Home The Bridge

Your Gauntlet "Just......Wow" moment

Could be in your favor or, well, just wow....Will start with this......

7fbekjj7bmt8.png

Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.

Comments

• The only "wow" moments I have with gauntlet these days are when I get a 4* equip or a portal that's not 1*.

My true "WOW" moment came a couple weeks ago when I got a 3* portal × 7.
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • 5ss9ocxl2gqb.jpg
    phpbw6kp4snp.jpg
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • This one was a head scratcher also. My Crusher was 3/5* and fresh, no battles yet.

yq5acvnulu6o.jpg
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am less about the wow this person with x stats best another person with 2x stats and more about fun matchups like when my Locutus beat Smitten Picard because in TNG emotion beat out borg but not this time. Or when my Kahless beat Chancellor Gowron showing that Kahless is the real power of the Klingon Empire.
    Let’s fly!
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sick of half the gauntlets being 65% Guinan or 45% Mirror Picard favored.
  • My "WOW" will be if I get the 3 other stars for my Caretaker before he goes.
    Then get Armus within a week of him being featured.
  • I did this earlier just for kicks. I don’t get too worked up about gauntlets through. I won once to get the achievement. Otherwise I just farm crap and take it as it comes.

wp5ybks8hubg.png
  • Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    I try not to think about wow moments in the Guantlet too much any more because it makes me angry. Green man comes out after ...... Hulk smash ........
  • I have wow moments in gauntlet every single round. LOTS of instances like in the first post.
    [SSR] Sorin08
  • My "WOW" will be if I get the 3 other stars for my Caretaker before he goes.
    Then get Armus within a week of him being featured.

My "wow" moment will be if I get one at all. So far I'm at 0 Locutus, 1 Guinan, 0 Caretakers. But since I don't want Armus, I guess I'll get at least 6 or 7 copies of that one :#
  • Play it in iampicard and I suspect most people would get less frustrated. Somehow it's comforting to see that almost no gauntlet rounds are 100% chance of victory. Even if small % chance of failure, you can clearly see it's mathematically possible.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Play it in iampicard and I suspect most people would get less frustrated. Somehow it's comforting to see that almost no gauntlet rounds are 100% chance of victory. Even if small % chance of failure, you can clearly see it's mathematically possible.

^This. Not to mention that somehow, not seeing the animation of the scores and crits, makes it far less frustrating to watch when you do lose a match which you had good odds of winning. ;)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Although in iampicard I see that the 3rd battle regularly has the lowest odds. Must be my perception bias kicking in. Usually a merit refresh fixes the issue. Although I must admit I am playing gauntlet much more now that I don't have to log into the game and I can easily see how long I have until my crew refreshes.
  • [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    I had one come to mind when I won first (wasn’t trying that hard) and of all the boxes there was no four star equipment but I did get a three star database, no crew. I did get 20 chrons three times. It was kind of stunning and not in a good way. RNJeezus kicked my butt that day but that is how it goes sometimes. Several months back my single Guinan dropped after a very small streak which did cause a Wow. That was my last big win. Caretaker never did drop for me.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    k7tiv0kviu13.png
    DB: Do Better
  • KroasKroas ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Just happened....45% crit chance for me...5% for Caretaker.....rage.......RAGE!!!

• Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luck can go both ways in the gauntlet.
    toekgwz0ebcd.jpg

hc4e8yjbmfna.jpg

Why does everyone only talk about the bad luck?
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigh................

viozwtgzf6ik.png

:neutral:
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today getting Armus when I opened my rewards for the gauntlet that last ended.
    0 Locutus
    1 Guinan
    0 Caretaker
    1 Armus

Both Guinan and Armus were right near the start of their releases. Guess that means I'm done getting him and will miss the next one based on my luck. :smiley:
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • For me i got 0 Locutus (till he was included into a pack), 3 guinans (doubled up twice to ff her), and 0 caretakers. If i get 3 Armus (Armui?), that will be wowing because that would show a 0,3,0,3 pattern, and i will have actually gotten the gauntlet jackpot 3 times!!
  • cyci1kada7js.jpg

It was at this moment that I did a spit take with my coffee.
  • I recently sacrificed someone to a match I thought was impossible to win, didn't even pay attention to the results, and was then surprised to see them as an option the next round with 1 fatigue.

I wish I'd see how they won.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport