Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Shall I Compare Thee? - 02/14 (Mega-Event Part 3)

Comments

• Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really hyped for Mount's Pike and I'll definitely compete for him.

Not sure how much motivation I will have for the Hybrid though. I'm low on 3* time boosts and two straight weeks of galaxy grinding is very undesirable.
  • Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    I have a feeling that 1500 is going to a bloodbath next Monday lol

I plan on taking a vacation between 9:00 am and 12:05 pm event time and spare myself the horror of seeing score changes. I will be content with my 10052 ranking and stay out of the way of those going all in.
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any thoughts on what Zimmerman's skills will be? Engineering/Science/Medicine maybe?
  • Saving Pike for a galaxy event ... Di*k move Db....
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proont wrote: »
    Any thoughts on what Zimmerman's skills will be? Engineering/Science/Medicine maybe?

He has to have Engineering as he pioneered holo technology. He has to have Medicine has he programmed the Emergency Medical Holograms. Zimmerman does not command anyone. He is very rude and so isnt diplomatic. None of his holograms do security and he is not tough so no security. I would say Eng/Med only or Eng/Med/Sci.
    Let’s fly!
  • Proont wrote: »

He has to have Engineering as he pioneered holo technology. He has to have Medicine has he programmed the Emergency Medical Holograms. Zimmerman does not command anyone. He is very rude and so isnt diplomatic. None of his holograms do security and he is not tough so no security. I would say Eng/Med only or Eng/Med/Sci.

Most of his created holograms do mining. So science and engineering for sure
  • Yes for Zimmerman!

And final star for Captain Q with the community threshold.
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    Saving Pike for a galaxy event ... Di*k move Db....

So if he was the reward in a a faction event someone would complain they saved him for a faction to sell boosts, a skirmish and others would complain it takes too much time invested to get him.

When exactly is DB supposed to use a crew people want as a reward?

He wanted him in the mail lol.
  • So, to complete the collection all we need is Wheelchair Pike now.

3*?

Off-Duty Pike relaxing in his cabin drinking "medicine" with the original Doc could be 2*

Absolutely!!!!
  • Extremely excited about Zimmerman!!

Good call DB!

Disappointed that ST:TOS Pike isn't getting any love. I was REALLY hoping for more original characters in this event, but sadly ir appears that its not going to happen.

When we had the ST:E event, I don't recall that we had so many exclusive crew, but that just may be my failing memory, and I'm not arsed to go look it up.

Triple hoorah for Zimmerman tho!
    :smiley:
    edited February 2019
    Woghd wrote: »
    Extremely excited about Zimmerman!!

Good call DB!

Disappointed that ST:TOS Pike isn't getting any love. I was REALLY hoping for more original characters in this event, but sadly ir appears that its not going to happen.

When we had the ST:E event, I don't recall that we had so many exclusive crew, but that just may be my failing memory, and I'm not arsed to go look it up.

Triple hoorah for Zimmerman tho!
    :smiley:

qdatbogfx60z.png
    We have original Pike in game already. He has a cool shield and mace like he did in the Cage. Good episode, I watched it yesterday. He was in an event in August of 2017. Now we will have new Pike to go with him.
    vbbw761x9nkq.jpg
    Let’s fly!
  • Yep, I got ST:TOS Pike in that event. I just didn't feel like looking up when it was. After 7 pulls, I finally scored original Number One to put with him. Not interested in this other Pike, but can't wait to score Zimmerman.
    Woghd wrote: »
    Yep, I got ST:TOS Pike in that event. I just didn't feel like looking up when it was. After 7 pulls, I finally scored original Number One to put with him. Not interested in this other Pike, but can't wait to score Zimmerman.
    Yeah Zimmerman is great! You were lucky to get orig number one with just 7 pulls.
    Let’s fly!
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would really like Pike but not willing to spend 15k+ chronitons this time

Just need top 1500 which will not be 15k chrons. Should be about 4-6k.

Sure, before they extended the threshold rewards. Now it takes more than that just to get the end of thresholds and a lot of people go just for that.

• I'm really hyped for Mount's Pike and I'll definitely compete for him.

Not sure how much motivation I will have for the Hybrid though. I'm low on 3* time boosts and two straight weeks of galaxy grinding is very undesirable.

how could you be low on time boosts with a skirmish then a galaxy event? That's last week's Thursday, this week's Thursday, then next week's Thursday by the time of the next faction event start. That's a LOT of speed boosts, especially since adding adwarps every 4 hours to cadet missions (thanks for adding ANOTHER layer of alarms for adwarps DB. sure needed that!).
    I'm really hyped for Mount's Pike and I'll definitely compete for him.

how could you be low on time boosts with a skirmish then a galaxy event? That's last week's Thursday, this week's Thursday, then next week's Thursday by the time of the next faction event start. That's a LOT of speed boosts, especially since adding adwarps every 4 hours to cadet missions (thanks for adding ANOTHER layer of alarms for adwarps DB. sure needed that!).

That's true. I didn't think about the boost farmi g on Thursdays that I'd be doing. I'll still likely be burned out though. The following 5* will have to be really good.
  • Zimmerman and out of the way of those who want Pike.
  • Love galaxy events! I always leave with a FF character and loads of components to FE existing crew. B)
  • YAWN......
    Bakerbeanz wrote: »
    Love galaxy events! I always leave with a FF character and loads of components to FE existing crew. B)

The best is hybrid faction/galaxy because then you get all the community rewards without depleting as many chrons.
    Let’s fly!
  • Well by Thursday I should have 8k chrons, hopefully that will get me the good stuff
    WSChris wrote: »
    Well by Thursday I should have 8k chrons, hopefully that will get me the good stuff
    You will be good. The problem will be the week after which is a hybrid faction/galaxy and you will need to use chrons again.
    Let’s fly!
  • WSChris wrote: »
    Well by Thursday I should have 8k chrons, hopefully that will get me the good stuff
    You will be good. The problem will be the week after which is a hybrid faction/galaxy and you will need to use chrons again.

The better the start in the faction phase the less chrons needed for the galaxy phase, but I can see how this has been a somewhat tricky series of events from a chrons perspective.

I entered the last event with 12k chrons, but rebuilt that hoard via skirmishes and voyages and again have north of 12k chrons. If it weren't Pike this weekend I'd probably only do threshold and quit. I'll probably try and go for Pike, but I am very weary of the grind at the moment, so maybe not.
    edited February 2019
    WSChris wrote: »

The better the start in the faction phase the less chrons needed for the galaxy phase, but I can see how this has been a somewhat tricky series of events from a chrons perspective.

I entered the last event with 12k chrons, but rebuilt that hoard via skirmishes and voyages and again have north of 12k chrons. If it weren't Pike this weekend I'd probably only do threshold and quit. I'll probably try and go for Pike, but I am very weary of the grind at the moment, so maybe not.

All comes down to stats and how much you like Anson Mount's Pike. I really like him and will get him regardless of stats. The big thing has just been the changes in events from DB. Seemed like we were only doing two chron events a month but now are doing three. I would prefer hybrid faction/galaxy to straight galaxy.
    Let’s fly!
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    All comes down to stats and how much you like Anson Mount's Pike.

Yep. We'll see how the stats look. If decent, I will probably go for it. I've always liked Pike.

Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends