Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Shall I Compare Thee? - 02/14 (Mega-Event Part 3)

Comments

• WoghdWoghd ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Were it not for Q, I would have -0- crew for this event!

Thank you, DB, for throwing a bone to those of us who prefer cards from the classic shows!

Much appreciated.
    Zimmerman is MINE!
  • WoghdWoghd ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    S31 wrote: »
    I think that EMH should qualify as a bonus for Zimmerman.

That would be awesome, I'm sure a lot of us could sure use it, but there is already a ton of crew bonuses for the event, so it's prolly not going to happen.

Perhaps​ DB will take some pity on us.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB always adds an existing crew to every event these days. Them adding an existing crew is not taking pity it is doing what they always do. Not sure you really need any event crew for galaxy events. Just use chrons and go fast to get the 3/4 event crew and then lvl that crew up quickly. Then add the fourth star from community rewards. Bam, a 4/4 event crew on the first day that you can do in the first eight hours of the event or less that you can use for the rest of the event. Then add in whatever good crew you have that match traits and skills for the rest. You might have to spend an extra 10-20% extra chrons than someone with more event crew but the difference between event crew and not is nothing compared to faction events.
    Let’s fly!
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a Galaxy. It really comes down to event crew. I don't think making EMH count as small bonus will make much, if any difference. Personally, since variants of Stamets already get small bonus for being Discovery crew, I think I would make EMH count as bonus crew, kind of like they did last time 5* Lore counted as Borg, so they made Data variants count. But... it makes little difference in a Galaxy. The six skills will be largely covered by event crew with little or no need of small bonus crew.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there much speculation about new Pike's stats? I'd hate to dump chronitons on yet another CMD/DIP/SEC crew. From what I remember of the episodes, CMD/DIP is a given.
    He held a phaser once or twice and dove onto an overloading phaser. Maybe that's the best option for a tertiary stat. He seems to rely on others when it comes to ENG and SCI. He was helping in sick bay once. He also seems to be about the closest thing Discovery has to a councilor. Maybe CMD/DIP/MED?
    Farewell 🖖
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a Galaxy. It really comes down to event crew. I don't think making EMH count as small bonus will make much, if any difference. Personally, since variants of Stamets already get small bonus for being Discovery crew, I think I would make EMH count as bonus crew, kind of like they did last time 5* Lore counted as Borg, so they made Data variants count. But... it makes little difference in a Galaxy. The six skills will be largely covered by event crew with little or no need of small bonus crew.

Even without Mirror Stamets, I don’t expect to use more than five crew to cover all skills. Unless I’m forgetting someone: Cornwell for MED, Captain Q for DIP and SCI, Mirror Shukar for SEC, T’Kuvma for COM, and Graduation Burnham (and, later, Zimmerman) for ENG. And that assumes that OR and AND slots won’t make one or more of these unnecessary, as in past events...realistically, I doubt I will need more than three or four crew to maximize bonuses.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pike is getting the generic CMD/DIP/SEC skills, but DB is going all-in on the ENG/SCI/MED characters with Zimmerman - no complaints here!
  • robownage wrote: »
    Pike is getting the generic CMD/DIP/SEC skills, but DB is going all-in on the ENG/SCI/MED characters with Zimmerman - no complaints here!

Excellent skill set for this one. My engineering is a bit lacking and needs a boost!
  • Bakerbeanz wrote: »
    robownage wrote: »

Excellent skill set for this one. My engineering is a bit lacking and needs a boost!

My personal preference would be ENG/MED/SCI, but we shall see in a couple of minutes.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »

Let's see who the 4* is next week, we could be getting another eng/med/sci.
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both Zimmermann and Pike have meh stats, at least Zimmerman is an innovator.
  • Loving the artwork for Pike and Zimmerman, nicely done DB
  • barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those stats tho...
  • Loving the artwork for Pike and Zimmerman, nicely done DB

The exasperated look on Zimmerman’s face is fantastic. I may keep him around just for that.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    CMD-SEC-DIP is just a yawn, but it makes it easier to not bother with a galaxy event so I'm all for that... Kol and out for me
    Shame Pike was not Command Diplomacy Security rather than Command Security Diplomacy.
    Let’s fly!
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Even without Mirror Stamets, I don’t expect to use more than five crew to cover all skills. Unless I’m forgetting someone: Cornwell for MED, Captain Q for DIP and SCI, Mirror Shukar for SEC, T’Kuvma for COM, and Graduation Burnham (and, later, Zimmerman) for ENG. And that assumes that OR and AND slots won’t make one or more of these unnecessary, as in past events...realistically, I doubt I will need more than three or four crew to maximize bonuses.

Do they do And/Or Slots for Galaxy? I never noticed.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    Will we get Off Duty Culber next week, or will they wait?

Maybe a 4*, and a a 2* Off-Duty Culber for the Threshold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Md_nDXAOZ8
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • S31 wrote: »

So 10th highest CMD base with 1229 is meh status? Lol
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shame Pike was not Command Diplomacy Security rather than Command Security Diplomacy.

Pike clearly comes from the Han Solo school of Shoot-First-Diplomacy...
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭

I think they will wait, I hope we get new crew from the current season as the 4*, and that would normally mean related 2* and 3* crew. We have not had a Burnham yet
    Since there seems to be an emphasis on med/eng, maybe the woman from the first episode instead of Burnham..

Zimmermann is tech/sci/med, and will fill a nice gap in my voyage crew.

I think they will wait, I hope we get new crew from the current season as the 4*, and that would normally mean related 2* and 3* crew. We have not had a Burnham yet
    Since there seems to be an emphasis on med/eng, maybe the woman from the first episode instead of Burnham..

Zimmermann is tech/sci/med, and will fill a nice gap in my voyage crew.
    I 100% support your Spoiler. I wanted her for the Recurring!!!!!!
    edited February 2019

So 10th highest CMD base with 1229 is meh status? Lol

Yes as you cannot get that 1229 stat without buying many packs. So those purchases have to be justified for everyone but the whales. You also have to figure in power creep. Today's 10th highest CMD base is tomorrow's 20th. Best argument for buying the packs is that Pike is cool, he will be event crew for many events, that he has Inspiring trait for cryo collection, and his other traits like Explorer and Tactician are also rare.
    Let’s fly!