Comments

• Options
    [FSC] Adm: Gryphon[FSC] Adm: Gryphon ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    cathulu, gets ####### out
    why is cathulu even on he censor list to begin with
    nvm, dont answer that, DB censor is insane
    cathulu is a creation of Lovecraft novels
    i happen to play other games, like "Mansions of Madness", cathulu being the game theme.
    can we please quit making me insane with the rediculass censor,
    it hasnt gotten better, people have just started talking like preschoolers.
    DB needs to fire the Ferrengi and higher more Engineers, Rom doesn't count.
    [FSC] Peace Keepers
    Gryphon [****] Adm
  • Options
    Pakled, the intellectually challenged race of aliens with a penchant for deceit and theft, are blocked from chat? I tried mentioning it in fleet chat, but nay.
    There also needs to be a crew member in game, and hopefully a collection.
  • Options
    Go to line and sign up your fleet
    for a non censored means of communication
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two words DB has censored internally: QUALITY CONTROL Kind of explains alot....
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    FetaroFetaro ✭✭✭
    A fleet mate : "When I see your name, I read Psy Duck"
    Me : ####

It was "kwak". How is it an offensive word?!?
  • Options
    why is cathulu even on he censor list to begin with
    nvm, dont answer that, DB censor is insane
    cathulu is a creation of Lovecraft novels
    i happen to play other games, like "Mansions of Madness", cathulu being the game theme.
    can we please quit making me insane with the rediculass censor,
    it hasnt gotten better, people have just started talking like preschoolers.

Isn't it spelled Cthuhlu?
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Options
    Just make an option to turn off the filter, as STO has.
  • Options
    The phrase "pack so I" triggered the filter. But "pack so" or "so I" does not trigger the filter. Is this some kind of Klingon variant or something?
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    I was most disappointed because I wanted to name my ship The Saucy Wench. I don't understand why this is offensive? And also I can't call my Borg Cube ''The Assimilator". Ridiculous!
    Now on Star Trek Timelines as Kathryn Crow's Eye.
  • Options
    Oh for crying out loud. I put the following sentence into the chat -
    'I'm thinking of buying the seven of nine pack but I only need one more'.

It came out 'I'm thinking of buying the seven of nine #### ### # only need one more'.

Seriously? Your censorship is utterly absurd and makes no sense.
    Now on Star Trek Timelines as Kathryn Crow's Eye.
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    i've had trouble with the phrases "...pack and I..." and "...pack so I..." before. must be similar to a profane word in a foreign language...or maybe similar to the name of an adult beverage in a foreign language
  • Options
    Hi for 10 month i was talking about a usefull french word that means "enough" this is not fixed :

"assez" means enough
    "retard" means to late
    "risque" means risk

this 3 word are stupily censored, thank you for fixing it

• Options
    An other one, tu lui "diras" means you tell him and dira is also censored
  • Options
    Laocoön, a Trojan priest in Greek mythology, is also blocked.
  • Options
    I had Skirmish/Faction blocked last week.
  • Options
    Hi another one, "classement" in french means ranking and is also censored
  • Options
    @Gothardy , if we scroll back 11 months ago, you will see I submitted classement already. It's a feature of the game and it's censored. They have known for close to a year and haven't done a thing. don't hold your breath...
    Admiral of the Québec Alliance Fleet. Joignez-vous à nous.
  • Options
    "Underpants" is censored
  • Options
    "Bartender" as in "Bartender Tuvok"
  • Options
    I think this points to a larger problem besides just the censor, which seems to just have a simple word and phrase dictionary that uses a wildly simple pattern match/regular expression. The larger problem I speak of is the chat interface itself. It hasn’t changed from a UX/user interface perspective since 2016, and we still have the same extremely problematic chat engine. Half of the time, people get cut off in the middle of their sentence, because there’s a “Return” button very near the space bar along with a few letters. Each platform/mobile OS has their own built-in keyboard API, which would be far more effective than the novel keyboard interface inside of the STT game.

iOS:
    https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/General/Conceptual/ExtensibilityPG/CustomKeyboard.html

Android:
    https://source.android.com/devices/input/keyboard-devices (This may be less inclusive, but seems to capture the same idea. I am not an Android developer)

Can we please have a much, much overdue overhaul to the chat interface? From a user standpoint, it’s extremely irritating when the chat keyboard interface constantly causes errors, or the novel “Return” key cuts people off in the middle of whatever they’re typing? Both of Apple and Android clearly state that using a non-standard keyboard with novel keys/layouts is a poor choice. From a developer’s standpoint, I couldn’t agree more. I play several mobile games, and none of them have the same buggy/problematic keyboard that we get in STT.

Thank you, Shan.
  • Options
    Commander ShranCommander Shran ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Not to sure where to post this. Just curious as what happened. Is Gorned a mod or just a total fail of the censor algorithm?
    pfq6q0lch5e0.png

• Options
    Today, I was trying to communicate to my squad that my phone was having issues. The word "phone" came through hashed/censored.
  • Options
    Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Asking my fleet where they come from. One player said "Virginis"... censorship prevented me from asking if this was Virginia or the Virgin islands. Although I've not been to either of those, I'm pretty sure that neither place is offensive.
  • Options
    r8ef4z3yavjb.jpg

Every week I post an announcement for my fleet about the week's event. The censored string in the photo is the Factions for this week.

"Federation, Klingon Empire, Dominion."

I have no idea what in that string is offensive.
  • Options
    edited September 2019

Cthulhu is probably mad that you spelled his name wrong. 😜
  • Options
    SvenLundgrenSvenLundgren ✭✭✭✭
    Queen Po on gets censored to Queen ## ##.
    Starfleet Commission: August 12, 2017
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Queen Po on gets censored to Queen ## ##.

I checked our filter and there is no reason this should be moderated so there must be something else going on.

Maybe it is due to the rest of the sentence, without more context it is hard to know.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pulling a tl;Dr, sorry. 6+ pages is too much.

I like to make my in-game name thematic to the current mega event. I'm about 2 weeks late, but I'd like to keep my tradition. According to internet things, another word for a winemaker is vintner. Well, I tried changing my in-game name to [10F] Vintner Lorca and [10F] Winemaker Lorca. The game would not allow either name. I don't see the offensive sequence.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    ZorkZork ✭✭✭
    "Patrick Stewart" is censored which is very odd.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    The censor is so busy in our chat, we gave her a name and frequently hope she is fired...out of an airlock.
    We can't discuss things like livestock or wildlife. (2 of us farm) Certain breeds are censored and animal names in some cases. "Michael" and Mikey were censored the other day, as was George. Both of which are names of my sister's cats!
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*