Home Engineering Room
Options

Inoffensive Censored Words List

Comments

• Options
    MRNelsonMRNelson ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I find it interesting that Skype is censored, but Microsoft, Discord, Teamviewer, Line, Zoom, and Hulu are not.

In my experience with gamer's fleets from around the world, Skype is probably the easiest app that most people in the fleets have access to, closely followed by Discord.
  • Options
    Keiko and O'Brien, this week's event bonus characters, are censored. They were not blocked out last week however. This will remain the most ridiculous feature of the game. Why someone insists to keep it on, I will never understand. We should have the option of filtering or not .
    Admiral of the Québec Alliance Fleet. Joignez-vous à nous.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    “Hope”. How very, very sad. Do better. 🖖

9r1iw57rlpap.png
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    ZorkZork ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    shoe, shoes and shoestring are censored, maybe because if you remove the initial "s" you get hoe, hoes and hoestring. No idea what hoestring is though.

EDIT: seems to have been fixed now
  • Options
    i was typing my number into our group chat and the thing bleeped it out... I was talking about my number in the event... come on guys
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had "kirk" "harry" and "kim" all censored in a discussion about next week's event. Had to call him Garret as "wang" censors too.
    We fight the censor over silly stuff so often, we dubbed her Tilly (well intentioned, but not always helpful) and ponder if she's been hit in the head or been drinking lately.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Not sure if anyone else has faced this, but sporadically, 'Kim', 'James', and 'Kirk' are censored. Posted in the daily message about the recent event and it was fine... for a bit... before it got censored... repeatedly. It seems to happen in the chat app as well. My question is, of *all* the different names to censor, James Kirk? Really? and Kim? Can someone explain in what way, shape, or form, these names are offensive?
  • Options
    And "Torres" is censored... again... And since it's Kirk this week again that's censored as well.
  • Options
    Strangely, Jean-Luc is censored...
  • Options
    Make a list for people under 14 yes, the rest are adults. Stupid..
  • Options
    Somebody had the message in my fleet chat, "Pimp Rios is available! I need dilithium!"

In addition to "pimp" and "Rios" being censored, the word "is" was also deemed too offensive to read.
  • Options
    In my fleet chat, I mentioned having just immortalised Adm. Maxwell Forrest. "Maxwell Forrest" was replaced with #s.
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • Options
    Today, I was listing the event rank achievements I had yet to get.

"250," "100," "50," and "25," were all censored, but weren't when I excluded the commas.
  • Options
    I couldn't rename my avatar to "Charles Xavier" today. Profanity detected. Maybe other franchises are just profane...
  • Options
    I wrote an answer in chat "natasha yar is the official full name for tasha yar". Was outputed as:
    "natasha yar is the #### #### for tasha yar". Which version is the dirtiest?
  • Options
    Somebody had the message in my fleet chat, "Pimp Rios is available! I need dilithium!"

In addition to "pimp" and "Rios" being censored, the word "is" was also deemed too offensive to read.

I think the filter is "Pimp {insert something here} is". because pimp in itself could be harmless.
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    Queen Po on gets censored to Queen ## ##.

I checked our filter and there is no reason this should be moderated so there must be something else going on.

Maybe it is due to the rest of the sentence, without more context it is hard to know.
    See SvenLundgren original comment. i've put it in bold in bold. That's why it's censored.
  • Options
    I wrote an answer in chat "natasha yar is the official full name for tasha yar". Was outputed as:
    "natasha yar is the #### #### for tasha yar". Which version is the dirtiest?

Name calling in whatever way is offensive. 🤣😁
  • Options
    Clyde *WhiF*Clyde *WhiF* ✭✭
    edited March 2021
    What's really funny is if you capitalize the 1st letter of your name it's #####, if you don't it's david. You can't even say Picard without being hashtagged, but picard is fine. If you share your email it's ############, but if you say random at g mail dot com it's fine. I understand there's a need to keep offensive behaviour at check, but I don't think someone's real name with a capital letter, or character names are offensive, nor is trying to share email within your own fleet. Especially when everyone knows what F that means
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    “Your crew” got hashed. Why?

0kcf8ob1ec68.png
    For frak’s sake, please adjust your algorithm. I know it won’t drive revenue, but it will increase longevity and overall LTV.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    “Your crew” got hashed. Why?

0kcf8ob1ec68.png
    For frak’s sake, please adjust your algorithm. I know it won’t drive revenue, but it will increase longevity and overall LTV.

"Your crew" is not hashed, as indicated by the fact that you were able to write it as shown in your screenshot. I've verified it on my end as well.

I am not sure what happened with the other sentence.

Reviewing how to improve chat and the filter is on the list but it is a huge undertaking that we do not have the time/resources for atm.
  • Options
    I just had the word "vagaries" censored. It was because of those first 3 letters, wasn't it? :D
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Severian67 wrote: »
    I just had the word "vagaries" censored. It was because of those first 3 letters, wasn't it? :D

Taken care of :)
  • Options
    No Richard Nixon's first name, Dick.
  • Options
    "Tarses" was censored.. which, if we're supposed to communicate with each other regarding fleet battles, makes this quite a challenge. I find the chat filter to be a common headache when communicating in game, so I'm disappointed to see that fixing this isn't a priority. As fun as I find fleet boss battles, I'd rather see time taken to fix bugs and the chat filter instead. But I imagine spending less money on the game is the only say I'll get..
  • Options
    I had "pack so I" replaced with #s, when informing my fleet I still needed to claim my Valor pack from the Portal. "so I" seems to be an issue?
    c1qfb1f44jon.jpg
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had "pack so I" replaced with #s, when informing my fleet I still needed to claim my Valor pack from the Portal. "so I" seems to be an issue?
    c1qfb1f44jon.jpg

Just the filter being a bit overzealous with its interpretation. I fixed it.
  • Options
    It censored "2* Rom/Niners Rom" and "3/4* Kahn/Keeler/Kor" in various combinations. It makes FBB really interesting when you can't tell people who needs tried. I was reduced to "Baseball ferengi" and this is a recent problem. It was fine over the weekend.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    It censored "2* Rom/Niners Rom" and "3/4* Kahn/Keeler/Kor" in various combinations. It makes FBB really interesting when you can't tell people who needs tried. I was reduced to "Baseball ferengi" and this is a recent problem. It was fine over the weekend.

This one baffles me so I will reach out for additional help :)
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    c4 is censored (combo 4) but c3 is not, I guess you don't want us blowing up the game.