Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Temporal Misalignment - 03/07

12346»

Comments

• kapu wrote: »
    Clearly a “convenient” push for players to purchase vosk before the event, kind of makes the threshold rewards useless imo I used to enjoy the rush to level the 4* between shuttles.

how exactly is it pushing players to buy the card? I dont feel anything?

By decreasing the number of ENG bonus that most will have before the event, then overloading the shuttles with ENG seats, specifically cmd eng or sec eng.

But we didn't know (for certain) that there would be ENG seats before the event started.
  • kapukapu ✭✭✭
    kapu wrote: »
    Clearly a “convenient” push for players to purchase vosk before the event, kind of makes the threshold rewards useless imo I used to enjoy the rush to level the 4* between shuttles.

By decreasing the number of ENG bonus that most will have before the event, then overloading the shuttles with ENG seats, specifically cmd eng or sec eng. If this becomes a norm then it will persuade players to make more pack purcases before the event.

well they obviously heard all the complaints when the event crew didnt fit into the shuttle slots... *shrug*
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019

By decreasing the number of ENG bonus that most will have before the event, then overloading the shuttles with ENG seats, specifically cmd eng or sec eng.

But we didn't know (for certain) that there would be ENG seats before the event started.

True enough and now we do but it’s a long road (especially as it’s 2 factions only) to get him 3/4 and then you only get him 4/4 for galaxy part nothing new there but it makes the faction part all the more awkward. If you don’t have suitable eng bonus then it also possibly means more failures putting more pressure on the galaxy portion of the event.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

By decreasing the number of ENG bonus that most will have before the event, then overloading the shuttles with ENG seats, specifically cmd eng or sec eng. If this becomes a norm then it will persuade players to make more pack purcases before the event.

That’s pretty thin. There are more slots than Vosk could fill by himself and the people who can level him in time for him to be useful are probably doing just fine.

That’s pretty thin. There are more slots than Vosk could fill by himself and the people who can level him in time for him to be useful are probably doing just fine.

But that’s what I mean there is a lack of bonus crew for ENG therefore you would need Vosk to help just before you hit 3.5k-4K and he would need to be levelled therefore encouraging you buying packs for him and levelling him before you receive extra copies and his items to fuse/level him through the thresholds, therefore invalidating a large proportion of the threshold rewards, but the number of ENG seats is what would encouraging you to play that way instead of waiting for the rewards to roll in.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO

• But that’s what I mean there is a lack of bonus crew for ENG therefore you would need Vosk to help just before you hit 3.5k-4K and he would need to be levelled therefore encouraging you buying packs for him and levelling him before you receive extra copies and his items to fuse/level him through the thresholds, therefore invalidating a large proportion of the threshold rewards, but the number of ENG seats is what would encouraging you to play that way instead of waiting for the rewards to roll in.

Yup, I totally agree here.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Likely all the Eng slots when they took one of the few engineers away is a product of different groups making decisions. The trait removal squad is likely not the making shuttle missions squad.
    Let’s fly!

But that’s what I mean there is a lack of bonus crew for ENG therefore you would need Vosk to help just before you hit 3.5k-4K and he would need to be levelled therefore encouraging you buying packs for him and levelling him before you receive extra copies and his items to fuse/level him through the thresholds, therefore invalidating a large proportion of the threshold rewards, but the number of ENG seats is what would encouraging you to play that way instead of waiting for the rewards to roll in.

Still not seeing it on my end. These slots are begging to be filled by common strong non-bonus engineers like Ru’afo and Etana Jol, while there are a ton of slots to fill with bonus C/S/D crew (which are plentiful). Never mind that Niners Rom has been around for a while as well.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Vosk needs a METRIC BUTTLOAD of 2* Clothing Patterns to make his 3* Uniform. Uses it up to Level Eighty, once it starts. On the bright side he was pretty much Yellow Item Blocks going from newborn to Level Eighty.......
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Not seeing the issue. I level the 4* after getting the first copy in threshold every week. I have no issue leveling the 4* all the way. I never wait for the 5* clothing and build/replicate it long before I hit that threshold. The earlier one is inconsistent if I use or not, but they're generally generic enough that they are re-used eventually. I'm doing this regardless of the seat selection. The bonus crew is going to be better and I want to have them ready ASAP.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

Not seeing the issue. I level the 4* after getting the first copy in threshold every week. I have no issue leveling the 4* all the way. I never wait for the 5* clothing and build/replicate it long before I hit that threshold. The earlier one is inconsistent if I use or not, but they're generally generic enough that they are re-used eventually. I'm doing this regardless of the seat selection. The bonus crew is going to be better and I want to have them ready ASAP.

