Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Crimson Spark - 06/06 - ME part 1- bonus correction

Comments

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flemming wrote: »
    For those asking -- Tuvix as always counted as a variant of Tuvok and of Neelix.

Ironically, however, Tuvix failed to be a "survivalist."

Too soon?

Edit: Perhaps I should make it clear, YES he is included as bonus crew, I'm simply making a joke based on the fact that he was, for lack of a better word, killed.

I feel like the fact that Janeway straight up murdered a guy isn't brought up enough when discussing her character.

That was one of the hardest moral dilemma episodes I can remember. Essentially, choose to murder the "new" guy, or by inaction choose to murder both Tuvok AND Neelix. If they were instead stuck in the transporter buffer as merged DNA we'd have less of a moral dilemma because we can't see the physical organic manifestation of that. Is it more morally wrong to murder 2 people who used to exist via inaction (do nothing), or to murder one person (tuvix) who currently exists from your actions? I always feel torn watching that episode, at first it seems so wrong to kill tuvix, but as the episode progresses I always begin to reconsider.
    That is an interesting way to look at it. Tuvok and Neelix would be killed thru inaction. I saw it more that Tuvok and Neelix were already gone with no guarantee they could be brought back whereas there was a 100% chance that Tuvix was there and could contribute.

Why isn't ANYBODY thinking about the ORCHID?

Hehe, I did. I thought about bringing it up but didnt.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    We are really going to be a bit light on the variant crew here, especially considering it’s a faction, aren’t we?

Even with Janeway I feel like I’m going to have about six crew to use, lol.

bxvy8ok66lgd.png

I think most people should be ok.

55 characters with Survivalist trait
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    For those asking -- Tuvix as always counted as a variant of Tuvok and of Neelix.

Too soon?

Edit: Perhaps I should make it clear, YES he is included as bonus crew, I'm simply making a joke based on the fact that he was, for lack of a better word, killed.

I feel like the fact that Janeway straight up murdered a guy isn't brought up enough when discussing her character.

While I was rewatching all of Trek, the number of times medical ethics were violated, especially around patient consent was really shocking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goxoB0l2Ezw
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

Too soon?

While I was rewatching all of Trek, the number of times medical ethics were violated, especially around patient consent was really shocking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goxoB0l2Ezw

Trek actually videos are amazing, great post
  • Options
    y2s1x28bzeom.jpg

We knew the Janeway looked good. Obrist, too. Dynamite work on those two.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Check out the detail on that Com Badge on Janeway. Nice.

Meanwhile I just found the Com Badge I bought at the Trek Experience in Las Vegas in 2007 - darned thing bubbled up around the gold parts, looks terrible now. Sad panda.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭

Meanwhile I just found the Com Badge I bought at the Trek Experience in Las Vegas in 2007 - darned thing bubbled up around the gold parts, looks terrible now. Sad panda.

The pocket watch looks really nice, too, and is sooooo much fun to build from scratch!

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Ancient_Watch

Not. Fun. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steller art. They really put Martok to shame
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭

The pocket watch looks really nice, too, and is sooooo much fun to build from scratch!

Not. Fun. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Good call, time to start running Hirogen missions.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    Will the discounted "survivalist" packs go on sale tomorrow or at the start of the event?
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the artwork for Martok still holds up, they got his face accurate and he has all his fingers, unlike some others. I would be curious what software they use for the art.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭

Not. Fun. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Message recieved!

8r3b4u1s1ogt.png
  • Options
    I think the artwork for Martok still holds up, they got his face accurate and he has all his fingers, unlike some others. I would be curious what software they use for the art.

Are you one of those people that thought a woman putting her hand on her hips meant her fingers were missing?
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Not. Fun. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Was about to ask.....

Thanx!!!!!

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you one of those people that thought a woman putting her hand on her hips meant her fingers were missing?

Nope, but I did check the new artwork out of curiosity.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was just checking and found that Martok is in 2 collections. This will get me to 24 out of 25 in both. Hurray!
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have wanted Ripper since he was first released, and finally I was able to get him from the discounted pack (on the first try, no less!)
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will the discounted "survivalist" packs go on sale tomorrow or at the start of the event?

ryp0dzwz3v1g.jpeg
  • Options
    Ripper has great security and will give Disco bonus. Sato has pretty good diplomacy.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    y2s1x28bzeom.jpg

We knew the Janeway looked good. Obrist, too. Dynamite work on those two.

Well i find it to be quite the opposite, Janeway only looks average, not even close to the great artwork we had lately(even today with Merry Men Troi) and Obrist just really looks bad and slobby, detail wise(hair, skin...).
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Ripper has great security and will give Disco bonus. Sato has pretty good diplomacy.

I'm skeptical there will ever be another Disco bonus event. There are so many Disco crew in the game now, that "trait" may be expired.

As there will be a third season, I'm pretty sure that there will be another disco mega some day.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm skeptical there will ever be another Disco bonus event. There are so many Disco crew in the game now, that "trait" may be expired.

As there will be a third season, I'm pretty sure that there will be another disco mega some day.

There will certainly be a Disco themed mega event. It's unclear if any and all crew related to seasons 1-2 will be bonus. As we see right now, a Month of Hell mega is not providing VOY bonus or even Year of Hell related crew bonus. The next Disco mega could have a trait bonus or more targeted bonus crew.
  • Options
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

Yeah well lookee here. Both my two skill Loque’eque Sato’s will have Dip at 2752. And all month!!! Guess she’s not that worthless after all you two skill haters

Some of us have to be more thrifty with our dilithium. But heck, if you want to bankroll me I will buy many packs of every two skill legendary in the game.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah well lookee here. Both my two skill Loque’eque Sato’s will have Dip at 2752. And all month!!! Guess she’s not that worthless after all you two skill haters

Some of us have to be more thrifty with our dilithium. But heck, if you want to bankroll me I will buy many packs of every two skill legendary in the game.

Those aren’t packs those are event earned. Tastes much sweeter that way
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

I'd like to stress I'm not trying to be sarcastic or judgmental with this statement (because it's easy to infer that from text). When you are a heavy spender, you don't have to be as careful to target maximum flexibility from a crew as someone whose Legendaries level very slowly and in low volume. Personal perspective can make a big difference in determining careful selection of priorities.

If I could awesome this 1000 times, I would.

Play the game the way it best makes you happy. Take a break occasionally, to recharge your STT battery. Don’t attack other players personally, because it makes you look small. Mostly, though:

Live long and prosper. 🖖🏻

P.S. Save your dilithium. Caveat emptor and all that jazz.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust