Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Crimson Spark - 06/06 - ME part 1- bonus correction

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2019 in The Bridge
Event Name: Crimson Spark
Event Type: Faction Event
Event Crew: Resilient Tuvok 5* (New), Obrist 4* (New), and General Martok 4* (Existing)
Event Dates: Thursday 06/06 until Monday 06/10 at noon (16.00 UTC)

Ranked Reward 5*: Tactical Neelix (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 06/13.

Mega-Event recurring featured crew: Determined Janeway 5* (New)

Event Factions: Klingon Empire, Federation, Section 31

Bonus crew:
• high bonus: event crew
• small bonus: variants of Tuvok, Martok, and crew with the survivalist trait.

Comments

• Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Janeway! Nice.
  • Options
    Zann Calcore (ISA)Zann Calcore (ISA) ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    We are really going to be a bit light on the variant crew here, especially considering it’s a faction, aren’t we?

Even with Janeway I feel like I’m going to have about six crew to use, lol.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Shan, is it correct that Janeway variants provide bonus, since shes not part/variant of this event featured crew, only ranked reward?

EDIT: NVM probably looked wrong. Lol
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    aww I wanted to get Neelix but have no chance on the shuttles event :(
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    Is Janeway really bonus crew for this and the other three events?

In past mega-events, variants of recurring 5* crew were not given bonus (Mirror Picard, Bell Riots Bashir...)
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay thanks for posting Shan - time to finally work on lizard Janeway and take her off the bottom of my to-do list :)
  • Options
    Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    Is Janeway really bonus crew for this and the other three events?

In past mega-events, variants of recurring 5* crew were not given bonus (Mirror Picard, Bell Riots Bashir...)

They probably run some analysis of player rosters to determine how many bonus crew everyone has and adjust it from there to make sure it isn't a disaster. For them to add Janeway, there must not be a lot of players that have a plethora of the 4* survivalists that are in the game.
  • Options
    [DC] Principia[DC] Principia ✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Event Name: Crimson Spark
    Year of Hell Orbist 4* (New)

Obrist, not Orbist.

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Obrist
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...and wasn't the "Crimson spark" some sort of something that showed up in season 2 of discovery? ;)
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Determined Janeway will of course provide a bonus throughout the Mega-Event.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    So I made a mistake by including variants of Janeway and of course in Orbist name -_-
    There are some names I will always trip on ..
    Sorry about that. Fixing.

Thanks for clearing that up. It was going to add a whole new wrinkle to my citation considerations. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    Cant say Im not disappointed that the recurring card wasn't Cheesecake Seven (Eng, Yes!, Sci, Yes!, Med, Yes!). So Janeway will probably be primary and secondary combo of CMD/DIP/SEC with a tertiary SCI? Was hoping to get off the CMD and SEC combos after Thrax and Kol.

In anycase, power on! Janeway shall be mine :p
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was it Kurn that got included as a Martok last time he was in an event?
  • Options
    Hey thanks very much for making Janeway the recurring legendary!
    29ivam4aiztb.jpg
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    No bonus for Janeway variants? :/
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    No bonus for Janeway variants? :/

No, I am sorry for the mistake I made.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was it Kurn that got included as a Martok last time he was in an event?

Yep! I totally forgot about that, but:
    Event Name: Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit
    Event Type: Hybrid Faction/Galaxy Event
    Event Crew: Changeling Martok 5* (New), Ikat'ika 4* (New) and Dominion Dukat 4* (Existing)
    Event Dates: Thursday 08/23 until Monday 08/27

Mega Event recurrent featured crew: Ahdar Ru'afo 5* (Existing)

Bonus crew:
    • high bonus: event crew and Ahdar Ru'afo
    • small bonus: variants of Dukat, Martok, and crew with the Dominion trait.
    • Due to a bug which will be active for the rest of the event, Kurn will also provide a bonus.

How about it, @Shan - Include Kurn for old times' sake? O:)
  • Options
    This really would have been perfect to make Cheesecake Seven the recurring mega. I thought for sure they were saving the card for this. I officially give up trying to guess when they’ll actually release it.
  • Options
    We are really going to be a bit light on the variant crew here, especially considering it’s a faction, aren’t we?

I don’t know about everyone else, but I’ve got 21 useable crew with the survivalist trait, 4 Tuvok (including Resilient), 1 Martok (the card being used for this event), and then eventually Determined Janeway. I’d say that’s a pretty good bonus pool.

• Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019

I don’t know about everyone else, but I’ve got 21 useable crew with the survivalist trait, 4 Tuvok (including Resilient), 1 Martok (the card being used for this event), and then eventually Determined Janeway. I’d say that’s a pretty good bonus pool.

I'm in a similar position. The only area of weakness is MED. I believe Sulan is the only MED primary with the Survivalist trait, and his base stat is pretty unimpressive (which is all that matters in faction or galaxy events).
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Will this mega have discounted packs at the end like the last one or no @Shan? Just wondering because if so then I can wait to cite Janeway. If not I’ll cite right away.
  • Options

I'm in a similar position. The only area of weakness is MED. I believe Sulan is the only MED primary with the Survivalist trait, and his base stat is pretty unimpressive (which is all that matters in faction or galaxy events).

Hopefully this means no MED seats
  • Options
    Will this mega have discounted packs at the end like the last one or no @Shan? Just wondering because if so then I can wait to cite Janeway. If not I’ll cite right away.

Same question from me.

In unrelated news I have a spare Thrax lying around it anyone wants him??
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭

Sulan
    Stranded Quark
    Vedek Bareil Antos

Sulan is the only one whose Bonus exceeds the non-Bonus characters.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the other hand, I like that the faction event is first. I just wish the hybrid came right after it, so I could put all the crew away afterward.