Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Temporal Trespassers - 01/24

Comments

• Options
    She has the Trill Trait, she has counted in the past, so she should count again.
  • Options
    Hi. I'm looking at my list of characters to FE next. Can someone please clarify if Mirror Ezri Tigan qualifies for a bonus in this week's event. The OP states that all the Daxes will get a small bonus. However, in the wiki (and on DS9), Mirror Ezri never joined with a Trill Symbiont. So, is she still considered a Dax for this event?

Also, can someone clarify that Temporal Prisoner Chakotay does NOT get a bonus for this event? Though he has "Temporal" in his name, I am guessing that he has no bonus because he lacks the "Temporal Agent" trait.

Thanks!

Not sure if that's the case but I'm blazing my own seven of nine not-so-mini mega with TA seven this weekend. I would presumably think you are correct for the reason you are stating.
    Account on it's final tour, soon to be retired!
  • Options
    5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Hi. I'm looking at my list of characters to FE next. Can someone please clarify if Mirror Ezri Tigan qualifies for a bonus in this week's event. The OP states that all the Daxes will get a small bonus. However, in the wiki (and on DS9), Mirror Ezri never joined with a Trill Symbiont. So, is she still considered a Dax for this event?

Also, can someone clarify that Temporal Prisoner Chakotay does NOT get a bonus for this event? Though he has "Temporal" in his name, I am guessing that he has no bonus because he lacks the "Temporal Agent" trait.

Thanks!

If it helps, I did some empirical estimation of how bonuses were applied from past Galaxy events, and using that Mirror Ezri would have one of the lowest starting bonuses (before 5% trait bumps) due to her low bases. I wouldn't put effort into bumping her up just for this event. (Actually, looking at her stats, it's hard to see how she'll be very useful in any future event unless she's Featured/3x crew, other than maybe an Expedition, maybe).

Here are some pre-trait-bump estimates for a selection of possible event bonus crew (just the ones I have):

Captain Braxton 2/5 - 84%
    1701 Jadzia Dax 4/4 - 68%
    Rura Penthe Kirk 2/5 - 47%
    Alternate Future Jadzia 2/5 - 45%
    Zhian'tara Odo 2/5 - 45%
    Mirror Jadzia 4/4 - 43%
    Honey Bare Jadzia 1/5 - 41%
    Lt Commander Jadzia 2/5 - 41%
    Princess Jadzia 4/4 - 40%
    K'mtar 4/4 - 40%
    Klingon Bride Jadzia 3/5 - 38%
    Silik 4/4 - 36%
    Mirror Kirk 2/5 - 35%
    Blood Oath Jadzia 4/4 - 35%
    Romulan Kirk 4/4 - 35%
    Platonian Kirk 4/4 - 34%
    Temporal Agent Seven 4/4 - 34%
    Waitress Ezri 4/4 - 33%
    Nexus Kirk 4/4 - 32%
    Mirror Ezri 4/4 - 31%

Temporal Chakotay at 5/5 would be a different story (54%).

Gonna be a tough Galaxy for me if I play ... I hope they're generous with trait bumps!

FWIW, here's what I came up with from reverse engineering the bonuses for a bunch of trial crew in a past Galaxy - this was an empirical fit to the trial data:

x = Primary Base Skill Score
    non-bonus crew, no trait bumps: 15.455 + 0.0045 * x
    low-bonus crew, no trait bumps: 15.455 + 0.0045 * x + (.0271 * x - 3.4074)
    featured crew, no trait bumps: 15.455 + 0.0045 *x + (0.0271 * x - 3.4074) + (0.0638 * x - 21.583)

Use with caution - this was quick and dirty and I don't think I validated it in subsequent Galaxies. Would be interested to know if anyone has figured a better way ...
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • Options
    Decided not to FE Mirror Ezri. I'm looking at some DIS crew to level up next.

You're right that Mirror Ezri's stats are not that great, even when FF/FE. I just got lucky on pulls and have a FF Armed Philippa Georgiou and FF Time Loop Mudd to work on next. Thanks for the input!
  • Options
    5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Decided not to FE Mirror Ezri. I'm looking at some DIS crew to level up next.

