Home The Bridge

Your Gauntlet "Just......Wow" moment

Comments

• Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Boothby Replicant is apparently incapable of defeating Surak, but he has ALL of Banjo Man's lunch money!

up63swsu89wi.png
    2882coob6h1c.png

And then seconds later...

l2kzt54z2z4a.png
    s2ovaazbgrnn.png

• mbs3khp2s6sj.jpg

Apollo...really?
    Admiral of the Inner Planets Alliance fleets
  • Mine was having command as the featured skill and getting some skills pair that included engineering (not with command) three rounds in a row against the caretaker which I don't have. Of course I got smoked all three times.
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine was having command as the featured skill and getting some skills pair that included engineering (not with command) three rounds in a row against the caretaker which I don't have. Of course I got smoked all three times.

I often only see the featured skill in the first match then it takes a long break.
  • oq761s2vhi0x.jpg

When the Caretaker just doesn't cut it.
  • jestergeniejestergenie ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Wish my 5%ers hit like that,,,,,,,,,,,,,or in this case my rested 25%er

8t749txjmrtl.png

If it makes you feel better, you would have lost even without the crits (1349 vs 1379).

Surak vs. Seven of Nine isn't a very favorable matchup, even at 25% vs 5%
    mstoi1lc6nlr.png

Not a very favorable matchup, huh? Even at 25% vs 5%? Sure, sure...

You should accept one obvious thing. If DB wants you to lose, you lose. Even if your opponent would have to roll 7 (seven) crits in 6 rolls at 0% crit chance in each roll. Gauntlet is not a fairly random system. I have no doubt about it, even the slightest.

#idonttrustdb

No, I usually don't consider a 60% chance very favorable.

If you're interested, I have collected 4000+ rounds worth of gauntlet data if you would like to investigate if it is fair yourself:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sYlf7A6M-kaENSsxoHhiUrpNuv71zNRz50Izi-ARB6E/edit?usp=drivesdk

Well... there are many more rounds on many different forums. Lately I've found this little precious. ;)

cmp3sa6zglfe.png

#dbrngsucks

If you're interested, you can find many more of these jewels yourself...
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭

8t749txjmrtl.png

If it makes you feel better, you would have lost even without the crits (1349 vs 1379).

mstoi1lc6nlr.png

You should accept one obvious thing. If DB wants you to lose, you lose. Even if your opponent would have to roll 7 (seven) crits in 6 rolls at 0% crit chance in each roll. Gauntlet is not a fairly random system. I have no doubt about it, even the slightest.

#idonttrustdb

If you're interested, I have collected 4000+ rounds worth of gauntlet data if you would like to investigate if it is fair yourself:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sYlf7A6M-kaENSsxoHhiUrpNuv71zNRz50Izi-ARB6E/edit?usp=drivesdk

Well... there are many more rounds on many different forums. Lately I've found this little precious. ;)

cmp3sa6zglfe.png

#dbrngsucks

Rare events happen. The relevant question is: are rare events occurring at an unexpectedly high rate. Based on the rounds I have collected, the answer is, emphatically, no.
    I think my next wow moment will be if Command is ever one of the skills needed in a match up. I swear, I'm going to start benching Mirror Picard, Command simply never comes up anymore.
  • jestergeniejestergenie ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018

8t749txjmrtl.png

mstoi1lc6nlr.png

#idonttrustdb

cmp3sa6zglfe.png

#dbrngsucks

Rare events happen. The relevant question is: are rare events occurring at an unexpectedly high rate. Based on the rounds I have collected, the answer is, emphatically, no.

...and yet there is magic everywhere... ;)

lxn8x04m9ve2.png
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018

8t749txjmrtl.png

mstoi1lc6nlr.png

#idonttrustdb

cmp3sa6zglfe.png

#dbrngsucks

lxn8x04m9ve2.png

Is there a joke here I'm missing? This isn't even a good example of a bad beat...

