Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Crimson Spark - 06/06 - ME part 1- bonus correction

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m currently in 18th place, but it’s because I just happened to have enough resources saved up. But I’m not spending extra money or dilithium on this
    Not too shabby.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been hovering around 400th place for the better part of the last 24 hours, and I've only been able to hold on to that plateau by scoring 32K points EVERY three hours (seriously, I've barely slept for 2.5 days - not skipping sleep for the event, I just **tsk tsk** at sleeping) since Thursday! To say the competition has bee fierce is a bit of an undersell.
  • Options
    ChaoticDNAChaoticDNA ✭✭✭
    I'm running 6 shuttles, 5 every 1.5 hours to hold position in the 75-200 spot.

Yeah, this is an aggressive faction event.
    Captain Bubble Bobble
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which is funny because I’ve seen comments where they thought participation was light because of Neelix.
  • Options
    It is definitely not light, I would normally sitting well below 1000, but when I pull shuttles in I get to about 1300. Definitely not a normal faction event.
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the flood of strong bonus crew, running 8 shuttles is the bare minimum
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    FlayFlay ✭✭✭
    It's one of those rare events with so much bonus crew that using those loaner shuttles we're accumulating over the course of the events, is not too wasteful, especially with an overnight boost.
    [GER - SF] Star Fleet - recruiting active captains with event participation. Our Starbase is level 134 and we use the Line App (optional) for spam, bragging, jokes, motivation and sharing tactics. German language.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it has been a rough event, still below 1000 (mid-800s), but it has been difficult ... like always Faction events are not that great with my weekend schedule ... especially as I have family over this weekend ... so I've missed a bunch of shuttle batches.

I was hoping people wouldn't want a Neelix, so thought I could easily grab a copy of one ... not really. Luckily, I've had a ton of boosts stacked up (almost 50 2x boosts because I never use them - down to 30) and I've been sending out extra shuttles that have been reasonable to fill even though I did't defrost my Tuvixes or a bunch of Survivalists ... maybe I should have prepared better.

There's a lot of movement when my shuttles come in, so hoping I make top 1500 still ... last Faction I was knocked out in the last 30 minutes, where I dropped from 1350 to 1600.
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    New personal record for final rank, and in a FACTION event no less!

okxckir7saig.png

In a very heated Faction event, no less. Good job!

I puttered out at 237. I was done spending Rentals, and I figured it was safe to coast to the finish line.
    I had a little bit more Squadron support, we ranked 583. My three active players contributed about 24K VP to my final total.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

okxckir7saig.png

Wow, congratulations! Like Flemming, I coasted a bit towards the end. I also didn’t do a good job of keeping an eye on the game on Saturday, where I dropped from 360ish to 950ish from noonish to bedtime. I did burn a few more tokens that night and used some 3* time boosts yesterday to finish at 623, but if I had really worked hard I would have ended up easily in the top 500.
  • Options
    I dropped from 1300ish to 1551 in the last hour or so. Three of my last five shuttles failed. Gutted.
  • Options
    Yeldoow wrote: »
    I dropped from 1300ish to 1551 in the last hour or so. Three of my last five shuttles failed. Gutted.
    I am sorry. That stinks.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

okxckir7saig.png

Captain Picard and I salute you, @ByloBand.

097y1kbg0327.jpg
  • Options
    IvlainIvlain ✭✭✭✭

Same thing happened to me. I ran out of time boosts, shuttles and 2x boosts with 15 hours to go. I just started slipping down from 800 to finish at 1587.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

Been there. Sorry.
  • Options
    There is no doubt that the game has increased in difficulty. So much resource management is required now which can be very difficult to do when going up against people with more and better legendary crew. So you have to spend more resources than them just to keep pace.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivlain wrote: »

Same thing happened to me. I ran out of time boosts, shuttles and 2x boosts with 15 hours to go. I just started slipping down from 800 to finish at 1587.

Dude in my fleet dropped from 1405 to 1528 in the last 8 minutes.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Yes, I can believe it. It seems that 1200-1600 in most events is only seperated by a few thousand points.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like to push extremely hard at the beginning of an event to intimidate other players into not trying out of a sense of helplessness. I'm kind of a jerk, I guess. I was top 100 for the first two days and could have maintained, but I felt I didn't need to get below 100, so I coasted into a top 300. If you can, I highly recommend pushing hard and fast so you won't feel the stress later.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will never use time-boosters or rental-tokens again with a pool of bonus crew this large. Lesson learned, moving on & enjoy the rest of the Mega, y’all. 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust