Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Peldor Joi - 11/15

Comments

• [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I need another star on Shran, will need one on Penk. Highly tempted to spend some DIL.

Edited because I’m a dummy.
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made two pulls trying for Penk. First pull was Shran (already immortalized) and the second pull was Weyoun (who I didn't have as I was thresholds and out last week).
  • I made two pulls trying for Penk. First pull was Shran (already immortalized) and the second pull was Weyoun (who I didn't have as I was thresholds and out last week).

Same boat, made a pull hoping for Penk and got a Weyoun...... After going threshold and out last week.
  • barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do wants that Spock. His stats ain't amazing, but it's Captain Spock.
  • AviTrek wrote: »
    So, everyone's been going crazy over Spock. Why do I have a nagging concern that next week will be a Skirmish event, where having Spock doesn't really mean squat?

We don't know his ship stats. With his surgery on a torpedo to fire on a cloaked bop, he could be a fun ship ability that might be useful.

True, but even if he'd be nice, he's not essential; having the existing at 1/4 L100 gives the same VP as Captain Spock FF/FE.
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whelp busy times, lackluster stats at 1/5, even if lots of traits (which don't matter much any more at end game), I guess we'll just see how far along the new threshold structure coasting gets me.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made two pulls trying for Penk. First pull was Shran (already immortalized) and the second pull was Weyoun (who I didn't have as I was thresholds and out last week).

Same boat, made a pull hoping for Penk and got a Weyoun...... After going threshold and out last week.

Exact same thing happened to me . . . except on my first pull after I got the Shran I also got a BeGold and was able to acquire First Officer Burnham. :smile:
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Almost a AngelAlmost a Angel ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Wish I could afford the Blood Bath! :D
    razrzjyofphm.gif
    good luck to the 'rankers' tho
    Vulcans Rule!

sqe3muueyk3c.gif
    Lol :-)
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have noticed no difference so far.
    Let’s fly!
  • I have noticed no difference so far.

Agreed. About 8-9 hours in I'm maintaining sub-1k. I've only used one shuttle coin (miscalculated the kick start and wanted to compensate for running shuttles at 3500). Granted, I have Weyoun 5 1/5 FE and got my first Penk on Wednesday and leveled him. So some advantage, but not a flaming spikey baseball bat advantage.
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • [FF] SEVENNAH[FF] SEVENNAH ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    ZEB wrote: »
    Wish I could afford the Blood Bath! :D
    razrzjyofphm.gif
    good luck to the 'rankers' tho
    Vulcans Rule!

sqe3muueyk3c.gif
    Lol :-)
    Very funny @ZEB but no tears here, I was being somewhat sarcastic tho as my money is better spent out of cyberland
    (lol, lvl 14, so long ago now; then I stopped
    donating to the DB holiday fund)
    :D

l1pgkxklbgr0.gif

nb: maybe I should have said 'blood money bath' :D

• Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else inexplicably failing more than half of 75%+ shuttles?
  • I am as well, they may have increased the failure rate.
  • Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gogus wrote: »
    I am as well, they may have increased the failure rate.

Well that would be nice to have accurate success rates displayed...
  • You figure that people would be randomly posting about their successful shuttles? A sample of 2 people is hardly enough data to support a problem. :) I had 2/4 overnight shuttles fail and dropped like a rock, work to do to catch up again.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had no issues with my success rate. I've had mostly success with a couple failures of my lowest ranked shuttle.
  • AviTrek wrote: »
    I've had no issues with my success rate. I've had mostly success with a couple failures of my lowest ranked shuttle.

Ditto.
    My first round of 4ks tanked, but since then I'm running around 90% success.
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • If anything my success rate is a bit higher than expected. I ran 6 8k shuttles overnight with percentages from the mid-70s to the mid-80s and all 6 succeeded. Other than those two tokens my play has been no different than previous faction events, with pretty much identical results.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    After 20 shuttles at 4K, I'm currently underperforming slightly. Displayed success of 90%, actual success of 80%. But, ya know, it's still early from a statistics standpoint.
  • If anything my success rate is a bit higher than expected. I ran 6 8k shuttles overnight with percentages from the mid-70s to the mid-80s and all 6 succeeded.

Same overnight set, and only 2 times succes here.....
  • WTF DB ???!!!
    AN 88% SHUTTLE MISSION WITH 3 BONUS CHARACTERS JUST FAILED.
    (one of the characters was a Penk 4/4*, level 100, not inmortilized.)

Come on DB... I know that I'm not "the great spender" but there's something really wrong with your math or something.

Stop stealling weeds from the Hobbits !!!
  • 88% meand 12% chance of Failior. I have had them fail in the 90s, and succeed in the 60s. it all depends on the roll.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm experiencing slightly better than expected results.
  • Gib - Admiral MarinersGib - Admiral Mariners ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Overall, so am I. And I am sitting at Just over 1000. Using a double rewards token if I can start with a rating of over 90%
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fecho wrote: »
    WTF DB ???!!!

Come on DB... I know that I'm not "the great spender" but there's something really wrong with your math or something.

Stop stealling weeds from the Hobbits !!!

88% is not equal to 100%. I once had a 96% shuttle fail.

It happens.

More importantly, it means roughly 1/9 will fail. Of the 24 rounds you may be running over the course of the event, you should expect at least 2 to fail.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fecho wrote: »
    WTF DB ???!!!

Not to pile on to the comments that have already been made, but it doesn't matter whether the crew are bonus or not. 88% is 88%. The bonus is already built into that number. Skill boost, time boost, reward boost, bonus, no bonus - however you get it to 88%, you still have a 12% chance to fail.