Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Temporal Trespassers - 01/24

Comments

• Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want Rocket Man Kirk:

rgb3vmorrsvt.gif

Seconded, my friend. One of the great moments in music history right there.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want Rocket Man Kirk:

rgb3vmorrsvt.gif

It's a rare instance of the cover being more brilliant than the original. And I honestly have no idea whether I mean that ironically or sincerely.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want Rocket Man Kirk:

rgb3vmorrsvt.gif

It's a rare instance of the cover being more brilliant than the original. And I honestly have no idea whether I mean that ironically or sincerely.

I would be sincere in such praise. The original is a nice song from a music icon. The Shatnerized version is a truly unique piece of performance art that transcends the original song in a quite entertaining way.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want Rocket Man Kirk:

rgb3vmorrsvt.gif

He did Rudolh this Christmas, with Billy Fracking Gibbons:

https://youtu.be/wF2rjriHphg
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options
    So who reckons Captain Pike will be recurring mega legendary then?

If it is a Disco mega, I'd rather have Number One.
  • Options

Space cowboy Pike Bohannon 5 star
    Minor Bonus for all all cards with Colm Meany's face on them.

Hell on nacelles.
  • Options

Denise Reno
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭

Denise Reno

she also crossed my mind and would a nice alternative, I guess it may depend on how prominent she will be in the next episodes
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options

Denise Reno

she also crossed my mind and would a nice alternative, I guess it may depend on how prominent she will be in the next episodes

It seems "prominent" isn't always the criteria for Recurring. Which makes me think her.
  • Options
    How about a Mirror Burnham? *ducks*

;)
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options

;)

I'm really not gonna totally be surprised if Mirror Burnham and our Lorca show up eventually. After all, it sounded a lot like Lorca did NOT kill Mirror Burnham.
  • Options

Denise Reno

It seems "prominent" isn't always the criteria for Recurring. Which makes me think her.

On the contrary, for the most part recurring crew are not prominent, usually one-off characters that have limited scope and usability outside their megas, to somewhat limit their usefulness since most can get all 4 free copies. Mirror Picard and BR Bashir are exceptions, of course.
  • Options
    RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭

;)

I'd love Mirror Burnham.
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    Detmer Detmer Detmer Detmer Detmer Detmer....
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    Aldude wrote: »
    Detmer Detmer Detmer Detmer Detmer Detmer....

5* Mirror Number One Detmer
    4* Cybernetics Detmer
    3* Binary Stars Detmer
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    About Detmer alright I get that it was a war and that there were better things than to hide her prosthetic eye but come on in peacetime in the 22nd century they would

- give her a wig to cover up a side-bald spot
    - cover up metallic part with make-up

The whole part of it was to shock viewers in episode 3, now in peacetime, they could gradually reduce that season by season until she looks just like in the pilot.
  • Options
    S31 wrote: »
    About Detmer alright I get that it was a war and that there were better things than to hide her prosthetic eye but come on in peacetime in the 22nd century they would

The whole part of it was to shock viewers in episode 3, now in peacetime, they could gradually reduce that season by season until she looks just like in the pilot.

I think the metal looks pretty and the side shave looks cool. If it were me I'd keep it without covering up. Probly more comfortable and less maintenance without a wig.
  • Options

;)

I'm really not gonna totally be surprised if Mirror Burnham and our Lorca show up eventually. After all, it sounded a lot like Lorca did NOT kill Mirror Burnham.
    RennJaxo wrote: »

;)

I'd love Mirror Burnham.

I know me too, just people wouldn’t be happy if she were the mega 5* (I would be happy)
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    TcalTcal ✭✭✭
    Disco's back baby!
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

Why remove that which makes her interesting? How many episodes did tng get out of Geordie using a visor? Why limit your writers? From a character standpoint Detmer got her injury in battle. She lived when many did not. Worf would never get rid of his battle scars, why should Detmer?
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019

Why remove that which makes her interesting? How many episodes did tng get out of Geordie using a visor? Why limit your writers? From a character standpoint Detmer got her injury in battle. She lived when many did not. Worf would never get rid of his battle scars, why should Detmer?

