Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Crimson Spark - 06/06 - ME part 1- bonus correction

Comments

• Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just have one question:

Why is Obrist giving a lecture?

That's the console that engaged the temporal incursions.
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    A friend just showed me this and it is fantastic:

fkhvdxn7j0qy.jpg

Also comes in "Delete the wife"
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dingbat1 wrote: »
    Janeway is pretty much a carbon copy of Delta Flyer Torres. If you've been living under a rock for the past 2 months, and haven't gotten your fill of Eng/Sec by now, congratulations.
    Beyond that, she does have the #3 Eng base, so that's nice. Her Eng/Sec shuttle pair comes in #3, after Ishara Yar and Saboteur Garak, and just ahead of Resilient Tuvok, Delta Flyer Torres, Conditioned Laforge, and Irina. Poor Falcon O'Brien dropping to 8th place.

Tactical Neelix, on the other hand, is the new #8 voyager, displacing Merry Men Troi. He's also got the 2nd highest Sec voyage score, with a rare Med Tertiary.
    There are only 9 legendaries with Dip/Sec/Med, though two of them are former megas Cornwell and Darth Bashir. of those 9, only 2 aren't Med Primary, and only 3 aren't Sec Tertiary, so it's an unusual skill set which will find its way on to your ship fairly regularly even at 1 star.
    Couple that with the #8 base Sec and #14 base Med, pushing out Warship EMA for the new #1 Sec/Med pair

oh, in case anyone thinks I forgot, both of them are gauntlet non-starters, and if you have room for them in the Arena, you're not doing it right.
    I would add that besides her strength and that everyone can get her 4/5 that Janeway also has a lot of great traits needed like Tactician and Jury Rigger. Here are their stats at 5/5 to compare.

Delta Flyer Torres CMD 554 (60-132), ENG 1278 (190-397), SEC 1021 (79-246)
    Traits: Human, Federation, Starfleet, Romantic, Pilot, Athlete, Klingon

Determined Janeway CMD 496 (106-174), ENG 1321 (171-370), SEC 992 (125-248) Traits: Starfleet, Survivalist, Federation, Jury Rigger, Resourceful, Tactician, Veteran, Desperate, Human
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do we know the ship abilities of Janeway?
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never mind, in the announcement.
  • Options
    A friend just showed me this and it is fantastic:

fkhvdxn7j0qy.jpg

That’s from the STSP Facebook group.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Janeway is pretty much a carbon copy of Delta Flyer Torres. If you've been living under a rock for the past 2 months, and haven't gotten your fill of Eng/Sec by now, congratulations.
    Beyond that, she does have the #3 Eng base, so that's nice. Her Eng/Sec shuttle pair comes in #3, after Ishara Yar and Saboteur Garak, and just ahead of Resilient Tuvok, Delta Flyer Torres, Conditioned Laforge, and Irina. Poor Falcon O'Brien dropping to 8th place.

Tactical Neelix, on the other hand, is the new #8 voyager, displacing Merry Men Troi. He's also got the 2nd highest Sec voyage score, with a rare Med Tertiary.
    There are only 9 legendaries with Dip/Sec/Med, though two of them are former megas Cornwell and Darth Bashir. of those 9, only 2 aren't Med Primary, and only 3 aren't Sec Tertiary, so it's an unusual skill set which will find its way on to your ship fairly regularly even at 1 star.
    Couple that with the #8 base Sec and #14 base Med, pushing out Warship EMA for the new #1 Sec/Med pair

oh, in case anyone thinks I forgot, both of them are gauntlet non-starters, and if you have room for them in the Arena, you're not doing it right.
    I would add that besides her strength and that everyone can get her 4/5 that Janeway also has a lot of great traits needed like Tactician and Jury Rigger. Here are their stats at 5/5 to compare.

Delta Flyer Torres CMD 554 (60-132), ENG 1278 (190-397), SEC 1021 (79-246)
    Traits: Human, Federation, Starfleet, Romantic, Pilot, Athlete, Klingon

Determined Janeway CMD 496 (106-174), ENG 1321 (171-370), SEC 992 (125-248) Traits: Starfleet, Survivalist, Federation, Jury Rigger, Resourceful, Tactician, Veteran, Desperate, Human

I think it would be more accurate to quote 1/5 Torres vs 4/5 Janeway, since more players are likely to be in that situation.

It sounds salty when a player derides the rest of the community for not fully fusing DF Torres, Saboteur Garak, et al. Determined Janeway is a great reward for those of us who apparently have no honor.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Determined Janeway is a great reward for those of us who apparently have no honor.

I see what you did there.

