Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Shall I Compare Thee? - 02/14 (Mega-Event Part 3)

Comments

• 69vyqy26pyr3.png

I feel like he could have had a better stance...
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    nb1ac04ze9xd.png
    I wonder if post-gene transfer Stametses should have the Tardigrade trait?

Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Shy Khan wrote: »
    nb1ac04ze9xd.png

You may be onto something. I dunno that I'll fight for it, but I certainly won't fight against it.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    No point in having extra traits that do not show up in voyages, gauntlets, or missions. But if they do in the future then they should be added.
    Let’s fly!
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    OMG, I just saw the full height image of Zimmerman. They included Leonard!

qi6cn6vlrs3j.png

Computer: Deactivate Iguana
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    And yet, no Porthos.
    And yet, no Porthos.
    Porthos will likely be the four year anniversary avatar.
    Let’s fly!
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    nb1ac04ze9xd.png

You may be onto something. I dunno that I'll fight for it, but I certainly won't fight against it.

Or at least the Augment one. Since that's technically the law he's violating.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Yateball wrote: »
    OMG, I just saw the full height image of Zimmerman. They included Leonard!

qi6cn6vlrs3j.png

Computer: Deactivate Iguana

Computer: Activate iguana and protect, authorisation code Zimmerman alpha two niner!
    Account on it's final tour, soon to be retired!
  • Am I the only one who's not seeing how this event is supposed to tie into the Mega storyline?
  • Am I the only one who's not seeing how this event is supposed to tie into the Mega storyline?

relax, the event has not started yet. why not wait until you actually see the story to determine if it's following along with the storyline, instead of just the title??

relax, the event has not started yet. why not wait until you actually see the story to determine if it's following along with the storyline, instead of just the title??

Wait, there are stories?
  • Half hour in and already getting hit with the “game unavailable” message.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Half hour in and already getting hit with the “game unavailable” message.

No issue of that kind on my end. I am sorry that you are encountering it.
  • Thanks! Seems to be OK now.
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    S31 wrote: »
    Both Zimmermann and Pike have meh stats, at least Zimmerman is an innovator.

So 10th highest CMD base with 1229 is meh status? Lol

I was thinking the same thing, apparently people have amazing crew that they can throw away chars like that;)
    edited February 2019
    DeanWins wrote: »

I was thinking the same thing, apparently people have amazing crew that they can throw away chars like that;)

The 10th highest base CMD on my crew is probably not being used. The question for everyone is how a character improves your own crew. But that requires looking at your own crew. Personality I'm generally looking at 1/5 stats relative to my existing crew (including 4/4). Other people may want to look at 2/5 or 5/5 stats. But given the number of crew that need honor I personally would not invest honor in someone that at best would only be top 10 in the game since I probably have someone better than him needing honor already.
    Yes, like most things it is cost vs benefit for each individual and when that darn cheesecake seven is coming out. Give us the cheesecake!!! I plan on waiting till tomorrow's announcement on next event and who the ranked legendary will be for it before I decide to buy Stamets packs, Pike packs or the ranked legendary after that pack. It is a shame that the next week's info comes out at the same time the Tueday pack leaves the portal so unless Shan sends it out early no one can buy the Tuesday pack after seeing the Friday next week's event info.
    Let’s fly!
  • Pretty short lived, but I managed to make it to event rank 5 for a little while.

Ioo4E4b.png
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    DeanWins wrote: »

The 10th highest base CMD on my crew is probably not being used. The question for everyone is how a character improves your own crew. But that requires looking at your own crew. Personality I'm generally looking at 1/5 stats relative to my existing crew (including 4/4). Other people may want to look at 2/5 or 5/5 stats. But given the number of crew that need honor I personally would not invest honor in someone that at best would only be top 10 in the game since I probably have someone better than him needing honor already.

So is it 10th highest Cmd in the game or for you? cause if its in the game that makes a pretty big difference, unless you have all the others;) which if you do kudos to you.

I use shuttles, and voyages, often even when I have to keep some out for events such as this, so I think the 10th highest in the game would fit somewhere in there.

Course like you guys said, that is based on 5/5 stats, and whether he is worthy of citation compared to others is a valid point.

However, I still would not say its meh lol. Not every character released in the game can be a power creep, otherwise the stats will get kind of silly.
  • Pretty short lived, but I managed to make it to event rank 5 for a little while.

Ioo4E4b.png

Nice! I have a picture saved somewhere of my brief moment in first place from a galaxy event last summer. I think it was definitely a moment worth saving.
  • Speaking of traits Stamets needs, shouldn’t he have the Innovator trait?
  • Just one thing I’d like to note. I mention this in the trait audit thread as well but it bears repeating. Zimmerman should have another trait added that fits him absolutely perfectly, Casual. Never thought that trait would amount to much but it just fits so well with him. He should definitely have it.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • I'm out. Not even clearing thresholds this time. My inventory is still depleted and my chrons are still relatively low from going all out for Chancellor L'Rell a few weeks ago. (It hasn't helped that most of my last few Voyages, even running 8:00+, have brought back fewer than 300 chrons apiece.) I'll want a fourth star for the threshold 4* next week anyway, so I'll cross my fingers that I luck into Christopher Pike then. Good luck to everyone who's going for him this week!
  • I was finally able to 4 star my Captain Q. But I get lazy during supply events. I wanna use my cronies to FE.
  • PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm out. Not even clearing thresholds this time. My inventory is still depleted and my chrons are still relatively low from going all out for Chancellor L'Rell a few weeks ago. (It hasn't helped that most of my last few Voyages, even running 8:00+, have brought back fewer than 300 chrons apiece.) I'll want a fourth star for the threshold 4* next week anyway, so I'll cross my fingers that I luck into Christopher Pike then.

"February 21 – From the Ashes (Hybrid Faction/Galaxy Event)"

You'll get the fourth star from the Community Rewards next week anyhoo.
  • 5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I'm out. Not even clearing thresholds this time. My inventory is still depleted and my chrons are still relatively low from going all out for Chancellor L'Rell a few weeks ago. (It hasn't helped that most of my last few Voyages, even running 8:00+, have brought back fewer than 300 chrons apiece.) I'll want a fourth star for the threshold 4* next week anyway, so I'll cross my fingers that I luck into Christopher Pike then. Good luck to everyone who's going for him this week!

This one's pretty rough - lots of expensive niche/specialty science, engineering, med recipe items across all missions, which I guess we should have expected. Harder to coast on pre-farmed items. After Plague of Plagues and this, I'm mentally noting to expect future sci/eng/med-themed Galaxies to be a little rougher.

On the upside, the crit bonuses for featured crew are about 8-9% higher on average than other recent Galaxies, and I'm noticing I'm getting use of one or two more bonused-but-non-featured crew than usual. But not an especially fun event to play (to the extent that Galaxies can ever be "fun"). I really want Pike but if things don't look a little better in Phase 2 I may not push hard to get over the hill...
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.