Home The Bridge

Gauntlet Changes

Comments

• Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first end of gauntlet boxes (3rd place, 5 Max level loot boxes) yielded an unusual amount of 4* components (interlinks and less useful ones, no polys or casings) but blessedly not a single blue trainer. Sadly, not a single 5* crew either. However the reports rolling in seem quite optimistic for the increased drop chance, so I look forward to what the next few weeks bring.
  • HOWEVER: Any Fleet interested in going head to head is invited to contact me in game and we'll set up a time and day.
    Yeah...I don't think so. PM me and let' get it on >:):p

Those decisions are above my paygrade... I'm just a Roga Danar-type mercenary soldier who does what he's told (most of the time) ;). Fleet Admiral can arrange all of that... [GoT] Gabe is his name.

Accepted.

The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from Itself
    Fleet Admiral

For more info on us, check our wiki page:
    https://sttwiki.org/wiki/Fleet_Guardians_of_Tomorrow

GoT Bot server: https://discord.gg/R8QzpjW
    All are welcome to join and use the Bot.
  • {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    [GoT] Gabe wrote: »
    HOWEVER: Any Fleet interested in going head to head is invited to contact me in game and we'll set up a time and day.
    Yeah...I don't think so. PM me and let' get it on >:):p

Those decisions are above my paygrade... I'm just a Roga Danar-type mercenary soldier who does what he's told (most of the time) ;). Fleet Admiral can arrange all of that... [GoT] Gabe is his name.

Accepted.

Awesome. We're looking forward to it. Good luck!
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whelp, my subjective experience is blue trainers have been greatly increased. That's all.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Torias327 wrote: »
    My first end of gauntlet boxes (3rd place, 5 Max level loot boxes) yielded an unusual amount of 4* components (interlinks and less useful ones, no polys or casings) but blessedly not a single blue trainer. Sadly, not a single 5* crew either. However the reports rolling in seem quite optimistic for the increased drop chance, so I look forward to what the next few weeks bring.

The top 10 never had trainers. It was the one benefit of the top 10 before the update.

Also, I got a Guinan with the end of mine tonight (finished 8th). So they're definitely dropping.
  • [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    Two days ago I got my first Armus as part of a three box gauntlet end. The next day I got my first Caretaker after a three win streak. Before then it was months before I had anything drop. Could be months for another to drop again but I was happy to get the two news ones.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
    I aimed for 11th due to a missing a round or two (finished at 12th), and of the 7 boxes for the range, 3 had trainers and no crew again. I should have known about the Top10 not having trainers, but thanks for sharing that, learned something new today.
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since they announced this, I've gotten one more Armus (immortalized him!) but I haven't seen anyone else. I've been going for streaks again too, so I'm actively trying to get better loot. Please let me know if anyone else has been lucky.

It was tough getting the 15 win reward and seeing 9 blue trainers.
  • WHAT CHANGES I'VE YET TO SEE ANY CHANGE WHATSOEVER, oh my bad was I yelling. So as I was saying no change seen since the announcement and update.
  • AMDGAMDG ✭✭✭
    Got the second Caretaker.
    edited February 2019
    I’m sort of in awe that the “trait shake up” has included “Borg” in all 4 of my gauntlets since the announcement there would be a trait shake up. Way to help more crew feel relevant, as long as they are named La Forge, Locutus and Seven.

Oh, and also zero crew drops so far, but I have returned to playing gauntlet pretty hard so I’m trying to stay optimisitic about that.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Torias327 wrote: »
    I’m sort of in awe that the “trait shake up” has included “Borg” in all 4 of my gauntlets since the announcement there would be a trait shake up. Way to help more crew feel relevant, as long as they are named La Forge, Locutus and Seven.

Oh, and also zero crew drops so far, but I have returned to playing gauntlet pretty hard so I’m trying to stay optimisitic about that.

Odd, for me it has been Klingon four straight times! REALLY getting sick of seeing Khaless at 65%.
    I'm kinda worried that the people who were getting 10 of each gauntlet crew before are going to get 20 now and those who were getting 0 are going to continue to get 0. DBNG tends to work like that. I hope that isn't the case. I was mad as hell that I never got a Guinan in all the time she was in the gauntlet first time around.

