Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Temporal Trespassers - 01/24

Comments

• Options
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Flay wrote: »
    Speaking of making exceptions for Discovery crew if they're good...you will probably have to make another one because there's a pretty awesome med-eng crew on their way soon!
    How do you know this?
    Flay watches the show?
    Im confused. How does watching the show give you inside info on what cards DB makes and when they’ll release?

It's a very solid educated guess. There was a brand-new character in the season opener who will almost certainly join the game at some point, and their skills in that episode would have an exceptionally good chance to include both MED and ENG, due to what they were able to accomplish. That's all I'll say for now, to avoid spoiling the ep for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.
    fp9ijaepj2ag.jpeg
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of making exceptions for Discovery crew if they're good...you will probably have to make another one because there's a pretty awesome med-eng crew on their way soon!
    How do you know this?
    Flay watches the show?
    Im confused. How does watching the show give you inside info on what cards DB makes and when they’ll release?

It's a very solid educated guess. There was a brand-new character in the season opener who will almost certainly join the game at some point, and their skills in that episode would have an exceptionally good chance to include both MED and ENG, due to what they were able to accomplish. That's all I'll say for now, to avoid spoiling the ep for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.
    fp9ijaepj2ag.jpeg

Mega Recurring is a strong possibility. I gots enough Honour {almost} for that last Star, so hoping I am right.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Hmm looks like Kirk and out for me.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you know this?
    Flay watches the show?

fp9ijaepj2ag.jpeg

Mega Recurring is a strong possibility. I gots enough Honour {almost} for that last Star, so hoping I am right.

Could Definitely use an ENG-CMD-MED character. Is there one of those?
  • Options
    How do you know this?
    Flay watches the show?

fp9ijaepj2ag.jpeg

Yup. Delta Flyer Paris...between traits and his stat spread, he's mad useful for voyages when fused up. But you are correct in implying that CMD/ENG/MED is a really rare combo.
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs
  • Options
    How do you know this?
    Flay watches the show?

fp9ijaepj2ag.jpeg

Yup. Delta Flyer Paris...between traits and his stat spread, he's mad useful for voyages when fused up. But you are correct in implying that CMD/ENG/MED is a really rare combo.

In that specific order, I’m not aware of an ENG/COM/MED. But I may be forgetting someone. In any case, it would be an extremely useful niche combo.
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not an exact match but as close as I could get without watching the episode.

mryffdbyzhd5.jpeg
  • Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blast, I missed out on Braxton - figured I could get a pack to try for him, if it was Kirk then I could just stop the event once I got to the gold item threshold and still wind up with him 4/4 without wasting any... so obviously lots of Jadzias showed up. Did get a Kirk on the third one - which had my hopes up, since schematics were the first thing to pop up, I figured yay, at least there'll be a behold or something... nope, just one extra purple card besides Kirk. And it was Jadzia again.

I mainly wanted Braxton for the unofficial Was On Babylon 5 collection. And the even more exclusive Was On Babylon 5 By Accident collection (if I remember the story, JMS wanted Everett McGill but couldn't remember his name and was just rambling at the casting director to try to jog his memory, and when he said "Bruce McGill?" he thought that was it).
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaitee wrote: »
    Blast, I missed out on Braxton - figured I could get a pack to try for him, if it was Kirk then I could just stop the event once I got to the gold item threshold and still wind up with him 4/4 without wasting any... so obviously lots of Jadzias showed up. Did get a Kirk on the third one - which had my hopes up, since schematics were the first thing to pop up, I figured yay, at least there'll be a behold or something... nope, just one extra purple card besides Kirk. And it was Jadzia again.

I mainly wanted Braxton for the unofficial Was On Babylon 5 collection. And the even more exclusive Was On Babylon 5 By Accident collection (if I remember the story, JMS wanted Everett McGill but couldn't remember his name and was just rambling at the casting director to try to jog his memory, and when he said "Bruce McGill?" he thought that was it).
    Yep that was a funny story. Then JMS was too embarassed to send him away and Bruce did a great job.
    314wj4o8ylxb.jpg
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Kaitee wrote: »

Wonder how different the episode would have been with Stilgar in it!!!!!!!!
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    S31 wrote: »
    About Detmer alright I get that it was a war and that there were better things than to hide her prosthetic eye but come on in peacetime in the 22nd century they would

- give her a wig to cover up a side-bald spot
    - cover up metallic part with make-up

The whole part of it was to shock viewers in episode 3, now in peacetime, they could gradually reduce that season by season until she looks just like in the pilot.

