...they've heard it all (or been programmed with memories of hearing it all)

While the stats are unimpressive, there aren't many two skill DIP/MED that are MED primary. I'll still be glad to have him because the character was on my wishlist.

Now to strap in for a weekend of grinding chrons into honor...
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd count bartending as MED for the purposes of counciling...they've heard it all (or been programmed with memories of hearing it all)

While the stats are unimpressive, there aren't many two skill DIP/MED that are MED primary. I'll still be glad to have him because the character was on my wishlist.

I don't know why everyone keeps saying his stats are bad or unimpressive. To me, any 4* with over 700 in their primary stat is good. Thank goodness he isn't a Sela or a Colonel Karr level of 4*.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options

There aren’t many two skill MED/DIP but there are plenty of three skill crew where those two are the primary and secondary in both 4* and 5* varieties.
  • Options
    Hey Shan you planning on bringing out scheamacts for the Enterprise E and D with the 3rd warp engine?
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

That would actually be fun to have a few events like this. No idea on what the event is, who is in it, or what the bonus crew are until the event started. Don't even release packs until when the event starts.

Proposal: Player's Choice!

4 day Hybrid (Thursday through Monday), 24 hours per phase (in the order in which they were introduced to the game):

Phase 1 Faction
    Phase 2 Galaxy
    Phase 3 Expedition
    Phase 4 Skirmish

No universal Featured Crew or Bonus Crew. The rewards table? All Beholds, with every crew member in the game in the mix, including Gauntlet and Voyage exclusives. Whoever you pick in the thresholds becomes your Featured Crew, with their variants becoming Bonus Crew.

Imagine the strategy choices! Do you pick a 4* Captain Janeway even though you've already immortalized her because she has so many variants and you may have several of them in your crew? Or do you pick Commander Nevesa because you've had her at 1/4 for ages and this is your big chance to pick up the remaining three stars on her from the event thresholds, even though she won't give you any Bonus Crew? What's more important to you?

In the Rank Rewards table, whichever 3*, 4*, 5* crew you pick is who you'd get the corresponding number of stars for that you'd ordinarily get. If you ranked #1001, you would get a 3/3 and a 4/4 of whichever 3* and 4* you picked in their respective Beholds. If you ranked #999, you'd also get a 1/5.
  • Options

4 day Hybrid (Thursday through Monday), 24 hours per phase (in the order in which they were introduced to the game):

Phase 1 Faction
    Phase 2 Galaxy
    Phase 3 Expedition
    Phase 4 Skirmish

No universal Featured Crew or Bonus Crew. The rewards table? All Beholds, with every crew member in the game in the mix, including Gauntlet and Voyage exclusives. Whoever you pick in the thresholds becomes your Featured Crew, with their variants becoming Bonus Crew.

Imagine the strategy choices! Do you pick a 4* Captain Janeway even though you've already immortalized her because she has so many variants and you may have several of them in your crew? Or do you pick Commander Nevesa because you've had her at 1/4 for ages and this is your big chance to pick up the remaining three stars on her from the event thresholds, even though she won't give you any Bonus Crew? What's more important to you?

In the Rank Rewards table, whichever 3*, 4*, 5* crew you pick is who you'd get the corresponding number of stars for that you'd ordinarily get. If you ranked #1001, you would get a 3/3 and a 4/4 of whichever 3* and 4* you picked in their respective Beholds. If you ranked #999, you'd also get a 1/5.

That sounds fascinating, but I guess it would be difficult to implement. However, if they did it without event crew or with all captains as event crew, three super-rare beholds and one legendary behold in the threshold and citations in the ranked rewards it would be lots of fun (for me at least :D ).
  • Options

Phase 1 Faction
    Phase 2 Galaxy
    Phase 3 Expedition
    Phase 4 Skirmish

I think a two phase event is all DB can handle right now. The last 3 phase event went 6 days: unless we run another of those (which would be interesting if exhausting).

However, I'd suggest no event crew whatsoever. It would be too complicated to code a different possibility for every player. No event crew. No bonus crew. Just crew.

The threshold rewards table would include super-rare beholds of 'elusive treasures' - cards not yet in the portal - and 'elusive treasures' begolds for everyone ranking above 1000. Top tiers get honorable citations. Community rewards would be two fusible rares of Bynars 0011 and 1001 (one of which also is in the rewards table) plus a legendary begold of 'elusive treasures'.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options

Phase 1 Faction
    Phase 2 Galaxy
    Phase 3 Expedition
    Phase 4 Skirmish

I think a two phase event is all DB can handle right now. The last 3 phase event went 6 days: unless we run another of those (which would be interesting if exhausting).

