Home Engineering Room
Options

Inoffensive Censored Words List

Comments

• Options
    Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay @Shan I do think it is time to acknowledge this issue. Or @Black Pebble because this is a serious issue. Because it is extremely difficult to carry on a conversation with our friends, our fleets, or our crew. Now I do have a quick solution to this and then you can put this on the back burner with everything else, and that is censor just UC since that is where the majority of the violations occur. But this whole nonsense is just crazy omg

Trista
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is REALLY **tsk tsk***** ANNOYING when the TITLE of an episode of STAR TREK TNG is censored!!!!!!!!!! REALLY? The name of an episode of a show on which you base this game????????????????? REALLY!!!!!!??????????? Who is in charge over there, Larry, Moe and Curly?
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    coony ; a white hotdog; (also strangely, out side of NY) "NY chili cheese hot dog"
    coon ; a white hotdog, also short for racoon
    coon-dog ; a white hotdog, or hunting dog if your from the south
    coonies ; several white hotdogs
    DB needs to fire the Ferrengi and higher more Engineers, Rom doesn't count.
    [FSC] Peace Keepers
    Gryphon [****] Adm
  • Options
    the real Spotthe real Spot ✭✭
    edited May 2018
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    There is censored list and there is taking it too far. Word "bloodbath" is censored in game about SF show which includes space wars? Really?
  • Options
    [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    al103 wrote: »
    There is censored list and there is taking it too far. Word "bloodbath" is censored in game about SF show which includes space wars? Really?

It is not censorship, it is classified information.

You should know that:
    • Klingon ablution regimes are not to be discussed with outsiders.
    • Terran Empire recreational activities are not to be promoted.
    • Starfleet officers do not bleed, though they may occasionally experience LWE (leaking-while-exploring).

So you can see... "bloodbath" is not a word.
  • Options
    so i tried to post "Is that time of the month Ziggy" and all i got was #. I don't know why or care why this censorship is taken to a retarded lvl but there is no other game to do this, after dropping hundreds of $ u expect at least to be able to chat with ur friends and i login this fckin krap of a game to relax not to get frustrated. So DB u can take the money i spent so far and shove it and choke on it BECAUSE I'M OUT.
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slavery is censored. Seems like an odd one to filter out...
  • Options
    the real Spotthe real Spot ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    "Is that time of the month Ziggy" is completely uncensored.

added transfat, bloodbath, slavery to the list
  • Options
    "D'deridex" is censored aswell, make it hard to converse about Romulan warvessels lol
  • Options
    D'deridex comes out ok but added a few others
  • Options
    stirred, stired, gets #ed out.
    stirred or stired in some eggs with sausage onions and potatoes.
    stired or stirred singularly
    definition; to mix with a repeating circular motion
    [FSC] Peace Keepers
    Gryphon [****] Adm
  • Options
    May I ask why harpist is censored?
    The harp is my instrument, it's kind of sad to not be allowed to talk about it.
  • Options
    May I ask why harpist is censored?
    The harp is my instrument, it's kind of sad to not be allowed to talk about it.

list update
  • Options
    I'm adding the word "pint" back onto the list. Pint has serious problems; sometimes it drops the entire message containing this word, sometimes it censors it, and sometimes not.
  • Options
    I suggest turning off the filter for ship names during voyages. No one sees that except the users themselves. It has taken me a bit of research to understand why some words I use are even on the banned list. I've found it's because some innocent words have 'urban slang' meanings and it is just irritating.
  • Options
    Quit GameQuit Game ✭✭✭
    Bartender. Like in oh I don't know, Bartender Guinan...
  • Options
    Bartender. Like in oh I don't know, Bartender Guinan...

Was just going to add that. Brewer however is not blocked.
  • Options
    yet strangely there's a whole bunch of good ole English Anglo-Saxon terms that slip through ... it is ludicrous, and beyond condescending
  • Options
    The other day I typed " I opened a pack and I got excited!" And it displayed "I opened a #### ### # got excited!"

I googled packandi before posting and nothing. Very odd.
  • Options
    muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭
    "slaughtered" is one I've encountered.
  • Options
    TonyZee wrote: »
    The other day I typed " I opened a pack and I got excited!" And it displayed "I opened a #### ### # got excited!"

Perhaps the theory is that whatever it is that got you "excited" absolutely must be censored. :smirk:
  • Options
    muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭
    Elynduil wrote: »
    TonyZee wrote: »

Perhaps the theory is that whatever it is that got you "excited" absolutely must be censored. :smirk:

If the sentence ends in an exclamation mark an algorithm censors one random word. :)
  • Options
    come on seriously the factions are now censored
    this is not a context thing, this is deliberate screwing with people

Federation, Klingon, Dominion
    ########### ######## ########

tryed posting next weeks info to my fleet and this is the crap i get
    DB, who ever you have choosing words to be censored,
    FIRE THEM !!!
    there is no excuse for this level of incompetence.
    [FSC] Peace Keepers
    Gryphon [****] Adm
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odd Censor I discovered in the last event, discussing Mirror Keiko and her multiple Torture device equipment.

"Torture" was censored.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    DittoDitto ✭✭✭
    the other day, I was commenting to my squad mates, how I found Vash portraits "ugly" ..

it censored "ugly" O.o
    Unbelievably, at one point it censored "ly" ... O.o

wtf?
    (^^ censored as well ^^ )
    *facepalm*
  • Options
    5* missions dont exi## # think
    5* missions dont exist i think.
    i dont have valeris, will #### # ### longer
    (about this event) i dont have valeris, will push a bit longer.
  • Options
    Ya, stupid f###in sensor. Last night I was trying to send my fleet admiral my email address in private chat within the fleet so they could send me some info. #####.com is what came up when sending. They sent me theirs also, no sensor on their end.😖
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    3rd Party Chats are your friend. (Just not Line...it's awful)
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Line and it works just fine.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.