Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Temporal Trespassers - 01/24

Comments

• Options
    Flay wrote: »
    Hehe, I guess people avoiding all Discovery crew do not expect to play this game for very long. We are going to have more and more Discovery events and mega events and the Disco avoiders will just fall further and further behind. How many events are you willing to skip? Dozens? But hey, if you want to make Discovery events easier for the rest of us to get top 1000 because you don't play them, knock yourselves out. More for us. :)

I’m not willing to waste any energy on something I’m not passionate about so I’ll skip anything Discovery related in the game. I have Killy because her ship ability is just invaluable. I couldn’t get through skirmishes without her. But that’s it really. I can hit 8 hours on any voyage now so I’m good with coasting through some events or stepping out of the way for those who might be more passionate about some cards.

Speaking of making exceptions for Discovery crew if they're good...you will probably have to make another one because there's a pretty awesome med-eng crew on their way soon!

How do you know this?

Flay watches the show?

Im confused. How does watching the show give you inside info on what cards DB makes and when they’ll release?
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flay wrote: »
    Hehe, I guess people avoiding all Discovery crew do not expect to play this game for very long. We are going to have more and more Discovery events and mega events and the Disco avoiders will just fall further and further behind. How many events are you willing to skip? Dozens? But hey, if you want to make Discovery events easier for the rest of us to get top 1000 because you don't play them, knock yourselves out. More for us. :)

I’m not willing to waste any energy on something I’m not passionate about so I’ll skip anything Discovery related in the game. I have Killy because her ship ability is just invaluable. I couldn’t get through skirmishes without her. But that’s it really. I can hit 8 hours on any voyage now so I’m good with coasting through some events or stepping out of the way for those who might be more passionate about some cards.

Speaking of making exceptions for Discovery crew if they're good...you will probably have to make another one because there's a pretty awesome med-eng crew on their way soon!

How do you know this?

Flay watches the show?

Im confused. How does watching the show give you inside info on what cards DB makes and when they’ll release?

Well, most likely people on the show will be inspiring the Season Two Launch Mega-Event. Which starts next week. It's logical. It's also logical that at least a few of those Crew will be new Season Two characters. I'm gonna be surprised if the character in question is not the Mega Recurring. Not inside info from DB. Just my integration of the data on hand.

She was actually in the trailers about as long as Pike, and much longer than Rebecca Romaine-Lettuce's Number One.

I think the person you quoted also has no inside information, but also integrated the observed data to express an opinion on what he/she thinks is likely.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options
    Yes - Kirk never wore a trenchcoat in "city on the edge of forever". It's clearly the Gary Seven episode.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    We sooo need Terri Garr / Roberta Lincoln now!

And Isis...
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019

And Isis...

She's already in the game. Nice kitty...
    321px-Gary_Seven_Card.png

...oh, I suppose you meant the human version. ;)

o8b23f2f129t.jpg

I find it interesting that Memory Alpha says she was played by an "unknown actress" — while several other sites (including IMDb) claim that Victoria Vetri played that role... yet Vetri herself strongly denies it, saying she was never on Star Trek and even has a different eye color than the woman in question. So the fact that, somehow (!), nobody seems to know who played her, might make it impossible for her to appear in STT. At least cats don't need to sign waivers for using their likenesses.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Data1001 wrote: »

And Isis...

She's already in the game. Nice kitty...
    321px-Gary_Seven_Card.png

...oh, I suppose you meant the human version. ;)

o8b23f2f129t.jpg

I find it interesting that Memory Alpha says she was played by an "unknown actress" — while several other sites (including IMDb) claim that Victoria Vetri played that role... yet Vetri herself strongly denies it, saying she was never on Star Trek and even has a different eye color than the woman in question. So the fact that, somehow (!), nobody seems to know who played her, might make it impossible for her to appear in STT. At least cats don't need to sign waivers for using their likenesses.

Wow. Never knew about the mystery of the episode. Nor that she shot her husband. The comments on the article about the shooting, one of the posters is positive she was not in that episode. Apparently she never mentioned it when she was in Playboy. And her eyes were the wrong color. The poster still has that issue, apparently.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Waitress Ezri has me in a bit of a quandary, a *5 bonus would put her MED skill between Cornwell and Bashir at 1/4 FE. However if traits match would that also increase the success % chance - how is it actually calculated?
    Of course if the Med and Dip feature as a build then Waitress Ezri might well be useful even at 1/4.

So do you think she is she worth levelling, on the plus side I do already have her at Level 80?

And actually on further thinking I do have Sniper Ezri Dax immortalised this might be the rare occurrence that a blue is actually useful for an event.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Kaitee wrote: »
    RennJaxo wrote: »
    But I think that outfit is the very antithesis of "incognito."
    I may be remembering this wrong, but I think I heard somewhere that sometime early in production of the film they sent a bunch of extras out to wander around San Francisco in the costumes, just to see if it'd be slightly believable that people wearing those wouldn't draw crowds, and nobody even gave them a second glance.