You're right that Mirror Ezri's stats are not that great, even when FF/FE. I just got lucky on pulls and have a FF Armed Philippa Georgiou and FF Time Loop Mudd to work on next. Thanks for the input!

Definitely go for Mudd, I would say. I'm getting to where I have a respectable stock of 5* and I still use him pretty often on Voyages. You won't be disappointed with Georgiou either.
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks!

If it helps, I did some empirical estimation of how bonuses were applied from past Galaxy events, and using that Mirror Ezri would have one of the lowest starting bonuses (before 5% trait bumps) due to her low bases. I wouldn't put effort into bumping her up just for this event. (Actually, looking at her stats, it's hard to see how she'll be very useful in any future event unless she's Featured/3x crew, other than maybe an Expedition, maybe).

Here are some pre-trait-bump estimates for a selection of possible event bonus crew (just the ones I have):

Captain Braxton 2/5 - 84%
    1701 Jadzia Dax 4/4 - 68%
    Rura Penthe Kirk 2/5 - 47%
    Alternate Future Jadzia 2/5 - 45%
    Zhian'tara Odo 2/5 - 45%
    Mirror Jadzia 4/4 - 43%
    Honey Bare Jadzia 1/5 - 41%
    Lt Commander Jadzia 2/5 - 41%
    Princess Jadzia 4/4 - 40%
    K'mtar 4/4 - 40%
    Klingon Bride Jadzia 3/5 - 38%
    Silik 4/4 - 36%
    Mirror Kirk 2/5 - 35%
    Blood Oath Jadzia 4/4 - 35%
    Romulan Kirk 4/4 - 35%
    Platonian Kirk 4/4 - 34%
    Temporal Agent Seven 4/4 - 34%
    Waitress Ezri 4/4 - 33%
    Nexus Kirk 4/4 - 32%
    Mirror Ezri 4/4 - 31%

Temporal Chakotay at 5/5 would be a different story (54%).

Gonna be a tough Galaxy for me if I play ... I hope they're generous with trait bumps!

FWIW, here's what I came up with from reverse engineering the bonuses for a bunch of trial crew in a past Galaxy - this was an empirical fit to the trial data:

x = Primary Base Skill Score
    non-bonus crew, no trait bumps: 15.455 + 0.0045 * x
    low-bonus crew, no trait bumps: 15.455 + 0.0045 * x + (.0271 * x - 3.4074)
    featured crew, no trait bumps: 15.455 + 0.0045 *x + (0.0271 * x - 3.4074) + (0.0638 * x - 21.583)

Use with caution - this was quick and dirty and I don't think I validated it in subsequent Galaxies. Would be interested to know if anyone has figured a better way ...

I just looked at raw skills and came up with the following best choices for my bonus crew (all immortal unless otherwise stated):

COM: Mirror Kirk, 2/5* Gangster Kirk
    DIP: 2/5* Admiral Kirk, 3/5* LtC Jadzia Dax
    ENG: 1701 Jadzia, 3/5* Honey Bare
    SEC: Mirror Jadzia, Mirror Kirk
    SCI: 1701 Jadzia, 3/5* Honey Bare
    MED: no bonus crew (so, Warship EMA, I guess)

It’s a little more challenging for AND slots but I don’t feel the need to unthaw any more Kirks to fill in any gaps. I did keep Temporal Agent Seven unthawed in case trait bonuses make her SEC/ENG combo better than 1701 Jadzia or Mirror Jadzia.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks!

Neither SHOULD get the Bonus. Mirror Ezri {as said} was never a Dax. And Chakotay was a prisoner, not an Agent.........
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    She has the Trill Trait, she has counted in the past, so she should count again.

