Home The Bridge

Your Gauntlet "Just......Wow" moment

Comments

• RaraRacing wrote: »
    My moment:

- Just got 1st place in the Guantlet that ended last night ... first time ever, netting me the achievement.

DIP - Crafty, Scoundrel, Costumed
    - Locutus
    - Armus
    - The Caretaker
    - Guinan
    - Marshal of France Q (65%)

- 450 Merits and 0 dil spent over the 2 days.

Were the crew that did it for me, with Q being outstanding (first time I've used him). Started day 1 off really poor with win streaks of 3, 1 4 and 7 ... but managed to hit a 27 win streak to end it. Was up around 300 pts an hour before end (last time I checked in) on some of those captains with eXo and [fleet initials] in their names.
    The guantlet before I'd come in second by 10 pts ... thought it would be a while before I had another chance ... but hey.
    The post above by me was about that guantlet.

So, to all those with a decent crew (I'm missing the likes of Gowron, the 5* Honor Hall crew, bloated Phlox etc. etc.) and not willing to spend dil ... it can be done :)

up next ... I'm at 6478/7000 guantlet rounds for the achievement ...

I was one of those Captains with eXo in their names. I don't really post here but just wanted to say congratulations and very well done. I got beaten up by your Marshal several times...
    But it was a fun gauntlet with you ;-)
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    My moment:

- Just got 1st place in the Guantlet that ended last night ... first time ever, netting me the achievement.

DIP - Crafty, Scoundrel, Costumed
    - Locutus
    - Armus
    - The Caretaker
    - Guinan
    - Marshal of France Q (65%)

- 450 Merits and 0 dil spent over the 2 days.

Were the crew that did it for me, with Q being outstanding (first time I've used him). Started day 1 off really poor with win streaks of 3, 1 4 and 7 ... but managed to hit a 27 win streak to end it. Was up around 300 pts an hour before end (last time I checked in) on some of those captains with eXo and [fleet initials] in their names.
    The guantlet before I'd come in second by 10 pts ... thought it would be a while before I had another chance ... but hey.
    The post above by me was about that guantlet.

So, to all those with a decent crew (I'm missing the likes of Gowron, the 5* Honor Hall crew, bloated Phlox etc. etc.) and not willing to spend dil ... it can be done :)

up next ... I'm at 6478/7000 guantlet rounds for the achievement ...

Marshal of France Q is pretty great. I’m disappointed in myself that I waited to level him until I got the last star...
  • Congratulations @RaraRacinlg on your achievement. It is great to get to #1 without spending dil. And I agree about Marshall Q. I left him low in level and needed him for a Q event and then noticed how useful he turned out to be.
    Admiral of the Inner Planets Alliance fleets
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks all for the kind words! :)

@eXo | Raji
    Thanks, captains from fleets like eXo, [10F] etc. are a guiding light and good to know that on my best day I have a chance. Hope to see you again soon. :)

See you all in the Guantlet (forum regular Prime Lorca is in the top 5 of my current one). :)
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    Another one on the third box, lol u3rvr3ooj86m.png

I swear there is a hidden mechanic that makes the AI harder to beat on every 3rd consecutive matchup

Going for box 9...........

63r9e2wgjj3r.png
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surak is the new Quark, no matter what his listed crit chance is, it is really 65%. Granted my Boothby Replicant was fatigued, but come on!

uczga6v1r0i8.png
    Crusher on Crusher crime.

e81p79dguw22.png
    9m68l9r8op0k.png
    lm3r0tq7vuit.png
  • Doc Crusher has been deadly. I cant' throw anything at her to beat her.

And 65% wasn't what it used to be.
  • edited March 2019
    7 is at 5%, I'm 25%.

bkp2lqlgg1u8.png
  • Min is at 5%, I'm at 25. Three near max spins and critical.

j8iqia3pbb6c.png
  • I could post examples here forever. These three posts are all from one day.

lvwlg4e4ifid.png
    From my own experience, I think it best to completely throw out the very concept of expectations when Mirror Phlox takes on Mirror Phlox, as literally anything is possible.
  • See? This JUST happened. Three near max spins and two critical shots for my 25% opponent, and my six spin Min can't even get close.

gxwwyrxi03fv.png
    25% Spock v 5% Apollo.....and of course on the 3...

uhx56wy6fahc.png
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • My last three Gauntlet matches in a row...

x5uv0xifhipa.png
    gielg8hhj8h4.png
    nz67hebsflnd.png

How much consecutive bad luck is a person supposed to endure in a game designed for "fun" before their head explodes?
  • 2 more...boom!
  • For months after I bought Kahless, I nicknamed him "Useless the Unforgivable" as even fully equipped at level 100, he couldn't win a gauntlet match to save his life. A fresh, non-fatigued FE Kahless would regularly lose to 3* crew like Command Wrap Kirk and Dr. Selar (to say nothing of his inability to beat a 4* or 5* opponent). And these were all matches he should have won hands down, complete blowouts in his favor on paper. After 5 or 6 support tickets over the course of several months, the issue allegedly "fixed itself" (support claims they did nothing to fix my Kahles), and he actually wins at acceptable rate in gauntlet now.
    x5uv0xifhipa.png

I have never seen Admiral Nechayev lose!
  • I have been getting skunked all Gauntlet. One hour left and this little gem happens.
    q3j3ad606t6y.jpg
  • n1xfquhck5aq.jpeg
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
    n1xfquhck5aq.jpeg

smh That'll learn ya :tongue:
  • 4z5myr3u5dqj.jpg
    My worst gauntlet monster actually gets the crit wall.
  • My “Wow” Moment was getting 4th with crappy crew and pulling the caretaker from the chests! Definitely a good day!

Congrats! Quite an achievement! I hope I get the caretaker soon, I'm tired of losing. Great that someone got him!
  • vsq3zw3ncz27.jpeg
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
    Full strength Caretaker (25%) v M Phlox (5%) and guess which roll it was..........

6612cla7sdqo.png
  • The moment she dropped
    mruwl64wgztc.png
    and I forgot to take a screenshot! :o