Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: A New Lease - 01/10

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2019 in The Bridge
Event Name: A New Lease
Event Type: Faction Event
Event Crew: Assimilated Hawk 5* (Existing), B-4 4* (New), and Lore 4* (Existing)
Event Dates: Thursday 01/10 until Monday 01/14

Ranked Reward 5*: Five of Twelve (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 01/17.

Event Factions:
Federation, Romulan Star Empire, Klingon Empire

Bonus crew:
• high bonus: event crew
• small bonus: variants of Data, Lore, and crew with the Borg trait.

Comments

• [SJ] Admiral Aki[SJ] Admiral Aki ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Five of Twelve or Axum

No Borg faction then, as some have speculated. :(
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    @Shan , are we going to find out if rank rewards were fixed back to Top 25 for 2 copies of the legendary reward, vs the top 15 change in the prior faction event?
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Looks like next next week is the Borg event...

B4 yay!

Axum?!? Yay!!!!!!!!!
    http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Axum
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like we're getting a mini Borg mega.
  • Assimilated Hawk... Axum(5 of 12)... Stealth Borg Mega?
  • robownage wrote: »
    Seems like we're getting a mini Borg mega.
    Assimilated Hawk... Axum(5 of 12)... Stealth Borg Mega?

Borg Mega? Yes please!
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »

Bonus crew:
    • small bonus: variants of Data, and crew with the Borg trait.

What about Lore variants? He does not give any bonus?
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • HaBlack wrote: »

Bonus crew:

It would stand to reason he would.
  • Whew, glad it’s a faction. Between leveling cards and going for the 400k for DA McCoy I’m burning through my chrons lately. I need a week to recover.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaBlack wrote: »

Bonus crew:

The only Lore variant is The One, Lore, and he has the Borg trait, so he gets the bonus.

That's what I was thinking. I came to see if anyone else found a Lore that I missed. I appreciate the confirmation.
    Farewell 🖖
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Five of Twelve or Axum

It's obviously coming. Perhaps live by the following week. Might be a Hybrid Fraction/Something 01/17
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Five of Twelve or Axum

There is nothing that says that they have to debut the faction at the same time as an event using that faction.
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Borg Event, watch for a slew of MED missions.
    Intentionally Left Blank
    edited January 2019
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    Five of Twelve or Axum

There is nothing that says that they have to debut the faction at the same time as an event using that faction.

This. The Faction has basically been confirmed. The whole 15th Faction Achievement, plus the really big clue. Borg Transmissions are showing up in "Get
    Item" Drops, but Locked........

Could even be launched within a Borg Semi-Mega. Four weeks of Borg Events, but no Mega repeating Crew.......
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps it will be a Unimatrix Zero faction?
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Could be the Borg are assimilating Convergence Day. I’d be surprised if DB ran a Mega Event so soon after the most recent one.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cannot get excited for B4 just because of how awful his source material is, need that Hawk though
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Was really, really hoping for Galaxy (even though I hate them) or Skirmish. I'll be out of town for work Thursday and Friday so will miss out on a lot of shuttle time. Oh well. :/

On the plus side, the 4* and 5* rewards are unlikely to be event crew in the future (unless in a rerun) so missing out won't really be that bad.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was really, really hoping for Galaxy (even though I hate them) or Skirmish. I'll be out of town for work Thursday and Friday so will miss out on a lot of shuttle time. Oh well. :/

On the plus side, the 4* and 5* rewards are unlikely to be event crew in the future (unless in a rerun) so missing out won't really be that bad.

You're probably right about event crew, the 5* might have traits that will match as small bonus crew relatively often though, borg for sure among others
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I said to myself that I would go easy in the next faction event. I placed top 1k throughout the mega and I'm a tad burned out.

I wonder how well I will do without using any time boosts.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    As exciting as the Borg stuff is, having a Doctor Seven (obviously with the cheesecake scene as the artwork) would be a humongous cherry on top when everything goes live.
    Event Crew: Assimilated Hawk 5* (Existing), B-4 4* (New), and Lore 4* (Existing)

Ranked Reward 5*: Five of Twelve (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 01/17.

Event Factions:

Bonus crew:

Just a little thing, but with the whole 5* a week ahead thing, shouldn't the Event 5* be technically "new"? Just little early now, so people can Rank them. Not a big deal. Just a random "I wonder" thing.

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of speculation about a Borg mini-mega...
    If so, DB better listen to the masses...
    7Gzm.gif

A cheesecake character would be quite interesting.

Just the Cheesecake, we don't need the Seven/Doctor part of the equation. The art is just a closeup of the cheesecake. Make it security-primary for the dairy content and the inevitable reaction for the lactose-intolerant people of the universe.
    If DB made it a molecular gastronomy cheesecake it could have science secondary.
    Let’s fly!
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

Event Factions:

Bonus crew:

Just a little thing, but with the whole 5* a week ahead thing, shouldn't the Event 5* be technically "new"? Just little early now, so people can Rank them. Not a big deal. Just a random "I wonder" thing.

I can understand the way it is set up. The 5* event crew drops in people’s crew quarters on Monday (or as early as the previous week, for lucky Dabo winners) while the new event 4* is only available when the event goes live (since I don’t recall seeing event 4* crew being won early from Dabo).

The terminology made a little more sense when even Dabo winners would only have a couple of days’ head start rather than more than a week, so I totally understand where you’re coming from.