Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: A New Lease - 01/10

Comments

• 5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I would have been good with “Pre-reassembly” B-4.

Will B-4 count as a Data?
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • Yateball wrote: »
    Wait, did B-4 actually handle Spot in Nemesis? I don't remember that but I admittedly block a lot of Nemesis out of my mind

Yes, he was petting Spot when he got "mission activated" by Shinzon.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    Wait, did B-4 actually handle Spot in Nemesis? I don't remember that but I admittedly block a lot of Nemesis out of my mind

Ahh right, ty
    Now the question is, is DB actually going to have us have to "build" Spot in B-4's items

Ahh right, ty
    Now the question is, is DB actually going to have us have to "build" Spot in B-4's items

Well we built Lady Beverly’s Cockatoo...
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    B-4 is some combination of DIP/ENG/SCI.

Five of Twelve is some combination of CMD/ENG/SEC, and has the Inspiring and Borg traits.

Ahh right, ty

Well we built Lady Beverly’s Cockatoo...

I don't remember the build and not going to look it up, but that was a holographic character so presumably, that was a holographic cockatoo that we built.
    Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
  • gva2qyr9q2yi.png
    g2qvriet0zge.png
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • wow b4's FF stats are awful.
  • wow b4's FF stats are awful.

At least not as bad as Lore right?

• 10 pulls, only one Hawk. And of course the DYC didn't even pop up for me. Fantastic
  • barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    10 pulls, no Hawk. Naturally, since that was the only card I wanted.
  • robownage wrote: »
    Bought the $25 offer to treat myself. Got three Hawks, two B-4s and no Lores.

As I had already cited Hawk once, that means I was able to immortalize both already. If that's not a win, I'm not sure what is.

Must be nice
  • ApaggApagg ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Five packs, three Hawks, and Away Team Saru (sorry)
  • 5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    wow b4's FF stats are awful.

As best befits the character.

SCI primary? Well, I guess he was sort of a science project. With no other real skills to speak of anyway.
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

SCI primary? Well, I guess he was sort of a science project. With no other real skills to speak of anyway.

Maybe it requires some measure of scientific ability to operate Federation computer systems in the 24th century? It’s not like we see Picard doing much more on computers than writing logs and talking to people... :smile:
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 pulls, first one was Hawk and 2nd was B-4... should have just stopped there but got 2 more B-4's before I said that's enough
  • Can we stop having the new crew on Threshold ? I am sick and tired of trying to place well for a 1/5 only ... it's just not worth the effort ...
  • ApaggApagg ✭✭✭
    Can we stop having the new crew on Threshold ? I am sick and tired of trying to place well for a 1/5 only ... it's just not worth the effort ...

What would you rather have?
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we stop having the new crew on Threshold ? I am sick and tired of trying to place well for a 1/5 only ... it's just not worth the effort ...

On the flip side, if new crew is a ranked reward rather than threshold reward, I think a lot more people will find entire events not worth the effort rather than just gunning for the top 1000. For example, I have Leisure Suit Chakotay languishing at 1/4* and never even got a Malik until after the portal update because they were ranked and it wasn’t worth the extra effort to maintain rank to get them.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apagg wrote: »

The existing Crew, that people have FF apparently..........
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • ApaggApagg ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Apagg wrote: »

The existing Crew, that people have FF apparently..........

Yeah I don't get that. If you can only compete for the existing 5* then by the time you win it, it's no use to you for the event. I much prefer this, I never saw the point of pushing for a top 1000 finish before (unless I really wanted the character anyway) because it would just be a 1/5 that wouldn't help you in an event for a long, long time.

Edit: Oh I see what they mean. They want to be able to compete for the new 4* in ranked rather than get it via threshold.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe it requires some measure of scientific ability to operate Federation computer systems in the 24th century? It’s not like we see Picard doing much more on computers than writing logs and talking to people... :smile:

Don't forget Picard's background in archaeology. Also, in "Tapestry", we saw that had he stayed on his rebellious, reckless course, he'd have ended up a science officer. Not an especially notable one, but one just the same. There's also the vintner background. And he once drew a smiley face in a cloud of smoke and that seems science-y on some level.
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    aww B4 is cute. I'll have to get him.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • The 4/4 ranked vs threshold debate has pros and cons. If the new crew is threshold then you a much wider section of the player base has a)access to event crew during the event AND b) 18k honor away from a FF but then has nothing to reach for besides top 1k
    If the new crew is rank then a)thresholds are mostly useless and b)you get crew right when they are likely to not be of any use for some time BUT you do get a FF crew if you want to just freeze them

There are probably strong cases for both sides and no clear winner. As an honor rich player I feel I fall on the threshold side but I do remember the days when my crew quarters was plagued with 3/4 crew that I couldn't do anything with.
    Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
    Cam Taliis wrote: »
    ggiiezxsv8b9.png

Pretty decent event pack pull.

Good Pull indeed!!!!!!!
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    V. wrote: »
    aww B4 is cute. I'll have to get him.

He's holding a cat. A 🐈!!!!!!!!
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't forget Picard's background in archaeology. Also, in "Tapestry", we saw that had he stayed on his rebellious, reckless course, he'd have ended up a science officer. Not an especially notable one, but one just the same. There's also the vintner background. And he once drew a smiley face in a cloud of smoke and that seems science-y on some level.

mmnsvfg4uw9c.png
    Intentionally Left Blank