Kahless 65 vs Caretaker 5 (assuming that's what's going on here) is still basically a coin flip (starbases omitted b/c they were not provided):
    fv6d4xdscfdk.png

Notice, also, that Kahless rolls a 155. A FE Kahless with 1 debuff has a minimum SEC roll of 164. So either this Kahless isn't fully equipped or it had 2 or more debuffs. Note that a 65% Kahless with 1 debuff has a 28% chance of winning the matchup. An even lower roll would, clearly, lead to lower win probabilities.
  • Wish my 5%ers hit like that,,,,,,,,,,,,,or in this case my rested 25%er

8t749txjmrtl.png

mstoi1lc6nlr.png

#idonttrustdb

cmp3sa6zglfe.png

#dbrngsucks

lxn8x04m9ve2.png

Is there a joke here I'm missing? This isn't even a good example of a bad beat...

Kahless 65 vs Caretaker 5 (assuming that's what's going on here) is still basically a coin flip (starbases omitted b/c they were not provided):
    fv6d4xdscfdk.png

Notice, also, that Kahless rolls a 155. A FE Kahless with 1 debuff has a minimum SEC roll of 164. So either this Kahless isn't fully equipped or it had 2 or more debuffs. Note that a 65% Kahless with 1 debuff has a 28% chance of winning the matchup. An even lower roll would, clearly, lead to lower win probabilities.

No, no, no, it's not about winning or losing here. Who cares about winning or losing in Gauntlet anyway? Not me, for sure. It's all about rng magic. ;)
    These are always fun!

5yd9ypluj7kg.png
  • Commander ShranCommander Shran ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    My latest wow moment was facing a row of Suraks.
    cabfcvv0zv94.png
  • 3i44jzauff28.jpg
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    3i44jzauff28.jpg

A 3* beat a Gauntlet 5*. That is a "Wow!", Without wax............
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • The Caretaker had 1 previous round, so a little exhausted but still...amazing.
  • Defensive Phlox has better numbers than Mirror Phlox. My Defensive Phlox loses to Mirror Phlox nearly every time.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Defensive Phlox has better numbers than Mirror Phlox. My Defensive Phlox loses to Mirror Phlox nearly every time.

Spread. The Spread stinks. I lost three or four matches today because the other side was top end of the Spread and I was bottom end of Spread all three exchanges.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • [IPA] Markas[IPA] Markas ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    My Sulan has gone up against Mirror Phlox multiple times this gauntlet, fully charged, both at 25%. Sulan has never won and has rarely had a crit, while Phlox has 2 to 3 crits each time. Oh, and Sulan has always had 2 skills to Phlox's 1.

brwfcbeadwc8.jpg
  • Oh, and Sulan has always had 2 skills to Phlox's 1.

brwfcbeadwc8.jpg

This is certainly not a coincidence. Their algorithm is purposely constructed that way. You lost a character? You may be almost sure you will face wall of these characters in the next round. Is there a possibility to match your character with similar one but with additional skill. You can be sure you will face him next round. To do that they need to control character matching process. This is not real pvp. This is fully controlled and very hostile gambling environment.
  • 7tnl9pc5c9rc.png
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • i try to play gauntlet, but have never gotten above 125. i can win 1-2 in a row but then my crew is used up.
    edited January 2019
    This VERY nearly went sideways!

grnzdxdavu8r.png

• Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    2r6um1elsxnr.jpg

q6h759bpcbs7.jpg
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always the 3rd fight qjms9hb0a0rg.png
    DB: Do Better
  • 3siidqy5gylf.png
    Caretaker 25% v Phlox 5%
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    A moment ago...

agxg2onk3fn1.png
    9nxv2o3dhx3k.png

LOL! Sorry, had that happen to me on 33 and 36 wins....then of course lost on 37 in a literal 1 in a 10,000,000 roll
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another one on the third box, lol u3rvr3ooj86m.png
    DB: Do Better