Well, "San Francisco". People probably would have paid no notice to Starfleet uniforms. Hollywood is in that state, after all.

Yeah, down in LA where the events of 'futures end' take place, and tuvok reminded us in pt1 that you could have worn the voyager uniform and still not be noticed!
    Account on it's final tour, soon to be retired!
  • Options
    So the event after next week is Discovery related. Well I guess I'm taking a break next week then. Don't need to worry about trying to get a new Disco card

You should reconsider. She will probably be event crew for the first week of Discovery Mega Event!!!!!!!!! Get on board, Disco is great!
    03uuqdmvmvk5.gif

Hopefully a Discovery mega event will follow the mega event pattern and guarantee us a month with no new Discovery based cards.
  • Options
    5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wundigore wrote: »
    Hopefully a Discovery mega event will follow the mega event pattern and guarantee us a month with no new Discovery based cards.

Crankypants :smile:
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    L'Rell looks fantastic as well.
  • Options
    RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, they really knocked it out of the park this week, art-wise.
  • Options
    "Captain Braxton (New) 5*
    Fully Fused Fully Equipped Level 100 Skills: CMD 1262 (159-433), ENG 399 (143-311), SEC 1018 (115-236)
    Traits: Borg, Inspiring, Desperate, Saboteur, Crafty, Undercover Operative"

I think those might be Five of Twelve's stats.
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »

I agree. I'm looking forward to adding her. She also has pretty decent dip.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    c6lki81abxod.png

PsionStorm on Discord thought there was something wrong with the community reward totals. I think it has 2 too many zeroes.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    c6lki81abxod.png

PsionStorm on Discord thought there was something wrong with the community reward totals. I think it has 2 too many zeroes.

Oops, looking at it I thought there were extra zeros too!
  • Options
    c6lki81abxod.png

That is normal.

Same as always. Don't worry. It usually takes under six hours to complete.
  • Options
    Yateball wrote: »
    Kirk's art looks great IMO
    robownage wrote: »

All y'all are right. L'Real looks AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    c6lki81abxod.png

That is normal.

Thanks, it was hard to read without the commas.
  • Options
    c6lki81abxod.png

That is normal.

Thanks, it was hard to read without the commas.

Tell me about it. Trying to "cover" three at a time to make sure, the touchscreen kept thinking I was clicking the image. Commas would be nice addition.

@Shan @SunshineRiker

• Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Shan wrote: »
    "Captain Braxton (New) 5*
    Fully Fused Fully Equipped Level 100 Skills: CMD 1262 (159-433), ENG 399 (143-311), SEC 1018 (115-236)
    Traits: Borg, Inspiring, Desperate, Saboteur, Crafty, Undercover Operative"

I think those might be Five of Twelve's stats.

Corrected!
    Those stats are driving me banana!

An urgent distress call from Captain Kirk alerts you to the escape of Chancellor L'Rell with a band of allies from a newly formed maximum security penal colony for temporal offenders and trans-dimensional beings located on one of the moons of Alpha III. Kirk is in hot pursuit of the temporal menace, but Braxton’s escape isn’t the only problem...

L'Rell escapes with Braxton?
  • Options

+1 to that. DB take an gong for art.
    “Holodeck 2 tomorrow, 1600 hours. Just you, me and a tuning fork”
  • Options
    So the event after next week is Discovery related. Well I guess I'm taking a break next week then. Don't need to worry about trying to get a new Disco card

You should reconsider. She will probably be event crew for the first week of Discovery Mega Event!!!!!!!!! Get on board, Disco is great!
    03uuqdmvmvk5.gif

I’m sure she will. Discovery is a terrible show so I couldn’t care less about a Discovery themed Mega event.

Well you are missing out. It is fun and new with lots of action, humor and amazing special effects. You may change your mind about Discovery down the road and then regret not getting the Discovery crew.

Yeah, tons of action, "humor," and special effects! The core of Star Trek!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=jBwT9JFAXFE&list=PL34C1F26D03F5F9B8&index=179&t=0s

You only need to watch through 2:20 to get to the point.
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs
  • Options

03uuqdmvmvk5.gif

I’m sure she will. Discovery is a terrible show so I couldn’t care less about a Discovery themed Mega event.

Well you are missing out. It is fun and new with lots of action, humor and amazing special effects. You may change your mind about Discovery down the road and then regret not getting the Discovery crew.

{VIDEO LINK WITH F-BOMBS REDACTED}

only need to watch through 2:20 to get to the point.

Went way past 2:20. NO mention of Discovery. Also, not sure that link is acceptable under the Forum TOS.
  • Options

03uuqdmvmvk5.gif

{VIDEO LINK WITH F-BOMBS REDACTED}

only need to watch through 2:20 to get to the point.

Went way past 2:20. NO mention of Discovery. Also, not sure that link is acceptable under the Forum TOS.

It's a metaphor... (obviously?)

And if there's a Star Trek fan out there who isn't familiar with RLM, they've been deprived.
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs