Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Temporal Misalignment - 03/07

Comments

• FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bookmark: Can Miranda Jones count as a variant next week? (I don't have her, but it would be cool)

And introduce everyone's favorite astrobiologist Ann Mulhall
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bit worried about the lack of sci and med though for the faction portion
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Resistance Shakaar - my white whale - will finally be completed!! Started Oct 2016, and that *bad word* is still only 3/4.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I started reading, my first thought was "uh-oh," because I don't have Shakaar, meaning 0 event crew and only 1 bonus crew.

Then I saw the Bajoran bonus, and breathed a sigh of relief. Plenty of Siskos & Kiras, not to mention the odd Odo, Rom, and even Dukat.

I don't have Shakaar. In a way I am happy because this will give me one of the 32 super-rare I don't have. It is a faction/shuttle event, so I should be able to get him FF if I put in the effort.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m actually excited. This will be the first event I’ve put effort into in a long time. And I’m always down for more high MED. I’m in the minority being someone who actually liked Pulaski. The acting wasn’t bad at all and the character had a lot of potential, it’s just that the writers didn’t really push for her. That said, I will always prefer Crusher over her.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vosk cool too bad he wasn’t the 5* though

they totally should have switched Vosk and Pulaski for the 4* and 5*

I completely agree. Vosk has four high skill possibilities. COM ENG SCI SEC. any two of those are feasible. He’s a 5 Star stud for sure

• WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I’m actually excited. This will be the first event I’ve put effort into in a long time. And I’m always down for more high MED. I’m in the minority being someone who actually liked Pulaski. The acting wasn’t bad at all and the character had a lot of potential, it’s just that the writers didn’t really push for her. That said, I will always prefer Crusher over her.

I liked her too. But, I hated the writing that tried to make her a female McCoy.

With McCoy it was the comradery between Spock, Kirk and McCoy that made it work. McCoy still liked and respected Spock and you knew it. (Friendly jabbing at each other)

One of the reasons I liked her is because with her you did not have this "love boat" atmosphere that you have when it's Beverly Crusher ( Basically her and Picard)
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »

I liked her too. But, I hated the writing that tried to make her a female McCoy.

With McCoy it was the comradery between Spock, Kirk and McCoy that made it work. McCoy still liked and respected Spock and you knew it. (Friendly jabbing at each other)

She was just a canine of the female gender to Data.....
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    is Pulaski a canon version? or do we get more DB original collection options?

Falling down a turbolift shaft Pulaski.........

https://goo.gl/images/HYgnq8
  • WaldoMag wrote: »

That's it exactly. When Pulaski was nasty to Data, there was definitely no background of camaraderie or even grudging respect. She had about as much respect for Data as I'd have for Alexa or Siri. (Less, possibly.) I never could get past that.

I am, however, very psyched for Vosk!

is Pulaski a canon version? or do we get more DB original collection options?

Falling down a turbolift shaft Pulaski.........

https://goo.gl/images/HYgnq8

They Drake Ramoray-ed her........
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    0wdgf0amqds0.jpg
    I'd prefer Tosk to Vosk.
    Let’s fly!
  • Webberoni wrote: »
    Ugghhhh…. even after thawing out Shakaar, I have another 10 frozen Bajoran 4* crew!

Such a merit grab! The cost either needs to be reduced to thaw crew, or we need to get partial/full merits back when freezing crew, similar to how honor works with crew dismissal/recall.

It's not as expensive as it used to be.
    [DCC] bebe
    Privileged to be Admiral of the Great Fleet
    Dilithium Causes Cancer, maxed Starbase level 134
    Featuring photonic flee free holodecks and
    All you can drink Neelix's Even Better Than Coffee Substitute!
  • 0wdgf0amqds0.jpg
    I'd prefer Tosk to Vosk.

LOL. I love Tosk but his card **tsk tsk**.
    When I got him I left the card alone. Then through daily use his components kept automatically getting completed. Before I knew it he was done. By far the easiest 5* I've ever FE
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, you're not kidding - I just checked my vault, I think Mora Pol's going to have to be woken up. (Glad this prompted me to look at stas, normally I kinda ignore the blues.)

Gotta be honest, not thrilled about Vosk - not that the whole temporal cold war thing ever hit much of a high note, but it sure went out in a blaze of dumb. At least the galaxy half will make him 4/4 so he won't cost any honour to freeze, so no harm done.

I'm excited for Pulaski though, even though I expect I'll miss out on her - after spending my last fragment of dilithium on a Bynar (successfully, thankfully) I'll only have enough for I think three shots at her when she rolls around in the portal. Mind you I've been lucky drawing event packs before, but I wouldn't count on it. Worth a shot though, she had bad writing but I feel like she was a glimpse of the badass lady doctor we'd have gotten in a better universe, and since we're all about messed up timelines I can always imagine she's that Pulaski.
    Kaitee wrote: »

Wow, you're not kidding - I just checked my vault, I think Mora Pol's going to have to be woken up. (Glad this prompted me to look at stas, normally I kinda ignore the blues.)