It doesn't say "Trill Trait". It says "Dax {all the Daxes}". She NEVER was a Dax.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still need to do my calcs but my bonus crew isn't looking too shabby again MED seems to be the weak spot
    tqmbvxnouw6y.png

Don't see much point working on Waitress Ezri and Nexus Kirk, and will most likely keep Silik and Mirror Ezri in the Freezer, shame I was hoping to use Silik for something.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options

It doesn't say "Trill Trait". It says "Dax {all the Daxes}". She NEVER was a Dax.

The salient point is
    ...she has counted in the past...
    Of all the Jadzias and Ezris in the game, she's the only variant who was not joined to the Dax symbiont, but for simplicity DB have always counted her as a Dax bonus crew
  • Options

The salient point is
    ...she has counted in the past...
    Of all the Jadzias and Ezris in the game, she's the only variant who was not joined to the Dax symbiont, but for simplicity DB have always counted her as a Dax bonus crew

Their rules. I guess we will know in two days.

Everyone have a nice day.
  • Options
    The Trill Trait is normally what they actually use. Because there is one Odo they also count as a dax.
  • Options
    Flay wrote: »
    Hehe, I guess people avoiding all Discovery crew do not expect to play this game for very long. We are going to have more and more Discovery events and mega events and the Disco avoiders will just fall further and further behind. How many events are you willing to skip? Dozens? But hey, if you want to make Discovery events easier for the rest of us to get top 1000 because you don't play them, knock yourselves out. More for us. :)

I’m not willing to waste any energy on something I’m not passionate about so I’ll skip anything Discovery related in the game. I have Killy because her ship ability is just invaluable. I couldn’t get through skirmishes without her. But that’s it really. I can hit 8 hours on any voyage now so I’m good with coasting through some events or stepping out of the way for those who might be more passionate about some cards.

Speaking of making exceptions for Discovery crew if they're good...you will probably have to make another one because there's a pretty awesome med-eng crew on their way soon!

How do you know this?
  • Options
    There was a very obvious Discovery Eng-Med powerhouse crew option in Season 2 Episode 1.
  • Options
    There was a very obvious Discovery Eng-Med powerhouse crew option in Season 2 Episode 1.

I had to look it up!!!!! My Mega Recurring prediction is also Med?!?!?
  • Options
    I was also wondering if Waitress Ezri was bonus crew, but perhaps it's just a matter of searching your crew on the name.

When you search your crew list, Waitress Ezri and Princess Jadzia don't come up under "Dax", but Desert Ezri does. All 3 come up for "Trill" and had the Dax Symbiote. And Zhian'tara Odo lists "Trill" as a trait (though I don't have him yet).
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    MRNelson wrote: »
    I was also wondering if Waitress Ezri was bonus crew, but perhaps it's just a matter of searching your crew on the name.

When you search your crew list, Waitress Ezri and Princess Jadzia don't come up under "Dax", but Desert Ezri does. All 3 come up for "Trill" and had the Dax Symbiote. And Zhian'tara Odo lists "Trill" as a trait (though I don't have him yet).

That’s a great tip! I am ashamed to admit I hadn’t thought of that...here I was, searching separately for Honey Bare (and completely forgetting Princess Jadzia), then switching back to “Dax,” and so on.
  • Options
    My mistake - I meant to say "Desert Ezri Dax" - it's all in the name
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    u5tk9eqi1mx8.jpeg

"City on the Edge of Forever" it is! He looks great.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    u5tk9eqi1mx8.jpeg
    GET THEM BRAXTON!
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    [ISA] Big McLargeHuge[ISA] Big McLargeHuge ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    robownage wrote: »
    u5tk9eqi1mx8.jpeg

It's Kirk from Assignment Earth as far as I can tell, not City.

You are totally right.

cosplay.png
  • Options
    u5tk9eqi1mx8.jpeg

So, the pilot episode of the spin-off that didn't...........
  • Options
    PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭
    Flasher Kirk looks pretty good.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    The less cropped version...

tu9tdmm6fzni.jpg
  • Options
    RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    u5tk9eqi1mx8.jpeg

Oh, I retract my earlier statement regarding card rarity then. Carry on, all.