Home The Bridge

Support for IamPicard App

Comments

• Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    [S14] Bri wrote: »
    I’d be against using an app like this and I wouldn’t use it. I consider my own cognitive process for selecting voyage crew etc as more than sufficient to succeed. I get that it makes everything easier and whatnot, isn’t that an unfair advantage? Advantage or otherwise, I’ll continue to play using my own judgement.

By this logic, anyone who uses a spreadsheet to help inform Voyage crew decisions or Gauntlet crew selection; timers to stay on top of event shuttles, gauntlet refreshes, and voyage dilemmas; and/or the wiki to identify the missions that have the best drop rates for equipment are also playing with an unfair advantage over those who use none of these aids. Are you prepared to suggest that DB have the wiki taken down and ask people to stop using spreadsheets and timers? If not, why not? If so, how does DB police the usage of timers and spreadsheets?

The wiki is accessible on all devices, be it phones, tablets or computers. Iampicard isn’t. Timers are available to anyone on any device, Iampicard ain’t. Iampicard can automatically choose optimum crew for your voyages and gauntlet, and apparently the time it takes to do so is a fraction of somebody doing it manually, like me. Consider those time savings over the course of a day, month, year.... it creates a definite and uneven advantage to those using the app. I get top 1000 every time, win gauntlet 9 times out of 10 and my voyages are always over 8 hours...

But: In my opinion, and it’s only an opinion: I’d ban it immediately, incorporate some of the best parts of it into the game and let everybody have the same access to these features. It’s only fair.

https://youtu.be/V3y3QoFnqZc

et49ih6fn2a3.jpeg

I use my watch as a timer. And I can assure you that Iampicard is unavailablenon my Casio.
    If you only have your Casio watch, you can’t play the game so it doesn’t matter. If you’re in a place where you can play the game, you have access to the IAP tool.

I use an iPhone X to play. I just tried the app. It synchronized to an account which isn’t mine.

I’ve never fired up the app, only the web interface. And in the web interface, as long as you type in your own login info it should only go to your account. Might be worth a bug report if you’re sure you typed everything in correctly.
  • Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭
    I’d be against using an app like this and I wouldn’t use it. I consider my own cognitive process for selecting voyage crew etc as more than sufficient to succeed. I get that it makes everything easier and whatnot, isn’t that an unfair advantage? Advantage or otherwise, I’ll continue to play using my own judgement.

By this logic, anyone who uses a spreadsheet to help inform Voyage crew decisions or Gauntlet crew selection; timers to stay on top of event shuttles, gauntlet refreshes, and voyage dilemmas; and/or the wiki to identify the missions that have the best drop rates for equipment are also playing with an unfair advantage over those who use none of these aids. Are you prepared to suggest that DB have the wiki taken down and ask people to stop using spreadsheets and timers? If not, why not? If so, how does DB police the usage of timers and spreadsheets?

The wiki is accessible on all devices, be it phones, tablets or computers. Iampicard isn’t. Timers are available to anyone on any device, Iampicard ain’t. Iampicard can automatically choose optimum crew for your voyages and gauntlet, and apparently the time it takes to do so is a fraction of somebody doing it manually, like me. Consider those time savings over the course of a day, month, year.... it creates a definite and uneven advantage to those using the app. I get top 1000 every time, win gauntlet 9 times out of 10 and my voyages are always over 8 hours...

But: In my opinion, and it’s only an opinion: I’d ban it immediately, incorporate some of the best parts of it into the game and let everybody have the same access to these features. It’s only fair.

This is just completely factually wrong. The IAP tool is available anywhere your timers are.

I use my watch as a timer. And I can assure you that Iampicard is unavailable on my Casio.

You play STT on your casio?
  • Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019

I use my watch as a timer. And I can assure you that Iampicard is unavailablenon my Casio.
    If you only have your Casio watch, you can’t play the game so it doesn’t matter. If you’re in a place where you can play the game, you have access to the IAP tool.

I use an iPhone X to play. I just tried the app. It synchronized to an account which isn’t mine.

You have to log into your account you use in STT to get into IAP. It doesn't just log into random accounts.
  • Thorozar wrote: »

You have to log into your account you use in STT to get into IAP. It doesn't just log into random accounts. Nice try troll.

Nice try troll? Really? You can quite clearly see that the ID with 0 dilithium is synchronized to the app, and my account with dilithium, the only account I use is completely different. Try to speak to others with respect. a1uko928n7du.jpeg
    9iofzgao1p2p.png
  • Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭
    Thorozar wrote: »

You have to log into your account you use in STT to get into IAP. It doesn't just log into random accounts. Nice try troll.

Nice try troll? Really? You can quite clearly see that the ID with 0 dilithium is synchronized to the app, and my account with dilithium, the only account I use is completely different. Try to speak to others with respect. a1uko928n7du.jpeg
    9iofzgao1p2p.png

You must physically type in your userid and pw that you use in game to log into IAP. You didn't do it right, it isnt a random account like you claimed.
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, dumb question: I use the pc version that you download and install. How do you use it on an iPhone? Is there another version?
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019

Nice try troll? Really? You can quite clearly see that the ID with 0 dilithium is synchronized to the app, and my account with dilithium, the only account I use is completely different. Try to speak to others with respect.