519dac0d2742f4b5d507d8c73bb94c1806e967bb621f3bff16124f89ed94363d.jpg
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    . . . Tactical Neelix, on the other hand, is the new #8 voyager, displacing Merry Men Troi. He's also got the 2nd highest Sec voyage score, with a rare Med Tertiary.
    Couple that with the #8 base Sec and #14 base Med, pushing out Warship EMA for the new #1 Sec/Med pair . . .

Great analysis, but one small correction -- Med is his secondary skill, not tertiary.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was gonna be happy as long as Janeway was not Cmd-Sec. DB did much better than that and made her Eng-Sec which helps tremendously for me. It is an area I am weak on for Voyages. We have had mega recurring Eng-Dip with Etana and Eng-Com with Ru'afo but now we get Eng-Sec. I am hoping this mega has Jett Reno as a legendary, she should be Eng-Med.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even as many ENG/SEC crew as we have gotten recently, Janeway is absolutely worthy of a citation. Thank you, DB!

Also, buying a citation to be used on a Janeway tomorrow meant I could buy another one and have now immortalized my White Rabbit...it is really exciting to see both ENG and MED base skills over 1000 at the same time.
  • Options
    Dingbat1Dingbat1 ✭✭✭
    Great analysis, but one small correction -- Med is his secondary skill, not tertiary.
    whoops, that's what I meant. Fixed it. Also added the following which I told my fleetmates:

"getting Janeway 4/5 out of the box basically devalues any new legendary you might have won in the last two months"
  • Options
    Shan,

Faction Event Notes Crimson Spark posts have 2 conflicting max proficiency figures for Tactical Officer Neelix:

5* stats: MED 1024 (140-313)
    FE 1/5 level 100 stats: MED 576 (140-213)

Can you confirm is 213 or 313 correct? Thanks.
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    soooooooo who's spending honor on citing that janeway now, and who's waiting for the 5* citation from the campaign that most of us are probably about a week away from getting?
  • Options
    [ISA] Big McLargeHuge[ISA] Big McLargeHuge ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    soooooooo who's spending honor on citing that janeway now, and who's waiting for the 5* citation from the campaign that most of us are probably about a week away from getting?

I lean citing now. Every little bit helps for shuttle seats.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

I lean citing now. Every little bit helps for shuttle seats.

I hadn't even thought about doing that, @exo | das411, but I'mma pass and just cash in the Honor for Janeway tomorrow. I'm a squadron leader and it'll be more helpful to the others that way. Besides which, I've had the Citation earmarked for someone else and it won't make any real difference to me since if I didn't spend the Honor on Janeway tomorrow, I'd just spend it on the other crew member anyway.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should pick up the campaign cite on Sunday morning, but like Travis, I will probably spend some honor when the event starts. Am thinking of using the campaign cite on 1/5 Alt. Future Dax to boost my science crew.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should pick up the campaign cite on Sunday morning, but like Travis, I will probably spend some honor when the event starts. Am thinking of using the campaign cite on 1/5 Alt. Future Dax to boost my science crew.

I agree, I'm citing Janeway with honor tomorrow, as soon as I get her. I'm thinking I might actually use the campaign citation on Captain Spock.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll cite her immediately.
  • Options
    [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would cite her immediately but just used my honor reserve on Honey Bare. So, it’ll have to wait. I’ll likely wait until the end of the event, I should be back to around 50k by then or use the campaign citation
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 22 completed jury riggers. Janeway will get her star via honor to make it 23. The campaign citation is earmarked for Dress Uniform Scotty (to get him to 4/5), and a month from now to get him to FF.

Now, where o' where did Smuggler Kasidy Yates run off to again?
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭

I usually just do the DYC for the Mega 5* right after the first one drops if they are worth it, which this Janeway Definitely is!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 22 completed jury riggers. Janeway will get her star via honor to make it 23. The campaign citation is earmarked for Dress Uniform Scotty (to get him to 4/5), and a month from now to get him to FF.

Now, where o' where did Smuggler Kasidy Yates run off to again?

I hope that one of the upcoming campaign features Smuggler Yates.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried three times. 3 Martok. I needed 1. Big waste. Oh, well.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Determined Janeway is a great reward for those of us who apparently have no honor.

I see what you did there.

519dac0d2742f4b5d507d8c73bb94c1806e967bb621f3bff16124f89ed94363d.jpg

Thank you for not letting that go unnoticed. :)

And for the record, I've had 50k honor saved up just for the mega event. Janeway will be cited right away. I saved last campaign's citation for Spock, so I'll probably save this one for the next campaign legendary. Or give it to Jett Reno if she has three skills and two of them are MED and ENG.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan,

Faction Event Notes Crimson Spark posts have 2 conflicting max proficiency figures for Tactical Officer Neelix:

5* stats: MED 1024 (140-313)
    FE 1/5 level 100 stats: MED 576 (140-213)

Can you confirm is 213 or 313 correct? Thanks.

Yea, before the event starts, could we please get confirmation @Shan