Gotta be honest, not thrilled about Vosk - not that the whole temporal cold war thing ever hit much of a high note, but it sure went out in a blaze of dumb. At least the galaxy half will make him 4/4 so he won't cost any honour to freeze, so no harm done.

I'm excited for Pulaski though, even though I expect I'll miss out on her - after spending my last fragment of dilithium on a Bynar (successfully, thankfully) I'll only have enough for I think three shots at her when she rolls around in the portal. Mind you I've been lucky drawing event packs before, but I wouldn't count on it. Worth a shot though, she had bad writing but I feel like she was a glimpse of the badass lady doctor we'd have gotten in a better universe, and since we're all about messed up timelines I can always imagine she's that Pulaski.

Oh. That is who Vosk is. The Nazi alien in 1940s New York? I was gonna Wiki today.
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This just hit me, and i don't remember if it was discussed when she came out...but should Pah-Wraith Keiko have Bajoran?

P-W Dukat has the trait, but this was before his surgery to turn into Anjohl, when was just "normal" Cardie Dukat who was lying and scheming and trying to get a bunch of Bajorans to kill themselves...while PW Keiko was actually possessed by an evil Bajoran god, no?

• IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    das411 wrote: »
    This just hit me, and i don't remember if it was discussed when she came out...but should Pah-Wraith Keiko have Bajoran?

P-W Dukat has the trait, but this was before his surgery to turn into Anjohl, when was just "normal" Cardie Dukat who was lying and scheming and trying to get a bunch of Bajorans to kill themselves...while PW Keiko was actually possessed by an evil Bajoran god, no?

Trader odo is also missing the trait yet army chaplain isn’t....
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    das411 wrote: »
    CB4_V'ger wrote: »
    dhrl7z33pyz6.png

...does anyone else use Victorian Pulaski an awful awful awful lot still? whatever you think about the character, in game she is still mighty good for a 4/4 DIP isn't she?

I use her quite a lot, including on the DIP/MED shuttle slots in the current event.

Me, too.
  • 5 siskos, 3 Odo's and an assortment of Kira's, vedeks and whatnot. It looks like I'll be running squad again.
    Account on it's final tour, soon to be retired!
  • Gonna lay back next event too. Don’t need Pulaski and I despise Galaxy. What a chron eater.
  • TcalTcal ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    3rd Faction involved event in a row? Geeez..... :s

It's a hybrid, so not that terrible. You can casually run shuttles then push through the Galaxy portion.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gonna lay back next event too. Don’t need Pulaski and I despise Galaxy. What a chron eater.

Not super excited about Pulaski but I always let the stats weigh in before I decide to go soft or skip an event. Even if you hate a character would you not get that character if he/she had one of the best stats in the game? I am hoping Pulaski will be a very strong Med/Sci combo with a little Dip or something thrown in. I am quite weak on Med/Sci combos.
    Let’s fly!
    Tcal wrote: »

It's a hybrid, so not that terrible. You can casually run shuttles then push through the Galaxy portion.

Even I can usually do well Fraction/Galaxy Hybrid. Crank what I can Fraction, then go deep Galaxy........
  • Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭

Even I can usually do well Fraction/Galaxy Hybrid. Crank what I can Fraction, then go deep Galaxy........

Why are you continuing to call Faction events “Fraction”? I gather there was a punch line in some past post which I have missed.

Why are you continuing to call Faction events “Fraction”? I gather there was a punch line in some past post which I have missed.

Because I can get a Fraction of the points I get from other events.
  • WoghdWoghd ✭✭
    Woot Vosk!!
    Woot Shakaar!!
    Woot Pulaski!!

3 for 3, DB is Rockin''
    Woghd wrote: »
    Woot Vosk!!
    Woot Shakaar!!
    Woot Pulaski!!

3 for 3, DB is Rockin''

I started rewatching Season Four this afternoon. So first up was Vosk's two-parter. Great episode. Would have liked for Vosk to be a 5* in an Event with Alicia and Sal as the 4*s. He was leader of a whole invasion force and easily could be a 5*. But, any Vosk is better than no Vosk!!!
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    This should be a good one. Might push for Pulaski.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Gonna lay back next event too. Don’t need Pulaski and I despise Galaxy. What a chron eater.

Not super excited about Pulaski but I always let the stats weigh in before I decide to go soft or skip an event. Even if you hate a character would you not get that character if he/she had one of the best stats in the game? I am hoping Pulaski will be a very strong Med/Sci combo with a little Dip or something thrown in. I am quite weak on Med/Sci combos.

You are right I will wait and see. I’m actually pretty good with Med/Sci. I have a very strong crew.

I never let my dislike for a character get in the way of the game 😊