Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Interstellar Interference - 11/08

Comments

• So then we’re leaving it up to DB to tell us what race Airiam belongs to? I’d love to know how that Creative Team Meeting went.

They could just not give her a race like Q (hint hint DB, where is our ‘Q’ race ????)
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    So then we’re leaving it up to DB to tell us what race Airiam belongs to? I’d love to know how that Creative Team Meeting went.

They could just not give her a race like Q (hint hint DB, where is our ‘Q’ race ????)

Speaking of which, we know of at least 4 other Q that they could include in that race, DB!
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaBlack wrote: »
    Maybe we could get her unmasked in future versions
    9jealo1xj9d4.png

Huh. I always assumed the 'helmet' was her head. Like she's not a person with techy add-ons, it's all her.

Which isn't to say she couldn't hot-swap bits for utility. My pet hope is sometime in s2 she gets picked for an away mission, and before they beam down she nips back to her quarters to change into her field-ops arms.
  • So then we’re leaving it up to DB to tell us what race Airiam belongs to? I’d love to know how that Creative Team Meeting went.

Speaking of which, we know of at least 4 other Q that they could include in that race, DB!

3xdawyy633kz.jpeg
    lkax9i1t7ezf.jpeg
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Nxt Mega will be in December, so nxt possible DSC Mega could happen in February 2019 and not January, since so far its a Mega every 2 month.

What makes you sure there’s going to be another DSC Mega? Haven’t there been two already?
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Discovery is coming back in January, it would make sense to feature them again as it is the only new trek show.
    Let’s fly!
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Discovery is coming back in January, it would make sense to feature them again as it is the only new trek show.

That's my feeling. And there will be a Picard mega whenever that show starts. And a Lower Decks mega when that one starts, etc etc
  • Ugh...another STD character...

I've sat out the last two events, and it looks like I'll prolly sit this one out as well. The new weyune is the only card I want, and of course there seems to be no point in getting it. The new reward structure is causing me to sit out events.
  • Another bout of disappointment. I'm not contending that Weyoun 5 or Airiam aren't legitimate characters, but the field is wide open for mountains of others that have actually mattered in their various shows/movies. Airiam is a curiosity, not a real character yet. She has pushed a few buttons and spoken a mere handful of lines, none of which were plot-effecting. Weyoun 5 was mentioned and never seen.

We still don't have Fajo, for example, who was at least a quirky interesting bad guy. "All Good Things..." Governor Worf, etc. The list goes on but I have other things to do right now.

Dead on...
    Even if I was into STD, I'd be disappointed with these choices. Sooooooo many better characters to choose from. If I keep finding myself sitting these events out, I'll end up quitting the game.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    As always to you disco haters, if you don’t like the characters no ones forcing you to play the event

Actually, with the new reward system that’s not entirely true anymore. Anyone who wishes to have the next event’s 5* crew without buying a ton of event packs must participate.

On another note I find it easy to either airlock or power level and freeze crew if I don’t like them very much. I also have the crew slots to spare on a partially fused crew I don’t like. Refusing to participate at all, even through thresholds that yield other useful resources, seems immature.
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Refusing to participate at all, even through thresholds that yield other useful resources, seems immature.

Welcome to fandom.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    As always to you disco haters, if you don’t like the characters no ones forcing you to play the event

Actually, with the new reward system that’s not entirely true anymore. Anyone who wishes to have the next event’s 5* crew without buying a ton of event packs must participate.

On another note I find it easy to either airlock or power level and freeze crew if I don’t like them very much. I also have the crew slots to spare on a partially fused crew I don’t like. Refusing to participate at all, even through thresholds that yield other useful resources, seems immature.

In a literal sense that no one is holding a gun to your head, it is entirely true that no one is forcing you to play the event. In the sense that you are more or less penalized for not participating, no one is stopping you from airlocking Discovery crew after they serve their purpose.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Glad to see we are getting another Weyoun. He’s a vital character in DS9 and so masterfully acted by Combs.
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see we are getting another Weyoun. He’s a vital character in DS9 and so masterfully acted by Combs.