So she is only interesting because of that metallic thing?
    What about Seven of Nine, in several episodes, she was without Borg implant and I believe that she was still equally interesting like before.

Geordi had visor from the birth but he got rid of it eventually.

Worf is a Klingon warrior, Detmer is a Human officer who signed off for exploration in space.

Why Archer didn't keep any of his numerous scars?
    Why O'Brien didn't keep many of his numerous scars?
    Why Picard didn't continue to have his Borg implants?

Because generally, people don't want to be reminded of traumas when looking in the mirror.

Restoring her original look would be also symbolic, the war is over, scars are healing away and we are now exploring the galaxy again.
  • Options
    ApaggApagg ✭✭✭

So she is only interesting because of that metallic thing?
    What about Seven of Nine, in several episodes, she was without Borg implant and I believe that she was still equally interesting like before.

Geordi had visor from the birth but he got rid of it eventually.

Worf is a Klingon warrior, Detmer is a Human officer who signed off for exploration in space.

Why Archer didn't keep any of his numerous scars?
    Why O'Brien didn't keep many of his numerous scars?
    Why Picard didn't continue to have his Borg implants?

Because generally, people don't want to be reminded of traumas when looking in the mirror.

Restoring her original look would be also symbolic, the war is over, scars are healing away and we are now exploring the galaxy again.

Potentially. But then better to have an episode with that as a side plot rather than do it without any explanation. Opportunity to explore PTSD, if the writers wished.
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭

Generally you are correct but there are also people who like to be reminded of their trauma because that is whats makes them alive and motivated. When life gets difficult there is a scar which tells them that it can be much worse.

And sometimes it also gives other people message "Look at my scar! Whatever you throw at me would be nothing."
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    FlayFlay ✭✭✭
    Hehe, I guess people avoiding all Discovery crew do not expect to play this game for very long. We are going to have more and more Discovery events and mega events and the Disco avoiders will just fall further and further behind. How many events are you willing to skip? Dozens? But hey, if you want to make Discovery events easier for the rest of us to get top 1000 because you don't play them, knock yourselves out. More for us. :)

I’m not willing to waste any energy on something I’m not passionate about so I’ll skip anything Discovery related in the game. I have Killy because her ship ability is just invaluable. I couldn’t get through skirmishes without her. But that’s it really. I can hit 8 hours on any voyage now so I’m good with coasting through some events or stepping out of the way for those who might be more passionate about some cards.

Speaking of making exceptions for Discovery crew if they're good...you will probably have to make another one because there's a pretty awesome med-eng crew on their way soon!
    [GER - SF] Star Fleet - recruiting active captains with event participation. Our Starbase is level 134 and we use the Line App (optional) for spam, bragging, jokes, motivation and sharing tactics. German language.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flay wrote: »
    Hehe, I guess people avoiding all Discovery crew do not expect to play this game for very long. We are going to have more and more Discovery events and mega events and the Disco avoiders will just fall further and further behind. How many events are you willing to skip? Dozens? But hey, if you want to make Discovery events easier for the rest of us to get top 1000 because you don't play them, knock yourselves out. More for us. :)

I’m not willing to waste any energy on something I’m not passionate about so I’ll skip anything Discovery related in the game. I have Killy because her ship ability is just invaluable. I couldn’t get through skirmishes without her. But that’s it really. I can hit 8 hours on any voyage now so I’m good with coasting through some events or stepping out of the way for those who might be more passionate about some cards.

Speaking of making exceptions for Discovery crew if they're good...you will probably have to make another one because there's a pretty awesome med-eng crew on their way soon!

She could be an interesting choice for the mega recurring character too.
  • Options
    Hi. I'm looking at my list of characters to FE next. Can someone please clarify if Mirror Ezri Tigan qualifies for a bonus in this week's event. The OP states that all the Daxes will get a small bonus. However, in the wiki (and on DS9), Mirror Ezri never joined with a Trill Symbiont. So, is she still considered a Dax for this event?

Also, can someone clarify that Temporal Prisoner Chakotay does NOT get a bonus for this event? Though he has "Temporal" in his name, I am guessing that he has no bonus because he lacks the "Temporal Agent" trait.

Thanks!