Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Temporal Misalignment - 03/07

Comments

• RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Kaitee wrote: »
    Bit worried about the lack of sci and med though for the faction portion

Wow, you're not kidding - I just checked my vault, I think Mora Pol's going to have to be woken up. (Glad this prompted me to look at stas, normally I kinda ignore the blues.)

Gotta be honest, not thrilled about Vosk - not that the whole temporal cold war thing ever hit much of a high note, but it sure went out in a blaze of dumb. At least the galaxy half will make him 4/4 so he won't cost any honour to freeze, so no harm done.

I'm excited for Pulaski though, even though I expect I'll miss out on her - after spending my last fragment of dilithium on a Bynar (successfully, thankfully) I'll only have enough for I think three shots at her when she rolls around in the portal. Mind you I've been lucky drawing event packs before, but I wouldn't count on it. Worth a shot though, she had bad writing but I feel like she was a glimpse of the badass lady doctor we'd have gotten in a better universe, and since we're all about messed up timelines I can always imagine she's that Pulaski.

It still won't be useful to defrost Mora Pol ... even though they have both SCI and MED, unless you have a very narrow crew.

Their base stats are horrid (SCI/MED at 487/357 for me, bonuses included) ... They would be behind (or equal to) a bunch of 5* and 4* crew (e.g. Surak, Burnham(s), Douglas, Jadzia(s), Stamets, Saru ... etc.) for SCI and a lot more for MED.
    I'll just make sure not to run SCI/MED seat shuttles. :)

For people with a narrow crew, both 3* Sisko and 3* Odo might be worth it though (as well as Mora Pol).

For bonus crew I always look at about 1200 base score after applying the bonuses and then ranking them with other bonus crew.
    So, Cardassian Kira will stay frozen ... because even though her SEC hits 1350 for me ... that is 9th (amongst bonus crew - with 2 non-bonus crew right beside her, Kortar and Kol).

Just to give an indication, I only have 3 5*s (Captain Sisko, Niners Sisko and Zhian'tara Odo) for the upcoming event and 3 of my 4*s are non-FF.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    After pushing hard this week, I'm most certainly relaxing for this next one, but 'relaxing' still means getting all 4 stars for the new 4*... with community rewards that's easy peasey
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Something to consider about Vosk is if he’s a 4* it’s easier for everyone to immortalize him.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I think my only sticking point is Vedek Bareil he may just free up Cornwell for voyages if there is a Dip AND Med seat.

Commander Landry and Cardie Kira can stay frozen by my estimation.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I think my only sticking point is Vedek Bareil he may just free up Cornwell for voyages if there is a Dip AND Med seat.

I didn’t freeze Landry after the mega and will be happy to toss her back if she doesn’t make herself useful. I don’t expect that, because if my napkin math is correct she’s going to be my tenth-best SEC crew for the event - behind three non-bonus crew and four bonus/event crew who don’t have SEC as their primary skill.

We’ll see what the distribution of shuttle slots is...maybe there will be a ton of SEC/COM or SEC/SCI slots that need her assistance? That might be worth 100 merits to someone.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something to consider about Vosk is if he’s a 4* it’s easier for everyone to immortalize him.

This is a good point. If he is the threshold, Community Reward will finish him off.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    It wouldn’t surprise me if he’s in the To Boldly Go collection.
  • Here's a list of all the event and bonus crew in case it's of use...

THANK YOU!
    Here's a list of all the event and bonus crew in case it's of use...

THANK YOU!

+87!!! That is always helpful. Navigating stuff on this tablet is hard!!!
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn’t freeze Landry after the mega and will be happy to toss her back if she doesn’t make herself useful. I don’t expect that, because if my napkin math is correct she’s going to be my tenth-best SEC crew for the event - behind three non-bonus crew and four bonus/event crew who don’t have SEC as their primary skill.

We’ll see what the distribution of shuttle slots is...maybe there will be a ton of SEC/COM or SEC/SCI slots that need her assistance? That might be worth 100 merits to someone.

Interesting I dismissed her as an option being tied 8th place with Niners Sisko, the sec/sci combination might sway me bringing her out though I suppose.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    It still won't be useful to defrost Mora Pol ... even though they have both SCI and MED, unless you have a very narrow crew.

I'm pretty lenient on letting folks out of the cooler for a break - with bonus he's got 862 Sci, and my lower limit for Sci is 839 (my skill lower limits are all the ninth-best stat I have, because my screen shows nine crew at once), good enough. For superrares I just thaw out everyone who qualifies, regardless of stats. Probably wasting a bunch of merits doing that but I like seeing them in the active roster for a weekend, even if they don't get to actually do much.
  • Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    Kaitee wrote: »
    RaraRacing wrote: »

I'm pretty lenient on letting folks out of the cooler for a break - with bonus he's got 862 Sci, and my lower limit for Sci is 839 (my skill lower limits are all the ninth-best stat I have, because my screen shows nine crew at once), good enough. For superrares I just thaw out everyone who qualifies, regardless of stats. Probably wasting a bunch of merits doing that but I like seeing them in the active roster for a weekend, even if they don't get to actually do much.

It's not necessarily a waste because a 3* stat boost turns 650 base into 900 and doubled 1800. Weaker characters may not be great for time boosts but it's better to run at 3 hours with skill boosts instead of using non bonus crew. I thaw out as many as I can and even the weaker characters get used her and there depending on seats.
  • PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if they'll offer a $10 Event-variant Legendary again this week? Not many choices from the crew on offer, I think - Mirror Ellen Landry's only Legendary variant is Mirror Ellen Landry, Vosk has Tosk, Dr. Katherine Pulaski only has Surgeon Pulaski, and Resistance Shakaar only has Mirror Shukar.
  • PenguinJim wrote: »
    I wonder if they'll offer a $10 Event-variant Legendary again this week? Not many choices from the crew on offer, I think - Mirror Ellen Landry's only Legendary variant is Mirror Ellen Landry, Vosk has Tosk, Dr. Katherine Pulaski only has Surgeon Pulaski, and Resistance Shakaar only has Mirror Shukar.

Why is Vosk's legendary variant Tosk? They were both on different shows and have nothing in common
  • PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    PenguinJim wrote: »

Why is Vosk's legendary variant Tosk? They were both on different shows and have nothing in common

You're happy with Mirror Shukar, though? o:)
    That’s a goof, Vosk has no other variants.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the Server Update thread:
    - Kazon Seska: Bajoran trait removed.

Guess who I unfrozen two hours ago. :D
  • [ISA] Big McLargeHuge[ISA] Big McLargeHuge ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    robownage wrote: »
    From the Server Update thread:
    - Kazon Seska: Bajoran trait removed.

Guess who I unfrozen two hours ago. :D

She was on my tomorrow list. Your merits deserved better. Although to be fair she never should have had that trait to begin with.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I unvaulted her this weekend. Time to submit a ticket.
  • ApaggApagg ✭✭✭
    Argh. Why would they do this now?
  • AviTrek wrote: »
    I unvaulted her this weekend. Time to submit a ticket.

Submit a ticket? For 100 merits? There are more pressing matters with the game
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t want to play CS Roulette over something I can replace in a round of gauntlet battles.
  • I submit tickets for anything. DB deserves to get the tickets
  • Kazon Seska's Bajoran trait removed with update.
    Kazon Seska's Bajoran trait removed with update.

Scroll up...........