• Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    kcw6yxc4a17a.png

x7q7ib7zkiq5.png

lf6gm6fdy89f.png

arkhimi7mouy.png

• Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    Another one on the third box, lol u3rvr3ooj86m.png

I swear there is a hidden mechanic that makes the AI harder to beat on every 3rd consecutive matchup
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    Another one on the third box, lol u3rvr3ooj86m.png

I swear there is a hidden mechanic that makes the AI harder to beat on every 3rd consecutive matchup

This is part of my analysis. I have observed no such bias.
  • SteveJ301SteveJ301 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Getting my first Armus about 10 mins ago.
    l9bzyj0fzt70.png

jno8k99wulza.png
  • The first time I beat a Mirror Picard! B)
    8yjtzfnq4bhi.png
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Once yesterday and once today, my lower Stats Gun Show Picard slipped by a higher Stats Gun Show Picard, with a lucky Crit.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • The first time I beat a Mirror Picard! B)
    8yjtzfnq4bhi.png

Amazingly strong Selar. ;)
    Admiral of the Inner Planets Alliance fleets
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, this was unexpected.
    phpwqo1tkzly.jpg
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Again....wow.....this should not have even been close, but we all know the "rigged" RNG on those multiples of 3.... 25% of crit....0/6 vs 3/3.....ya ok right

vapx73qoomih.png
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Again....wow.....this should not have even been close, but we all know the "rigged" RNG on those multiples of 3.... 25% of crit....0/6 vs 3/3.....ya ok right

That's not all. Look at Gowron's first three rolls: 414, 442, 828=414*2. This is pretty common case. There is something very odd about this rng for sure.
    edited January 2019
    I've always assumed those "rigged" rolls were coding written into the game to prevent ties, since a tie in The Gauntlet would be pretty bad.

It always stings to be on the short end of RNGesus' Gauntlet wrath, but in my experience we benefit just as often as we are victimized.

IMO this becomes more glaring because the preferred Gauntlet strategy is to chase streaks and not rank. Given that this is the overwhelmingly popular Gauntlet strategy, I think most players would prefer for the attacker to get the advantage, not the defender, since the attacker winning "ties" benefits BOTH players: the attacker continues a streak and the defender loses trophies, knocking them down the table to create theoretically easier matches later to encourage their own streak.

To summarize: this is not strictly an RNG issue with regard to individual rounds, it is a conflict between that AND the RNG linked to reward chests. If the streak chests get nerfed and the ranked chests get a buff, this issue goes away...

--EDIT--

...because then you would WANT the defender to win ties, so you could hang on to your trophies on defense to hold on to your rank. After a re-read of my post, I concluded this was implied, but not clearly stated. The issue is that defenders currently hang on to too many trophies, which is counter to the reward distribution currently in place that favors streaks over rank.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm at the Library, so I was actually able to screenshot this one!!!!!

{Just in case someone hasn't seen Season One}
    I'll NEVER forgive her for Little Callie, and I love watching her die TWICE because of what she did to Little Callie.

But, she did earn a little respect here.....

liqjmqt9zyfv.jpg
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • 7cu7373fvew4.jpg

Hmmm.....
    Admiral of the Inner Planets Alliance fleets
  • I didn't screenshot it, but while I was trying to process rounds and wear out my crew, my 2x fatigued M. Phlox out crited and beat a full strength M. Phlox. Got a few extra merits for the win. Sometime RNG rolls my way.
  • q5m6kzv7kjn4.jpg

And then minuet V mirror JLP and this most welcome result coming out...
    Account on it's final tour, soon to be retired!
  • Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had my unfatigued Caretaker go down to an Etana Jol on a one skill, no crit Engineering match up today. Deepest sigh in a while on the gauntlet.
  • Every now and then RNG is in my favor, even on the 3rd roll. FYI both have 25% Crit and the Caretaker was 100FE with top roll of over 800 available.
    cw04b0wyh0m5.jpg

I got a 2* Interlock, at least it wasn't trainers
  • Proont wrote: »
    Doc Crusher rolled a 1. Critical failure. Tuxedo Nog laughed.
    khju19ch9em4.jpg

Out of curiosity, has anyone rolled a 0 or a 6?

Here you go.
    ueqr4vzefu1j.jpg
  • RaijinmeisterRaijinmeister ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I like how 90% of the time when the "computer" has at least 25% crit chance and only 3 rolls it always score a crit at least one.

I just play for the achieves.

Even constantly being at the top 3-10 I can say at the top of my lungs, the gauntlet it's a joke.
    65% vs 25%
    kvsq8bf0khy0.png
  • My Armus at 7888-3285 other person’s Surak
    =| :-)
    When is a crit not a crit?

z8akscbkdi2v.png

mmgxhamx3zli.png

• [DC] Picard Loves Reds[DC] Picard Loves Reds ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    842 > 768, therefore it's a crit. B)
    q5m6kzv7kjn4.jpg

And then minuet V mirror JLP and this most welcome result coming out...

The 374 in this picture is not a crit.
    At this point this is the total opposite of "wow", but no matter how close this should be...

6eyutpdeurva.png

...the results are ALWAYS...

vd4fidrg3o2e.png

...always.
    edited February 2019
    Nearly identical pre-fight stats....

xk0emn2o3g6j.png
    It happened AGAIN 4 hours later!

dxdoq1uvsfq8.png
    Guys, guys, GUYS!!! It FINALLY happened!!!

No, not that, but THIS finally happened!!!

p4bimzaa7r3q.png

y87gc0ht6ox8.png

Since I'll never win a legendary, this is as good as it will ever get for me!

• Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nx2own09pqu2.png

• *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been having some fun with my most wanted crew, TOS #1. Hope you like it! :smiley:

rlmvkpp1re4c.png
    aljpvysr2eyq.png
    91npfnjj6d7p.png
    vclmup1sycng.png
    dlus7z63ytwq.png
    momkoygsxwbl.png
    hsbzutgt9lnh.png
    3v874jyvk1ql.png
    75riwcdhmfc7.png

Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
    :|

:o

:/

:(

:'(

vafukyn6e7t1.png