Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Crimson Spark - 06/06 - ME part 1- bonus correction

Comments

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaBlack wrote: »
    Current threshold:
    4re32ee82d2n.jpg

I am about 62K VP below that and ranked 2000 above that. That means about 62K VP separate 2000 people. We have a massive blockage here. This will change even more dramatically when people cash in their super rares.
  • Options
    [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    wrong thread. Shame accepted.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaBlack wrote: »
    Current threshold:
    4re32ee82d2n.jpg

Lol'ing at another in the wrong thread, I guess most people will still see it tho
  • Options
    MRNelsonMRNelson ✭✭✭
    DeanWins wrote: »
    Glad you guys are all jazzed about the reoccurring legend;) and I concur,

But tactical Neelix? whats that from lol. Sound like an oxymoron;)

Year of Hell presumably

a3ii7q20bxy1.jpg
    Yep definitely. A year of hell in which every person was needed for war. Neelix is made a security officer instead of his usual morale officer.

If I recall correctly, Neelix became a security officer when Tuvok was injured and Blinded as a result.
  • Options
    Shan,

Before I pull him out of the freezer, Tuvix counts as a Tuvok variant. Right???

Thanks
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan,

Thanks

He always has in the past, to my knowledge.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think GI Joekotay and Duelist Yar will probably stay in the freezer. I can't see them being used as there are plenty other options available.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    I think GI Joekotay and Duelist Yar will probably stay in the freezer. I can't see them being used as there are plenty other options available.

Agreed. I'm also keeping Maquis Ro Laren, Away Team Michael Burnham and Augment Riker frozen as well.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

Agreed. I'm also keeping Maquis Ro Laren, Away Team Michael Burnham and Augment Riker frozen as well.

Ah yes forgot about Riker, yep he's staying in the freezer too. I was thinking Ro Laren would be a good insurance policy but depends what skills Janeway has and whether I get the new Tuvok or not am a bit undecided on him tbh.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    This really would have been perfect to make Cheesecake Seven the recurring mega. I thought for sure they were saving the card for this. I officially give up trying to guess when they’ll actually release it.

I was hoarding my honor and dilithium for a good long while in anticipation, but I finally gave up.
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan,

Thanks

He always has in the past, to my knowledge.

And he should count as a Neelix for the following week.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those asking -- Tuvix as always counted as a variant of Tuvok and of Neelix.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    For those asking -- Tuvix as always counted as a variant of Tuvok and of Neelix.

Ironically, however, Tuvix failed to be a "survivalist."

Too soon?

Edit: Perhaps I should make it clear, YES he is included as bonus crew, I'm simply making a joke based on the fact that he was, for lack of a better word, killed.
  • Options
     Bri Bri ✭✭✭✭
    Where the hell are these Janeway stats?!
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    [S14]Bri wrote: »

Stats are always published on Wednesday.
  • Options
     Bri Bri ✭✭✭✭
    [S14]Bri wrote: »

Stats are always published on Wednesday.

Thanks Damar. For Cardassia!
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    It made no sense. If Riker can be cloned using a transporter so could Tuvix. Then use one of the Tuvixes to make Tuvok and Neelix again. Additionally, clone Tucker was way better than original Tucker as well.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    It made no sense. If Riker can be cloned using a transporter so could Tuvix. Then use one of the Tuvixes to make Tuvok and Neelix again. Additionally, clone Tucker was way better than original Tucker as well.

Cloning from a transporter malfunction is probably not something that they would want to but into general practice, I would imagine the same malfunction can cause you to become a pile of goo on the transporter pad
  • Options
    barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

Too soon?

Edit: Perhaps I should make it clear, YES he is included as bonus crew, I'm simply making a joke based on the fact that he was, for lack of a better word, killed.

I feel like the fact that Janeway straight up murdered a guy isn't brought up enough when discussing her character.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

So, pick one to kill? Then the decision becomes not "Should we kill Tuvix to save Tuvok and Neelix?" but "Which Tuvix should live and which should die?"
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options

So, pick one to kill? Then the decision becomes not "Should we kill Tuvix to save Tuvok and Neelix?" but "Which Tuvix should live and which should die?"
    Keep the original, use the clone to make Tuvok and Neelix. But the clone would not be in existence for anything more than a split second. You would do it as one process. Janeway should have at least tried. Tuvix was a unique individual that was good and wanted to help. The best of Tuvok and Neelix. He did not try to run away but was willing to meet his death with courage which proved he was worthy of life.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Synthetic CommanderSynthetic Commander ✭✭✭✭✭

Too soon?

I feel like the fact that Janeway straight up murdered a guy isn't brought up enough when discussing her character.

That was one of the hardest moral dilemma episodes I can remember. Essentially, choose to murder the "new" guy, or by inaction choose to murder both Tuvok AND Neelix. If they were instead stuck in the transporter buffer as merged DNA we'd have less of a moral dilemma because we can't see the physical organic manifestation of that. Is it more morally wrong to murder 2 people who used to exist via inaction (do nothing), or to murder one person (tuvix) who currently exists from your actions? I always feel torn watching that episode, at first it seems so wrong to kill tuvix, but as the episode progresses I always begin to reconsider.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Too soon?

While I was rewatching all of Trek, the number of times medical ethics were violated, especially around patient consent was really shocking.
  • Options

Too soon?

That was one of the hardest moral dilemma episodes I can remember. Essentially, choose to murder the "new" guy, or by inaction choose to murder both Tuvok AND Neelix. If they were instead stuck in the transporter buffer as merged DNA we'd have less of a moral dilemma because we can't see the physical organic manifestation of that. Is it more morally wrong to murder 2 people who used to exist via inaction (do nothing), or to murder one person (tuvix) who currently exists from your actions? I always feel torn watching that episode, at first it seems so wrong to kill tuvix, but as the episode progresses I always begin to reconsider.
    That is an interesting way to look at it. Tuvok and Neelix would be killed thru inaction. I saw it more that Tuvok and Neelix were already gone with no guarantee they could be brought back whereas there was a 100% chance that Tuvix was there and could contribute.
    Let’s fly!