Home The Bridge

Your Gauntlet "Just......Wow" moment

Comments

• Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is very annoying. I've had it happen many times. Mirror punches way above Defensive on a regular basis.

On straight MED and MED/SEC, Mirror Phlox wins more often than not. But on MED/SCI when Defensive has the crit advantage... Once is a fluke. Twice seems like winning the lottery.
    Farewell 🖖
  • s90xflfiffgs.png
    was thinking before I started what if Wesley wins? it would be good for this post. well lo and behold. 65% v 25%
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Not much surprises me in gaunlet anymore. But this was infuriating. Mirror Phlox had 25% crit. Defensive Phlox had 45%. Defensive Phlox had both skills (and good scores). Mirror Phlox had one. And somehow this happened twice in one gauntlet. 😡🤬

qb8t80lbozyz.png

9i93s9slxeg0.png
    That is very annoying. I've had it happen many times. Mirror punches way above Defensive on a regular basis.

It's that spread on Defensive. He can top out his Roll at 1000+, but the bottom end is low, so their is a wide swing. I try to avoid him, just because I never see a minimum Roll against him.

==============================================

DB: Would you like 250 Free Trophies???
    Me: I don't know if I should.
    Also Me: BANZAI!!!!!!!!!

unp4v8vw6h7a.jpg
    6z8mmt7b6lw1.jpg

I've never seen a 250 Trophy Opponent with those Rolls before, and probably never will again!!!!!!

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    qohwrvch53qu.png

This situation causes me the most frustration in the Gauntlet.......I put my Gary 7 up against Armus and got beaten because he failed to crit and Armus did twice. Next match was the reverse of the first and unsurprisingly my Armus got creamed.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    qohwrvch53qu.png

This situation causes me the most frustration in the Gauntlet.......I put my Gary 7 up against Armus and got beaten because he failed to crit and Armus did twice. Next match was the reverse of the first and unsurprisingly my Armus got creamed.

I have had the worst luck in this gauntlet when rolling Gary Seven...I think he’s won a single battle in nearly two days thanks to shenaniganry from my opponents’ rolls and crits.
  • JiveDutchJiveDutch ✭✭✭
    Mine was a surprise this weekend ..
    Ended at spot 14 ... got 7 crates .... Some trainers, 1 Armus and 1 Locutus .
    RNGSus be praised.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JiveDutch wrote: »
    Mine was a surprise this weekend ..
    Ended at spot 14 ... got 7 crates .... Some trainers, 1 Armus and 1 Locutus .
    RNGSus be praised.

Oddly enough, I think that's the first time in my years of playing that I've heard of someone getting 2 Legendaries in the final boxes. Congrats!

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pulling Locutus from a 3-win streak is as big a “wow” as I’ll ever get.
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you encounter an opponent with "no matching traits", and you don't have any active ones that match, you end up with two old guys slapping eachother once and calling it a day:

jdv6dkp6bga6.jpg

Honestly, I feel these are the fairest fights in the Gauntlet and I am so here for them now. :D
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1546 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
    When you encounter an opponent with "no matching traits", and you don't have any active ones that match, you end up with two old guys slapping eachother once and calling it a day:

jdv6dkp6bga6.jpg

#1 got the win by taking a nip at Sarek.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    Finally hit fifth place last night, to clear that Cheevo.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play Gauntlet, but not seriously. I don't have the crew to be a contender yet. I typically finish in the bottom third and have topped 100 once. I mostly hope for chrons or an equipable. I finished 154th, I think, yesterday and had two boxes.
    First one was unremarkable. The second one was Guinan. That was definitely a "Wait! What?" moment during my random check-in/housekeeping tasks while bringing in groceries. I had to check quarters and vault to convince myself I wasn't seeing things.

Congratulations! Your post gives hope. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • I didn't take a screenshot, but a 'wow' moment for me a gantlet or two ago was where 4 of my crew managed to win enough times be used right down to 0/0/0 for the next round. Never had that happen before. :D
    Doubt I'll ever see that again, very rarely have one crew make it to 0/0/0
  • I don't regret choosing EMA in a behold!
    In one gauntlet
    21a16szd2d1d.png
    wh7y2alnnkwr.png
    vcgvc1klxq4i.png
    lol! Okay EMA...
    zk0lnblemalw.png
    z0e41k5rb7hq.png
    You are busy...

• Annnd... that's probably enough for now.
    Take a break EMA.
    janwqjrvf77f.png
    o5u0eva0vz5z.png
    sq6ow84dgtl3.png

Dude! I said take a break already!
    :D
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
  • enigma starlordenigma starlord ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    had gauntlet go like this. Took 5% Mirror Phlox with 1 skill at 662 vs Soji at 25% with 2 skills on 3rd match. got:
    zk9cwz9j322w.png

already trained to level 20. EDIT: and got on straight up drop
    Finished Fourth last night. Second 🌟 for Locutus.
  • Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect I am just experiencing a lucky streak after a long dry spell.... five Gauntlet exclusive crew in the last six Gauntlets - Armus x 2, Locutus x2, and Guinan. Anyone else seeing a lift in drop rates?

By the way, all just honour for me.
  • Admiral 8QAdmiral 8Q ✭✭✭
    I suspect I am just experiencing a lucky streak after a long dry spell.... five Gauntlet exclusive crew in the last six Gauntlets - Armus x 2, Locutus x2, and Guinan. Anyone else seeing a lift in drop rates?

Wow! I still haven't gotten the Caretaker or Locutus. A whole bunch of Armus's though. lol
  • I suspect I am just experiencing a lucky streak after a long dry spell.... five Gauntlet exclusive crew in the last six Gauntlets - Armus x 2, Locutus x2, and Guinan. Anyone else seeing a lift in drop rates?

I play gauntlet daily and have all of the exclusives, but I haven't had one drop in months. Congrats on your lucky streak.
    Admiral of the Inner Planets Alliance fleets
  • Admiral 8QAdmiral 8Q ✭✭✭
    Looks like Lwaxana finally got her man! :D
    Probably chased him halfway around the quandrant with her flirting and lovey dovey kisses...
    an86lv1fs4e7.png