Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Peldor Joi - 11/15

Comments

• Now this is what I call a bloodbath
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Cmdr Worf's HeadCmdr Worf's Head ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Peldor *joy*. The name of the holiday is Peldor. Wishing people Peldor JOY is the equivalent of wishing people Merry Christmas or Happy Halloween or what have you.

Having that minor gripe, COMBS EVENT.

MemoryAlpha and startrek.com disagree with you...

Actually he was kinda right and kinda wrong

According to memory alpha, its Peldor Festival and the official greeting is "Peldor Joi"\

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Gratitude_Festival

So Joi is the correct spelling, but the holiday is the Peldor Festival or Gratitude Festival.

---Yeah I know, still annoyingly pedantic after all these posts...

But the event post didn't say it was the name of the festival, just the name of this event. So the only thing he can be correcting is the spelling, Shirley?

Edit: Pedanticism forever!
    Sisko: What are you gonna learn in the next few months that you haven't already learned in the last 300 years?
    Ezri Dax: Oh, how to keep from breaking into tears for no reason...
  • 5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is awesome.
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • Not keeping 3/4 Commando Shran from earlier this year has come back to haunt me, I see. -_- Regardless, this is the long requested Coombs Event, and the introduction of Captain Spock, so I hope everything goes smoothly and that it plays out satisfyingly for those who have wanted those things!
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    So who would be most helpful to use and to share: a 1/5 equipped Weyoun, or an immortalized Shran?
  • Vreenak9Vreenak9 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I don't really care about the Spock. But I am happy that it will be faction. So I can pull some event packs to get this weyoun. This week I am out. Never reach top 1k in galaxy.
    "I am First Omet'iklan and i'm dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar. Remember: victory is life"

VIP-Level: 14
    Fleet: [GER]StarFleet
    Immortals total: 437; 23 Legendaries; 257 Super Rare; 79 Rare; 51 Uncommon; 27 Common

Collections: Rare; Uncommen; Common; Live Long and Prosper; Do no Harm; Chain of Command; The neutral Zone; Valor in Combat; The Daystrom Award; The Eugenic Wars; Rules of Aquisition
  • Oh boy, the events just got real.
  • Great to see Captain Spock coming to the game as he is my #1 character I want. But since I hardly rank that high in faction events as I am F2P I will just wait till he is available in the portal and hope to get him in a free 10x portal pull during events. Vulcan Salute to DB for making me happy!
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    So who would be most helpful to use and to share: a 1/5 equipped Weyoun, or an immortalized Shran?

With 3x bonus...

Weyoun Clone 5 1/5
    SEC 2298 / DIP 1479 / CMD 792

Commando Shran 4/4
    CMD 2019 / SEC 1776 / DIP 954
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

With 3x bonus...

Weyoun Clone 5 1/5
    SEC 2298 / DIP 1479 / CMD 792

Commando Shran 4/4
    CMD 2019 / SEC 1776 / DIP 954

Thanks. Shran has better over-all numbers, but it will really depend on the skill.
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you can thank me for this wonderful Combs event, thank you thank you.

THANK YOU Kilana and good to see you back again :) now, what will you do if and when they roll out a Combs Collection...?
  • Combs event is great, but now can we have a Suzie Plakson event with a new Female Q?? Pretty please?
  • Captain Spock better be a beast or else lock your doors DB, the mob is coming your way......

I’m thinking a combo of Com/Sci/Dip? Any thoughts?
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Captain Spock better be a beast or else lock your doors DB, the mob is coming your way......

I think you are most likely right.

COM/SCI/ENG, he did fix the Enterprise's engines at the end of Star Trek II.
  • I am hoping these new Delta Quadrant characters this year warrant a Delta Quadrant Collection at some point!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • I am hoping these new Delta Quadrant characters this year warrant a Delta Quadrant Collection at some point!

Great idea! Make up a list and see how it's progressing! We could have a thread on who else would be a good addition!
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • We are getting a Captain Spock
  • Hope we get the Delta Flyer scheamacts
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭

COM/SCI/ENG, he did fix the Enterprise's engines at the end of Star Trek II.

I agree that ENG is a possibility, but he could have also done this via SCI knowledge. His persona has too much DIP to be ignored, and he is captain of a starship so CMD must be included. My fear is that he will be DIP/CMD/SCI, but if it we're up to me, I'd make him CMD/SCI/DIP.
  • IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    VulcanDude wrote: »
    Great to see Captain Spock coming to the game as he is my #1 character I want. But since I hardly rank that high in faction events as I am F2P I will just wait till he is available in the portal and hope to get him in a free 10x portal pull during events. Vulcan Salute to DB for making me happy!

I agree with you that generally speaking finishing in the top 1,000 of a Faction Event is a challenge for most F2P players, but since Captain Spock is # 1 on your wish list, you may want to consider a one-time all-out effort to get him. If you have 4 shuttles, then it is doable for you to make it to the top 1,000 in the Rankings, provided:

- you have a decent number of Time Reductions boosts available to use, so as to increase how many shuttles you are able to send out during the 96 hours of the Event
    - you don't miss out on sending out shuttles during the night time (i.e., you may need to interrupt your sleep a few nights)

If you do decide to really go for it, Good Luck!!
  • I have started thawing my andorians and Dominion 4 stars. Glad a have a few days to level up lt. terah (whom a voyage just gave me the last star on).
  • Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    Crew list...

Event Crew:
    Weyoun Clone 5 (5*)
    Penk (4*)
    Commando Shran (4*)

Bonus Crew:
    Changeling Founder
    Changeling Martok
    Lissan
    Mirror Shukar
    Ushaan Shran

Ambassador Shras
    Changeling Bashir
    Commander Thelin
    Diseased Changeling Founder
    Dominion Dukat
    First Goran'Agar
    Ikat'Ika
    Kilana
    Lieutenant Tarah
    Thot Gor
    Weyoun Clone 4
    Yelgrun

Expedition Shran
    Keevan
    Third Remata'Klan

This is going to be an expensive week for thawing. On the bright side, I have all the 4* immortalized and my Mirror Shukar is 3/5-FE.

Normally I'd think I was set for a top-1000 finish in a faction event, but I'm not sure what to think of the new rent-a-shuttle and the potential impact it will have.

Think of it this way. Most of the spenders in the game likely already fall easily in top 1k. I don't expect to see a lot of new names in the top 1k as a result, just higher scores for a lot of ranks.

Great idea! Make up a list and see how it's progressing! We could have a thread on who else would be a good addition!

Done. Put in "Make It So" forum.
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/12041/delta-quadrant-collection#latest
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Ok, this event forgives the last three. I Mean, jeeez, CAPTAIN SPOCK IN A COOMBS EVENT!!!

...and there I was getting bored of the game, and sick of DB's screwups!

Thank you DB, all is forgiven!
    THIS ROCKS!!
  • DB do us right with Captain Spock and make him a base/prof beast!
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Captain Spock you say, who’s up for Captains Oath part 3?
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO