Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Peldor Joi - 11/15

12346»

Comments

• AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the flip side... I keep having 14% shuttles succeed.
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cleared the thresholds earlier this afternoon, but at rank 1200, I'm not moving much in the rank to expect to land in the top 1000, even running six shuttles at 90% of success or more.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently 747th place. I'm going to run a set of doubled shuttles overnight to maintain my spot.
  • Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmmm, 18 bonus shuttles sent, 46 3* time boosts, outside the top 1000. Tell me again how this is not pay to win?
  • Question: How does eXo Frank get 4 separate copies of Prince Bashir?

Free Copy we all got, double your crew, three? four?

Just curious
    “You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai
  • Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you did the "play GOTA for two minutes" thing, you get an extra Prince. Done right, doubled equals four.
  • If you did the "play GOTA for two minutes" thing, you get an extra Prince. Done right, doubled equals four.

Okay, thanks for the 411. :)
    “You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Hmmmm, 18 bonus shuttles sent, 46 3* time boosts, outside the top 1000. Tell me again how this is not pay to win?

You can easily do well without paying a dime. I had a good quick start, have not sent any bonus shuttles and have never used dilithium. I’m currently at rank 312 with shuttles coming back in an hour.

Oh, and haven’t used any of the reward multipliers. Friday and Saturday night I used the 9 hour overnights so I could sleep in.
  • I got a Legendary Behold in the Premium ten pull from the threshold.
    JVf8jQq.png
    I'm glad they are being a little more generous with the thresholds in faction events. Nice to have a reason to keep playing, even if you aren't shooting for top 1000 (though I am this time).

Wow you lucked out. I cashed all mine in for about 800 honour.

I hope you picked Opaka. She rocks. ;)
  • Hmmmm, 18 bonus shuttles sent, 46 3* time boosts, outside the top 1000. Tell me again how this is not pay to win?

You can easily do well without paying a dime. I had a good quick start, have not sent any bonus shuttles and have never used dilithium. I’m currently at rank 312 with shuttles coming back in an hour.

Oh, and haven’t used any of the reward multipliers. Friday and Saturday night I used the 9 hour overnights so I could sleep in.

Seriously, how?!
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met

Seriously, how?!

High shuttle success with a truckload of time reducers. That's the only way if he didn't use any of the new stuff.
  • Wow, this got ugly like a galaxy really fast.

I dropped about 300 in the rankings over the course of 4 hours; this despite sending shuttles every 3 hours overnight.

As it stands, I'll probably have used more boosts to end up in top 1k on this event than I did to get top 500 in the Castlevania Faction event.
  • garnergarner ✭✭✭
    So why don't we have Spocks ship stats?
  • RNGesus doesn't like me this time. Out of the last 20 shuttles (all 87+%) only 3(!) were successful. *sigh*
    ELiL wrote: »
    RNGesus doesn't like me this time. Out of the last 20 shuttles (all 87+%) only 3(!) were successful. *sigh*

I don't want to say that I don't believe you, but I don't believe you.
  • NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭

Seriously, how?!

High shuttle success with a truckload of time reducers. That's the only way if he didn't use any of the new stuff.

Yup same here. Been sitting around 250-350 most of the event. 429 right now, but 4 shuttles out before the end.

I used one of the one-use shuttle tokens for an overnight shuttle, mostly as an experiment. I ran several time reducers, since my average success percentage was around 80-90%. They are a little more plentiful with the ad warp doublers applied on Thursday. Also, didn't have many failures at all.
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, this got ugly like a galaxy really fast.

I dropped about 300 in the rankings over the course of 4 hours; this despite sending shuttles every 3 hours overnight.

As it stands, I'll probably have used more boosts to end up in top 1k on this event than I did to get top 500 in the Castlevania Faction event.

I was afraid I would drop a lot in the rankings because I was busy with a party yesterday and wasn’t able to send more shuttles but I managed to only drop about 50 places. Over the course of the event I have used about 100 3* time reducers (and the 11 4* and one 5* time reducers I had also saved up over the last few months) plus about a dozen and a half 9 hour reward doublers for sleepy time and all of the free requisition tokens from thresholds and the achievement...currently sitting at rank 157.
    garner wrote: »

It would appear that either nobody had Spock come up in a Dabo wheel, won him even if he appeared, or posted a screenshot if he was won.
  • ELiL wrote: »
    RNGesus doesn't like me this time. Out of the last 20 shuttles (all 87+%) only 3(!) were successful. *sigh*

I don't want to say that I don't believe you, but I don't believe you.

That's RNG...
    A few events ago, I had only 4 fails during the whole event. (Don't remember which one is was...)

And even this event, my complete success rate is only a few % lower than predicted. I started with a little bad RNG, then had two days of good RNG and now I'm back on the bad side...
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    garner wrote: »

It would appear that either nobody had Spock come up in a Dabo wheel, won him even if he appeared, or posted a screenshot if he was won.

And even though someone was first to max, for some reason, DB has declared it verboten to give ship stats.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Super competitive around the 1k mark. For the first time ever, I had to send out 2 shuttles using a combination of 4* speed boosts and 100 dilithium to bring them home quickly, in order to maintain my spot in the top-1000.

The last 4k points moved me up over 100 spots, so it is super tightly packed between 850-1000 (at least)!

I finished in the 947 spot, and here's what it took:
    - 11 x 3* speed boosts
    - 4 x 4* speed boosts
    - 8 x rental shuttle tokens
    - 200 dilithium
    - lots of 3* skill boosts (CMD, CMD, SEC & ENG with ever wave)
    - setting alarms every 3 hours for 72-straight hours, including 4 nights
    - that was with 16 bonus event crew and shuttle success rates of 84%, 87%, 92% and 94%

That is crazy to me, just to barely finish inside the top-1000!
  • Webberoni wrote: »
    Super competitive around the 1k mark. For the first time ever, I had to send out 2 shuttles using a combination of 4* speed boosts and 100 dilithium to bring them home quickly, in order to maintain my spot in the top-1000.

The last 4k points moved me up over 100 spots, so it is super tightly packed between 850-1000 (at least)!

- 11 x 3* speed boosts
    - 4 x 4* speed boosts
    - 200 dilithium
    - that was with 16 bonus event crew and shuttle success rates of 84%, 87%, 92% and 94%

Yeah I dropped from rank 600 to 1033 in the last hour. I think we've reached a point where there's too much competition (for me) to try top 1k for each faction event, too many buying opportunities. Need to save speed boosts longer (to be able to still sleep at night and not be perfect with shuttle timing).

I hope skirmish and galaxy events don't get there too soon. At this pace eventually every event type will require saving multiple weeks to get top 1k. That does not sound like much fun to me.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    I did the same, at rank 950 with 2 minutes remaining I insta-completed two shuttles and finished ~750. Kinda madness really they cant have been much in it.

Jim

DB: Do Better
  • Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭

- 11 x 3* speed boosts
    - 4 x 4* speed boosts
    - 200 dilithium

It was tightly packed all the way down the top 1000. I was between 250-500 all weekend running non stop with the occasional speed boost or extra rental shuttle with all the main event crew and about 15 extra bonus crew. Even with an extra overnight run, I woke up and fell to below 700. Ran 2 full loads of express runs using most efficient missions to stay there in the last 3 hours.

This was a crazy event.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018

My 3rd alt didn t even used 1 bonus shuttle at all, and finshed top 300, with zero spending. Maybe just try harder? And just because u don t wanna send shuttles every 3hs or even 90 minutes(even at nite), it doesn t mean it isn t possible. ;)

And btw, my 2nd alt even finished top 200 with zero spending. Magic? I don t think so, but a good squad share from the squad leader helps as well.

•SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

- 11 x 3* speed boosts
    - 4 x 4* speed boosts
    - 200 dilithium

Yeah I dropped from rank 600 to 1033 in the last hour. I think we've reached a point where there's too much competition (for me) to try top 1k for each faction event, too many buying opportunities. Need to save speed boosts longer (to be able to still sleep at night and not be perfect with shuttle timing).

I hope skirmish and galaxy events don't get there too soon. At this pace eventually every event type will require saving multiple weeks to get top 1k. That does not sound like much fun to me.

I submit that Skirmish and Galaxy events were already there and Faction events have only recently caught up to them in terms of stockpiling resources. This is certainly the case for a top 25 run but I think the same is true of a top 1000 run - in Skirmishes you need to load up on chrons (though there is a high return on the Intel-chrons feedback loop) and you need chrons, items, or both to succeed in a Galaxy event. Factions are still more dependent on dilithium for victory but success in individual events is predicated on stockpiling time boosts and now requisition tokens.

When I used time reduction boosts on a weekly basis, I could place 2000-3000 reliably. Without using any, my ranking slips to 3000-4000 on most events but allows me to apparently hit the top 150 every couple months (if this event was any indication).