Home The Bridge

Your Gauntlet "Just......Wow" moment

Comments

• Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phlox was victorious because he invoked the power of Rush!

x68ou2m28xgu.png
    OK, so I realize this match up is ever so slightly skewed in Surak's favor, but in practice this is what happens almost every time. At this point I've made my peace with The Gauntlet and feel it is much better now than it was 6 months ago, but this mystical dominance by Surak over Boothby Replicant is enough to get my blood boiling ever so slightly. My Gauntlet just ended and this exact pairing happened 4 times, and Surak took all 4 easily. Even when there are no crits, Surak wins virtually every time.

9bykvd9gtoim.png

05x8gduh8fzk.png
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Red-Shirting" a Crew with lousy odds, because I am tired of trying and losing. And I win by five points.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    I crunched the numbers and based on my calculations, in a direct DIP/SCI head-to-head fight between Boothby Replicant and Surak with crit chance being equal, on paper Boothby is 49.5% to win and Surak is 50.5% to win. In practice however, I believe my Boothby has only ever won twice out of about 3 dozen match ups.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    I crunched the numbers and based on my calculations, in a direct DIP/SCI head-to-head fight between Boothby Replicant and Surak with crit chance being equal, on paper Boothby is 49.5% to win and Surak is 50.5% to win. In practice however, I believe my Boothby has only ever won twice out of about 3 dozen match ups.

I feel your pain. In the early days of the gauntlet, when Defiant Commander Worf was still somewhat useful, I lost nearly every single tilt I had against him regardless of who I used or how much better they were on paper.
    How many lights do you see?

gfxiu5s3sve3.png

BTW, both crew were 25% crit.
  • *cries in corner* vms4uk87qu5b.png
    jg5pp9eh9ztn.png
    q5q5nxmz1h29.png
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Trelane 45% (272 -745) v Armus 5% (345 - 899)........

5wwuvbds2l8j.png

Guess which number it was....45% and I get 2 rolls within 25 points of the Min score...
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Trelane 45% (272 -745) v Armus 5% (345 - 899)........

5wwuvbds2l8j.png

Guess which number it was....45% and I get 2 rolls within 25 points of the Min score...

Using a higher % crit crew with only one skill matching is more risky, because you only have 3 chances to get the crit. 50% crit on 6 attacks = average 3 crits, 50% crit on 3 attacks = average 1.5 crits. with half the odds of getting crits, it makes crit % less valuable when you've got only one matching skill.
    Trelane 45% (272 -745) v Armus 5% (345 - 899)........

5wwuvbds2l8j.png

Using a higher % crit crew with only one skill matching is more risky, because you only have 3 chances to get the crit. 50% crit on 6 attacks = average 3 crits, 50% crit on 3 attacks = average 1.5 crits. with half the odds of getting crits, it makes crit % less valuable when you've got only one matching skill.

Which makes it even more amazing that my 45% got none and the opponent 5% hit 1......
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • [DC] Picard Loves Reds[DC] Picard Loves Reds ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    1496/2=798
    2704-798=1906

1197+297+288=1782

1782<1906

Therefore, you were doomed from the start. To win this one you would have needed all 3 rolls to crit, even if Armus didn't crit at all.
    1496/2=798
    2704-798=1906

1197+297+288=1782

1782<1906

Therefore, you were doomed from the start. To win this one you would have needed all 3 rolls to crit, even if Armus didn't crit at all.

Just won this.... 1 buff 25% Phlox (245-725) v Armus 25% (373 - 909), virtually the same stats as my Trelane v Armus (of course that was 45 v 5). I did not need 3 crits to win, I only needed good rolls....oh and this was on battle 2. Now if it had been 3, well :smile:

780n4cu7gupc.png
  • Wait?!?! People still play gauntlet? I thought most people quit because of examples like above?!
  • 45% Augment Miles vs. 25% Caretaker.
    eXo | Z•A•P•P
  • 0j0pvxir1ayj.png
    eXo | Z•A•P•P
  • Wait?!?! People still play gauntlet? I thought most people quit because of examples like above?!

Gauntlet is free supplies. Just do your rounds every 4 hours and see how it goes. Getting invested in getting a good rank is a recipe for disaster.
    Red shirted my Caretaker in GRAND style!

6m308h8o2w5c.png
    lx7a62i3zcpk.png
    edited May 2019
    Chicken!

70quexas1z7f.png
  • Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    do657ic602j7.png
    bck0dzq1fkuz.png

Defender bias is alive and well 😜
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    og26wvo38pbv.jpg
    How did my crew lose his diplomacy?
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    og26wvo38pbv.jpg

There's a thread about that in Engineering: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/comment/143908
    og26wvo38pbv.jpg

My guess is too much/not enough bloodwine.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta love a good knife fight!!!!!!

kq2csapuhklk.png
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Per the Crew Lvl 100 spreadsheet, Bartender Guinan is #1 for MED/DIP, Bell Riots Bashir is #8, a full 25% weaker.

hmc7guy3qcj4.jpg

Antaak is ranked #4 for MED/CMD; Mirror Phlox isn't even in the top 15, and yet...

o1qbncdephse.jpg

Incidentally, both of those would have completed a streak of three. Funny, that.
    ulfy7kjpva93.png
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish I'd taken a screenshot like all the rest of you ...

To win the gauntlet that ended today I beat Antaak (65%) on SCI/MED with my Armus (SCI only) who was fatigued 1 time ... by exactly 1 point, where Antaak had 5 crits, but my fave of the Guantlet specials had one crit to eek it out.

Armus is my fave, even though the others are better overall.

That win was me playing against the left-most opponent to just get in last gauntlet rounds and work my way to Locutus ... but it catapulted me to first and I managed to stay there for the next 2 hrs ... just played once more match, but Armus lost (didn't have any of the skills) to leave all my crew out of the running.

From the boxes I got my second The Caretaker.