Home The Bridge

Gauntlet Changes

Ref: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/13002/v7-0-10-release-notes-and-gauntlet-changes#latest

As someone that has NEVER pulled a Gauntlet legendary, I am very excited about the possibilities here. The big question is: how big is this "significant" odds increase?

Comments

• WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the changes, though now I'm a little irked that I spent so much honor on Locutus and The Caretaker, including a 4th citation for the latter just yesterday!
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the idea of the changes, curious to see how that will actually translate in reality.

I particularly like them saying that best chance will come from the boxes at the end, giving added motivation to actually play.
  • What is strange for the Gauntlet is that the start times "change" depending on when you enter a Gauntlet.

This means it is possible to have a Gauntlet run as short as 25-hours or as long as 48-hours depending on when you enter.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm very excited about this. I've played gauntlet actively since the first day it was introduced to the game, but I never won a copy of Locutus, only got 3 stars on Guinan, 2 on Caretaker, and none yet for Armus. So this is great.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    Do you think "increased odds" is a good thing then? I interpreted "increased" as "higher", i.e. higher odds = less chance...?
  • I'm surprised no one has picked up the fact that DB will now only allow us to use an Ad-Warp on cadet missions every 4 hours.

4 hours * 6 tickets = 24 hours :(
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    I like the changes, though now I'm a little irked that I spent so much honor on Locutus and The Caretaker, including a 4th citation for the latter just yesterday!

I am in a similar situation. I hope they do an honor refund like they did with the Voyage-only crew.
    Farewell 🖖
  • sagima wrote: »
    I'm surprised no one has picked up the fact that DB will now only allow us to use an Ad-Warp on cadet missions every 4 hours.

4 hours * 6 tickets = 24 hours :(

I thought that was in place of a ticket not in place of a x2

Hmm, good point. I guess it could be either way, or both.
  • I like the change too, but since I live in Europe this part feels disappointing: "The best chances to receive Gauntlet crew can be found in the Gauntlet loot boxes that come from ranking amongst the top Gauntlet players". As long as the ending time won't take time zones into account, I will never be among the top players :(
    Well, anyway, the rest of it is good :)

Im in the uk and am usually in the top ten (managed 2nd once) and I stop playing a couple of hours before the end

• IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't this dilute the chance of getting Armus though?

I've cited Bartender Guinan and Caretaker, of course I would be delighted to unlock Locutus and perhaps getting second copies of Guinan or Caretaker wouldn't be disastrous but still not sure if this is the right way forward as these characters are less likely to be "exclusive" and more walls of these characters will appear instead.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    Selene 7 wrote: »
    Do you think "increased odds" is a good thing then? I interpreted "increased" as "higher", i.e. higher odds = less chance...?

I believe they say "increased" they mean "better" not "higher"

But if there is a 0.01% chance and they change it to 0.05% that is significantly increased (5 times the odds) but still horrible odds. :p

This is good news though.

I'm probably being too literal and you're right. :-) I'd have loved some actual numbers though!
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Webberoni wrote: »

I am in a similar situation. I hope they do an honor refund like they did with the Voyage-only crew.

Why? It was ur call alone and since then u took advantage of using the 5/5 gaunt exclusive crew f.e. on voyages. Not sure why u want a refund. Makes zero sense.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
    I never cited Guinan (4/5) or Caretaker (4/5) because I knew they would become available again eventually.

jsosskiwnbsk.gif

I'll just take advantage of the cryo bonuses in the meantime ;)
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

This does not dilute the chance of getting Armus/the current Gauntlet exclusive crew. Your chances of getting him have been increased. The chance to get old gauntlet crew is part of a whole separate loot table with its own unique chance.

So the old chance to get Armus was X, and now it's X+Y. In addition, there's also a separate chance (an additional X+Y) to get old gauntlet exclusive crew. The only thing that's been "diluted" or lowered, so to speak, is the chance to get the regular rewards.

Very, very, very much okay with this.

This does not dilute the chance of getting Armus/the current Gauntlet exclusive crew. Your chances of getting him have been increased. The chance to get old gauntlet crew is part of a whole separate loot table with its own unique chance.

So the old chance to get Armus was X, and now it's X+Y. In addition, there's also a separate chance (an additional X+Y) to get old gauntlet exclusive crew. The only thing that's been "diluted" or lowered, so to speak, is the chance to get the regular rewards.

Thanks for clarifying
  • [GoT] LuckyNumberHat[GoT] LuckyNumberHat ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    The only thing that's been "diluted" or lowered, so to speak, is the chance to get the regular rewards.

You mean that you've lowered the chance of us getting trainers? That's horrible :p
    What!?

========E

How else will I level all of my already FE crew!?
  • NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    The only thing that's been "diluted" or lowered, so to speak, is the chance to get the regular rewards.

You mean that you've lowered the chance of us getting trainers? That's horrible :p
    What!?

========E

How else will I level all of my already FE crew!?

Sweet sweet "replicator fuel"

hreobmhnk4ot.png
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019

Do you have any insights that you can share with regards to players who spent significant amounts of honor to add citations/stars to the gauntlet-specific crew?

Will a similar approach be taken as it was when voyage-specific crew became attainable multiple times, when honor was refunded, while the citations/stars remained?
  • What is strange for the Gauntlet is that the start times "change" depending on when you enter a Gauntlet.

This means it is possible to have a Gauntlet run as short as 25-hours or as long as 48-hours depending on when you enter.

I actually like that. It gets so boring going the full 48, I chose 25 deliberately so I don't have to sit an entire day out such behind a wall of _________super man______
  • sagima wrote: »
    I like the change too, but since I live in Europe this part feels disappointing: "The best chances to receive Gauntlet crew can be found in the Gauntlet loot boxes that come from ranking amongst the top Gauntlet players". As long as the ending time won't take time zones into account, I will never be among the top players :(
    Well, anyway, the rest of it is good :)

Im in the uk and am usually in the top ten (managed 2nd once) and I stop playing a couple of hours before the end

I've made top 10 too, but I've never reached top 5.
    But apart from the fact that it's technically possible (and that you could still stay up until 1 or 2 am just for an occasional gauntlet win) it's still a disadvantage. If it ended at 10 or 11pm, as a dedicated player, you would probably reach rank 1 whenever you want to.
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I got my first coy of Armus the second day he was available. I have placed consistently in the top 3 since, and have not received another copy since.

I am kind of regretting airlocking my 6&7 copies of Caretaker now...

I am very much looking forward to this change!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...