You must physically type in your userid and pw that you use in game to log into IAP. You didn't do it right, it isnt a random account like you claimed.

It seems highly possible that you may have made an F2P account at some point and accidentally used that login instead of the one you play the game with.

No accusations, who know's what's possible and really happened. A fleetmate can't get it to log into his game either. It's just improbable that you managed to guess somebody else's e-mail and password the first time.
  • Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭

Nice try troll? Really? You can quite clearly see that the ID with 0 dilithium is synchronized to the app, and my account with dilithium, the only account I use is completely different. Try to speak to others with respect.

It seems highly possible that you may have made an F2P account at some point and accidentally used that login instead of the one you play the game with.
    Or just trolling.

No accusations, who know's what's possible and really happened. A fleetmate can't get it to log into his game either. It's just improbable that you managed to guess somebody else's e-mail and password the first time.

Yea he had to have done that. I just know it requires login credentials and either he randomly guessed someone's or used a 2nd account. All he needs to do is log out and use the ones for his active acct.
  • PsionStormPsionStorm ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Ok, dumb question: I use the pc version that you download and install. How do you use it on an iPhone? Is there another version?

Comment moderated. ˜Shan
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I felt curious enough to try the app after seeing this thread, and think it is pretty great after just 5 minutes of use. For the haters who say it is cheating, just try it yourself, there's no cost. It made me want to do gauntlets and voyages again, whereas before they were just pits of despair and tedium I preferred to avoid.

Anybody who says it is a bad thing is somebody who enjoys tedium and wasting time.

Must be nice App for those that can use it. Won't let me log in to even try it.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Must be nice App for those that can use it. Won't let me log in to even try it.

It uses the same email/password you use to log into STT. If you're having trouble in the app, see if you can log in to the game using the same info on a second device perhaps? It might not be a problem with IAP.

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    PsionStorm wrote: »
    Must be nice App for those that can use it. Won't let me log in to even try it.

It uses the same email/password you use to log into STT. If you're having trouble in the app, see if you can log in to the game using the same info on a second device perhaps? It might not be a problem with IAP.

I play through Facebook. Followed the link that is supposed to help you log in that way. Useless. Used both emails for both accountscounts. Nothing..........
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • I play through Facebook. Followed the link that is supposed to help you log in that way. Useless. Used both emails for both accountscounts. Nothing..........

Sorry to hear that. Only other thing I can suggest is submit a bug report on the github page. Maybe the dev can help you out.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody who says it is a bad thing is somebody who enjoys tedium and wasting time.

I say IAmPicard is a good thing, and I am somebody who enjoys Expeditions.
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they ban this App I will use MACRO on purpose in skirmishes and I won't even care about being banned.
  • S31 wrote: »
    If they ban this App I will use MACRO on purpose in skirmishes and I won't even care about being banned.

That’s good that you don’t care, because just saying that might get you banned.
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    S31 wrote: »

So, if they ban the IAmPicard app, you'll punish other players for it? :confused:

If you have a better idea for protesting (if they even ban this app) then please tell me.
    S31 wrote: »

So, if they ban the IAmPicard app, you'll punish other players for it? :confused:

If you have a better idea for protesting (if they even ban this app) then please tell me.

You can always leave. At least you wouldn't be permanently banned.
  • Picture the scene:
    5 mins left in gauntlet. Positions 1 and 2 are holding back to compete late and make a final push for first. Who would have the advantage of completing more battles in a shorter space of time, and therefore winning?

Someone playing on the actual game? Or someone using Iampicard? If the answer is Iampicard, how can that be fair to people using the ACTUAL GAME? If there is no benefit in this instance, then I’d say use the app, it doesn’t matter at all. Voyage guidance won’t affect P2P directly. But if someone can be at a disadvantage using the gauntlet’s most common method for winning, then it’s definitely unfair.
  • DB **tsk tsk**. iampicard makes it worth it. they kill it, spenders die.
    bottom line. if spenders support through the tool, itll stay, otherwise db leaving money on the table
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Picture the scene:
    5 mins left in gauntlet. Positions 1 and 2 are holding back to compete late and make a final push for first. Who would have the advantage of completing more battles in a shorter space of time, and therefore winning?

Someone playing on the actual game? Or someone using Iampicard? If the answer is Iampicard, how can that be fair to people using the ACTUAL GAME? If there is no benefit in this instance, then I’d say use the app, it doesn’t matter at all. Voyage guidance won’t affect P2P directly. But if someone can be at a disadvantage using the gauntlet’s most common method for winning, then it’s definitely unfair.

Nobody would have an advantage because in Gauntlet's final pushes you only have 5-7 chances for a battle and I am Picard doesn't guarantee a win.

Someone using IamPicard in a final push could just knock out his entire Gauntlet platoon with 0 wins.
    Picture the scene:

Nobody would have an advantage because in Gauntlet's final pushes you only have 5-7 chances for a battle and I am Picard doesn't guarantee a win.

Someone using IamPicard in a final push could just knock out his entire Gauntlet platoon with 0 wins.

Many people use dilithium at this point to refresh their crew. It’s a simple question, and I genuinely don’t know the answer because I haven’t used the app due to a bug with my ID I’m looking into.

So which method would be faster in those dying minutes and seconds? The actual game, or Iampicard?
  • New to this whole thing. Is this an app you can use on phones or what?