Got him. He's at Level Eighty, 1/4 Equipped and filling an Engineering Seat.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

Still not seeing it on my end. These slots are begging to be filled by common strong non-bonus engineers like Ru’afo and Etana Jol, while there are a ton of slots to fill with bonus C/S/D crew (which are plentiful). Never mind that Niners Rom has been around for a while as well.

Those ENG seats aren't primarily ENG seats anyways. I got Rom in one of them. The rest have strong SEC/CMD people in them. Currently using Mirror Jadzia until I can power level Vosk. For those people running 3 hour shuttles, using 3* Skill boosts will yield very solid returns.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
    edited March 2019
    Well chickens, eggs; I’ve said my piece.
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argh argh arghble - I messed up my kickstart, forgot to attach a time boost when I started on the 1.5hr shuttles (I just let the 1min ones timeout on their own, and I was just hitting 'send' on instinct), then accidentally put a reward boost instead of a time boost on another and had to waste 400 dilithium to get out of a 9hr mission.

My own fault for not paying attention I guess, but for what it's worth I do find the kickstart kind of annoying in that regard - it's fiddly, for want of a better term, whereas the rest of the game's really pretty easy to breeze around in without mucking up.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Kaitee wrote: »
    Argh argh arghble - I messed up my kickstart, forgot to attach a time boost when I started on the 1.5hr shuttles (I just let the 1min ones timeout on their own, and I was just hitting 'send' on instinct), then accidentally put a reward boost instead of a time boost on another and had to waste 400 dilithium to get out of a 9hr mission.

My own fault for not paying attention I guess, but for what it's worth I do find the kickstart kind of annoying in that regard - it's fiddly, for want of a better term, whereas the rest of the game's really pretty easy to breeze around in without mucking up.

My goof was not as bad as yours. I just forgot to add a time boost. I did not use dil. to speed it up.
    If I had not messed up. I could just sent out a new mission as the old ones complete.
    But now I am suppose to let two complete before sending the next set of shuttles. So far I missed it every time. Costing me 1450VP 950VP. I am typing this as the next set come in, so at least I got it right this time.

Edit: I figured it cost me a shuttle at 2750VP provided I remember to hold off before sending my 4000VP shuttles. And, I got a 1800 instead of a 2250.
    So it cost me 3200 VP total. Or I could have spent about 130 dil. and not lost it.
    If this was not a hybrid I probably would have spent it. But 3200 is three extra builds in Galaxy. If my only mistake would have been the forgotten time boost it would have only cost me a 2250VP shuttle.

Edit2: If I had made your mistake. I would have time boosted the other three shuttles until all 4 came in about the same time. However, if it was shared crew I would have used dil. when the other shuttles came in the first time.
    Ivanstone wrote: »

Those ENG seats aren't primarily ENG seats anyways. I got Rom in one of them. The rest have strong SEC/CMD people in them. Currently using Mirror Jadzia until I can power level Vosk. For those people running 3 hour shuttles, using 3* Skill boosts will yield very solid returns.

True. Running Federation missions has me only needing three ENG primaries: Grand Nagus Rom, Niners Rom, and Ru’afo. I’ve got plenty of COM/SEC and SEC/COM bonus crew, so Resistance Shakaar ends up in that COM/ENG slot.
  • Pulaski and Vosk make this event awesome.
    Star Trek first season rankings from best to worst: DS9, TOS, ENT, VOY, TNG, TAS, ORV, DIS
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pulaski and Vosk makes this event awesome.

FTFY
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curent rank when breaking threshold:
    deusvp3cek5d.png
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • IvlainIvlain ✭✭✭✭
    I hit threshold at rank 599, I cashed in so I don't need to do anything else.

l8pmylfs1dql.png

• robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Current threshold:

1viykyp2khr1.png
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    zekg7i6vgt8l.png
    Few thousand more jxbh46te68n9.png

• WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    quuoksntxpvh.jpeg

Here is what threshold ranks now.

It is in the 3000's 7pm cst
    Threshold is just below 3327 with 13h 48m left

Rank 3512 has 350025 VP with 12h 2m left

Rank 3705 has 350027 VP. with 9h 47m left
  • middleheadmiddlehead ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    #1000 is currently around ~475000.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Decided to push on with my other account but stopped hereyle2n3fr3ege.png
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    Decided to push on with my other account but stopped hereyle2n3fr3ege.png

In a similar place to you. Woke up at around 1680, threw a few hundred chronitons at it in the final hour, only to find I'd only moved up to 1679, moved on to other things.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Wheeeeeeeee.....omcv0fkku6a8.jpg
    Lol