However, I'd suggest no event crew whatsoever. It would be too complicated to code a different possibility for every player. No event crew. No bonus crew. Just crew.

The threshold rewards table would include super-rare beholds of 'elusive treasures' - cards not yet in the portal - and 'elusive treasures' begolds for everyone ranking above 1000. Top tiers get honorable citations. Community rewards would be two fusible rares of Bynars 0011 and 1001 (one of which also is in the rewards table) plus a legendary begold of 'elusive treasures'.

Yes, let's please have this! Especially with the Bynars! :)
  • Options
    Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭

Phase 1 Faction
    Phase 2 Galaxy
    Phase 3 Expedition
    Phase 4 Skirmish

I like the idea of fusible characters. DB should release a new one with every Mega event and create a collection with multiple fused characters of every star level. 1+1 x1 for 1*, 2+1 x2 for 2*, 3+1 x3 for 3* and 4+1 x 4 for 4* and the fused characters are 1* higher. Imagine the fun trying to get 2 x 4* and get a legendary out of it and do that 5 times for FF 5*. They should be no citation too so you have time earn them. They can be in events, reward portal, permanent Guantlet (with better drop rates), voyages etc. Every aspect of the game should have at least one.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

Phase 1 Faction
    Phase 2 Galaxy
    Phase 3 Expedition
    Phase 4 Skirmish

I'm just a player. I don't have to care or worry about the logistics of an idea. I'm not part of the team that makes those decisions. Also, I'm not entirely sure how serious I was about the idea in the first place.
  • Options
    Re the 4 phase event idea: I get the reason for your order, but for your strategy discussion to have the intended impact you should probably go Galaxy-skirmish-expedition-faction so that the bonus crew you build matters more each phase.
  • Options
    [KM]Videm wrote: »
    This also brings up another question for which we need an answer. Will the traits affect the bonus value of the event crew such that we need to possibly switch between event crew at each battle? This will be a real PITA given the crew selection interface if that change is made for next week.

As @Paladin 27 quietly noted, this issue has been completely clarified by DB. If you have any single member of the event crew, they will give full bonus for every skirmish battle - no need to change anybody on your ship. So stick Proton Paris or Musketeer Picard in one of the slots, and you're good to go for all 4 days.

If you don't have one of them, then use ANY crew variant or hologram and get the mid-bonus in every battle - also no need to change the crew. If you somehow don't have a Picard/Paris variant OR a hologram... first, what the heck have you been doing all month? and second, yes, you will have to trait-match for every battle and and potentially swap crew each time to get the small bonus.

completely clarified...
    Sisko: What are you gonna learn in the next few months that you haven't already learned in the last 300 years?
    Ezri Dax: Oh, how to keep from breaking into tears for no reason...
  • Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    ?? Isnt Minuet classified as event crew? I had her in my crew slots but wasnt getting max bonus. Anyone else with this issue?

@Shan can you clarify this? Minuet should be getting max bonus right?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    mejoyh wrote: »
    ?? Isnt Minuet classified as event crew? I had her in my crew slots but wasnt getting max bonus. Anyone else with this issue?

@Shan can you clarify this? Minuet should be getting max bonus right?

There is a bug report in the engineering forum about it.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    When did Captain Proton become a hologram? He's Tom Paris dressed up who likes to play with holograms. (And yes, I know that sounds bad.)
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When did Captain Proton become a hologram? He's Tom Paris dressed up who likes to play with holograms. (And yes, I know that sounds bad.)

Another case of DB's left hand not knowing what its right hand is doing. (That is, the ones who wrote this event not being fact-checked by people who know more about the game and the crew specs.)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭

I get medicine from Bartenders every day!
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    It could just be me or my setup, but this second half seems easier to fight than the first. ...not that eaither have been particularly difficult for me, but still. I'm glad enough to have an easy second half. Especially the Captain Proton ship.
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    It could just be me or my setup, but this second half seems easier to fight than the first. ...not that eaither have been particularly difficult for me, but still. I'm glad enough to have an easy second half. Especially the Captain Proton ship.

Seems quite a bit easier to me. This round isn't even scratching my paint.
  • Options

Seems quite a bit easier to me. This round isn't even scratching my paint.

Same here. The first battle sometimes knocks down a bit of hull and the third battle might as well if there are a lot of successful evasions, but the others are super easy.