As is everything acted by Combs.
  • NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    Discovery is great! I think a lot of people got turned off because of the first episode cbs aired. The first two episodes are setup for the series. Discovery doesn't get really good until episode 3. I hated Discovery until I watched episode 3 and understood that the first two episodes were not stand alone eps but setup. I encourage others who have only seen the first episode to give the series a chance. I think you will be quite pleased with it if you do. You can even get cbs all access on a trial basis for free and binge the episodes if you do not want to or cannot pay the monthly fee.

I enjoyed the broadcast "teaser". And I want to watch it, I am just a little bitter about the whole CBS Streaming only in the US, when the rest of the world got it via Netflix (which I do already pay for). Blu-ray's are supposed to come out this month, so will probably pick those up.
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    NivenFres wrote: »
    Discovery is great! I think a lot of people got turned off because of the first episode cbs aired. The first two episodes are setup for the series. Discovery doesn't get really good until episode 3. I hated Discovery until I watched episode 3 and understood that the first two episodes were not stand alone eps but setup. I encourage others who have only seen the first episode to give the series a chance. I think you will be quite pleased with it if you do. You can even get cbs all access on a trial basis for free and binge the episodes if you do not want to or cannot pay the monthly fee.

I enjoyed the broadcast "teaser". And I want to watch it, I am just a little bitter about the whole CBS Streaming only in the US, when the rest of the world got it via Netflix (which I do already pay for). Blu-ray's are supposed to come out this month, so will probably pick those up.

Yes I completely understand that. CBS probably would have forced people in other countries to get All Access too if they could have gotten away with it. They still might for later seasons. Though in those other countries they still had to pay for Netflix.
    Let’s fly!
  • ST_DreadnoughtST_Dreadnought ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Unnecessary comment removed. ˜Shan
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    CB4_V'ger wrote: »

Unnecessary comment removed. ˜Shan

By executing the event flawlessly. Thus, rebuilding your trust that future events will be run correctly. Then, when you least expect it, they will mess up again just to mess with YOU, player132548.

That or it was an honest mistake and they'll try to do better because it serves their bottom line to run a good, consistent game.

I'm sure it's one of those two things.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cam Taliis wrote: »
    I really hope Weyoun 5 has good stats. Jeffrey Combs deserves better than the crew he has been represented by in-game up til now.

I agree. I wouldn't mint getting a decent Shran or Brunt at some point too.
  • I generally oppose the encroachment of Christmas this far into November, but I wouldn't be mad at the introduction of a 3* Ebeneezer Scrooge Data.

3* star should be more added. Like 2* and 1* but another Data? I love the char, but i guess it was enough lately.
    "I am First Omet'iklan and i'm dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar. Remember: victory is life"

VIP-Level: 14
    Fleet: [GER]StarFleet
    Immortals total: 437; 23 Legendaries; 257 Super Rare; 79 Rare; 51 Uncommon; 27 Common

Collections: Rare; Uncommen; Common; Live Long and Prosper; Do no Harm; Chain of Command; The neutral Zone; Valor in Combat; The Daystrom Award; The Eugenic Wars; Rules of Aquisition
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't be opposed to getting one of the other Disco bridge crew characters as the 3*. But it'll probably be a totally random Seven of Nine.
  • I need one more Borg for the collection so I would like a 3* Seven too.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need one more Borg for the collection so I would like a 3* Seven too.

Good point.

Is there anyway to claim a Starfleet version of Seven? Perhaps a 2* security version with starfleet, alien, and female?
  • I need one more Borg for the collection so I would like a 3* Seven too.

Good point.

Is there anyway to claim a Starfleet version of Seven? Perhaps a 2* security version with starfleet, alien, and female?

Unfortunately, as far as I can recall, she never actually joined Starfleet. The best chance for that was Temporal Agent Seven, where she impersonated a Starfleet officer, but that obviously already exists, and she still does not have the trait.