It would be cool if they did a little side story where we find out she got hurt because it was her job to grab Philippa's telescope from her ready room if the Shinzou had to be evacuated, because she had willed it to someone. That detour caused her to get wounded before she went to her lifeboat station.........

EDIT: That could even be worked into why she was so cold to Michael in the Mess Hall.
  • Options
    c6lki81abxod.png

PsionStorm on Discord thought there was something wrong with the community reward totals. I think it has 2 too many zeroes.

It doesn't look like too many zeroes to me, it looks the same to me
    - but definitely not enough COMMAS!
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is L'Rell's stats available? can't seem to find them anywhere also what happened to this events notes can't see it stickied in communications channel
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is L'Rell's stats available? can't seem to find them anywhere also what happened to this events notes can't see it stickied in communications channel

It's the second link in Starfleet Communications (they added Server Notes right after, might be why you didn't notice it): https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/12899/galaxy-event-notes-temporal-trespassers-edit-correction-for-braxton#latest

L'Rell's stats are clearly featured as well :)
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    robownage wrote: »

It's the second link in Starfleet Communications (they added Server Notes right after, might be why you didn't notice it): https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/12899/galaxy-event-notes-temporal-trespassers-edit-correction-for-braxton#latest

L'Rell's stats are clearly featured as well :)

dang there go my eyes again, thanks robownage
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    About Detmer alright I get that it was a war and that there were better things than to hide her prosthetic eye but come on in peacetime in the 22nd century they would

- give her a wig to cover up a side-bald spot
    - cover up metallic part with make-up

The whole part of it was to shock viewers in episode 3, now in peacetime, they could gradually reduce that season by season until she looks just like in the pilot.

She keeps the damage prominently displayed for Burnham to stay in line...
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Options
    They may not be able to fully repair the scars. Remember Pike a decade later...
  • Options

In that specific order, I’m not aware of an ENG/COM/MED. But I may be forgetting someone. In any case, it would be an extremely useful niche combo.

Paris is the only legendary with that combo but not in the order you want.
    There isn't even a 4* with that combo at all.
  • Options
    That's what I did. I'm already done.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    DS9's first season isn't so bad, it's just slow. And that episode with Bajoran farmer on the moon was really good, so underrated.

Actually, DS9 season 1 is pretty awesome.
    Star Trek first season rankings from best to worst: DS9, TOS, ENT, VOY, TNG, TAS, ORV, DIS
  • Options
    wfgwfg ✭✭
    Wow what is happening with this event this week? I started with 2000 more chrons than I did in the last several galaxy events but am way farther behind in the rankings. I thought everyone here hated Discovery characters? :P
  • Options
    Haere LinteseregHaere Lintesereg ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's what I did. I'm already done.

Me too!
  • Options
    wfg wrote: »
    Wow what is happening with this event this week? I started with 2000 more chrons than I did in the last several galaxy events but am way farther behind in the rankings. I thought everyone here hated Discovery characters? :P
    Remember this event is the first with the new reward structure. Free Dilithium and legendary all the way out to 1500 getting more to compete.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Is it just me or have certain items - isolinear rod (A Cleansing Fire) , hyperspanners (Stolen Honour) identification codes (Deadly Disruptions) been much, much more infrequent during the event than they would otherwise be? I've wasted hundreds of chrons just on hyperspanners this weekend
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adam =BSR= wrote: »
    Is it just me or have certain items - isolinear rod (A Cleansing Fire) , hyperspanners (Stolen Honour) identification codes (Deadly Disruptions) been much, much more infrequent during the event than they would otherwise be? I've wasted hundreds of chrons just on hyperspanners this weekend

Those three items always drop at pretty poor rates. As bad as it is usually, I couldn’t say whether it was worse during the event or not.
  • Options
    For really tough to drop items you need to 10x warp them. You will get better results than trying to do it one time then another time then another time.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Even warp 10 sometimes left you with zero of the item, which is just nonsense
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adam =BSR= wrote: »
    Even warp 10 sometimes left you with zero of the item, which is just nonsense

That's the worst. Still happens to me every now and then with 4* casings and 4* databases.
  • Options
    @ 5000Quatloos

interesting analysis !