I think this seems to be happening already. There are several threads going where people are already discussing what to do with their extra Gauntlet 5* crew. Honestly, it makes me ill, I almost wish those people had a private forum to talk about that stuff.
    9/10 rounds so far in my current gauntlet, including 4 refreshes to change skills, have had medical. 1/10 have had engineering, the prescribed trait. I know Peachtree and others have done some extensive testing and logging around this point and individual confirmation bias, but seriously? I agonized over crew balance for this one, and ultimately chose to swap Guinan with Braxton. I chose poorly it seems, and worse, I knew better.
  • 5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, I've kept lots of mini-runs going in day 1's and consistently placed in top 10 or top 25 in day 2's, and no golden shower of legendaries for me yet. But my expectations were set low so I don't find this surprising or disturbing. I am a bit surprised that drop reports are so common here... if we're seeing that much change just by doubling the drop rate from [tiny] to [2*tiny], it really must have been right on the hairy edge of success vs misery beforehand.

I'm in the Year of the Borg gauntlet series as well. If I didn't have a shiny new Away Team Number One to throw at them, I'd be a bit grumpier :smiley:
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whelp, my subjective experience is blue trainers have been greatly increased. That's all.

Me too! They're worse than ever actually
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • All that the change has done for me is that i face Caretaker walls even more than before.

Wins streaks of 39 (39 gave me 40 chrons (yeah!)) and more - no gauntlet crew.
    Placing 10 - 20th regularly - no gauntlet crew
    Placing 1 - 10th from time to time - no gauntlet crew

RNG is great!

Thanks for the blue trainer by the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I'm waiting to see how improved the odds are for everyone, in the meanwhile I'm still using it to farm merits (I need the extra honor from merit pulls to hopefully unlock Lucille Davenport in a couple of weeks).
    One player in my fleet who still puts some effort into the gauntlet actually got a legendary out of it a couple of days ago. But I find the merit-farming playstyle a lot more enjoyable than the competitive one, so unless there will be more reports of legendary drops, I think I will stick with it.
  • I got Guinan on first day she was available in gauntlet originally and thought "easy game" :wink: Then no gauntlet legendaries for months, took a break for a bit and have been back 6 months with still no guantlet legendaries. This morning got an Armus on my first 3 win streak of the day...

• I need to apologize der lord RNG...

Just got Armus!!!
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meet the new boss,
    Same as the old boss.

vgkukmywln9m.png
  • I got a Caretaker the day of the announcement, finished 1st-3rd consistently since, and no more golds. Top loot boxes seem unremarkable as always. Best thing won in last few gauntlets was a 4* power cell, otherwise just 2/3* garbage and chrons, and once a 5x single basic pulls – which seem nerfed from what they were dropping.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I said in the original post, I’ve never won a gold since the inception of the Gauntlet.

After finishing 15th tonight, I opened my first six boxes to find 5 boxes of blue trainers and 40 chrons. Then, with the last box:

osrmdxylqlcq.png

I think I may actually cry.

Congrats dude. That's awesome. It's nice to see someone get their first.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    After getting Armus from a three win streak yesterday I didnt hold much hope for today's 5th placed finish. What should drop but a second Armus and a Guinan (my 7th).

Pretty pleased with these new changes,
    DB: Do Better
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I just placed 8th last night and received a second Guinan, previously I cited her up from 1/5, in theory it should fill me with joy to start a second copy but instead I find myself saying;
    That should have been an Armus.
    .... or that could have been a Locutus.
    .... will I get another Guinan again.

As there are now 4 possible legendaries to get from rewards I think my initial fears/concerns of watering down the chances of getting Armus are justified.

[was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO

• Guardians of Tomorrow and Devil Dogs had the expected Fleet vs Fleet Competition. Do to the timing it broke across two gauntlets. Here are the results.
    89clace0mwh3.png
    tlnzj3fopucr.png
    1sazo0tfl23x.jpg
    k4312q3ybjkc.jpg

Due to some poor communication on our part, we exceeded the bounds of good form. Thus we withdrew allowing those of our fleet who wished to continue on but the mass fleet effort was halted. This comes at no small cost to us in the terms of merits, rewards. Time and points towards achievements but is a price most of us were willing to pay to set this right.

That having been said, there is little doubt that {GoT] had the definite upper hand at the time of our forfeit.

"Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig" Lazarus Long, Time Enough for Love, R.A. Heinlein
    Bylo, I got your Klingon/Desperate/Duelist gauntlet over on my other rotation. Expect Brutal Borgs in 22 hours over on your rotation ;)
  • I won today's Gauntlet by the other guy having an unfortunate accident. I was in second place for last 10 minutes, then suddenly the top guy lost 50 trophies, placing me in first. >:) Lol

Rewards: 3* power cell, 3* module, 20 chrons, 40 chrons, 40 chrons, 80 chrons, 3* data module.

I guess placing lower gains better loot?
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
    I’ve noticed a huge increase of chronitons from end and streak boxes, and your post makes me wonder of the drop rate on chrons may have been slightly tweaked as well. I just thought I was getting lucky.