Home The Bridge

New picard campaign

Comments

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are we posting screenshots of our crew quarters now to make our points? I am game for that.
    sq45g2lfpz0b.png
    I have augment Picard off the screen and Galen/Dixon also Fffe. Bottom line, if they had picked augment Picard, or smitten Picard, or ent-e Picard or any other variant I have fffe, I wouldn't say ANYTHING ABOUT IT. No complaints, no whining, nothing. The only unacceptable crew for campaigns are crew DB gave copies of as form of compensation for their mistakes. It makes them making up for their mistakes meaningless and inherently says "sorry, not sorry". THAT is the "slap in the face" part of all of this.

Excellent summary of why it sits poorly with many of the ones it sits poorly with, I bet.

{No dog in the fight, personally. I have Mirror JLP Immo, and cannot buy the Premium Track.}
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Are we posting screenshots of our crew quarters now to make our points? I am game for that.
    sq45g2lfpz0b.png
    I have augment Picard off the screen and Galen/Dixon also Fffe. Bottom line, if they had picked augment Picard, or smitten Picard, or ent-e Picard or any other variant I have fffe, I wouldn't say ANYTHING ABOUT IT. No complaints, no whining, nothing. The only unacceptable crew for campaigns are crew DB gave copies of as form of compensation for their mistakes. It makes them making up for their mistakes meaningless and inherently says "sorry, not sorry". THAT is the "slap in the face" part of all of this.

Excellent summary of why it sits poorly with many of the ones it sits poorly with, I bet.

{No dog in the fight, personally. I have Mirror JLP Immo, and cannot buy the Premium Track.}

I choose to read this as an endorsement of dog fighting. :p

;)
    ByloBand wrote: »
    sq45g2lfpz0b.png

;)

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    sq45g2lfpz0b.png

;)

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."

And here I thought it was just the size of the dogfight.
    Farewell 🖖
    sq45g2lfpz0b.png

;)

And here I thought it was just the size of the dogfight.

We may soon learn that the size of the Fighter in the Dogfight does not matter. I hope the first one to nuke a Borg Cube with the new 5* Ship gets some cool video.
  • Might be in the minority here (most likely), but I still had that message with mirror picard saved from "that incident". It's an easy choice for me since the campaign offers all kinds of goodies and I can immortal him and use the citation elsewhere.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sq45g2lfpz0b.png

;)

Having a Carin Terrier I can attest to the truth of this

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have nothing to add about the politics of how any decisions were arrived at, but just so @(HGH)Apollo and anyone else interested knows, if you hover your cursor over the date of a post, it will display the exact time stamp:

igvcmbftop4l.jpg
    Thx for the info Travis. Good looking out. New Campaign is coming up so it looks like DB will not change it though that was always a long shot. I appreciate Shan listening to forum and responding. I probably will not buy the Mirror Picard campaign. I hope the next campaign has a better selection of crew that can appeal to everyone, old, middle, and new timers. Good luck to everyone in the upcoming skirmish. Have a great day.
    ha1x8zamoowq.jpg

Yikes it is really hot and sunny today, I better put on my shades.
    5a1lwqgr0hm7.jpg
    That's better.

Let’s fly!
    So, did we say everything that needed to be said about MJLP already?
    Farewell 🖖
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

I feel like everyone’s position is pretty well stated at this point and that nobody’s mind is going to be changed.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was under the impression we stopped talking about MJLP two pages back!

I feel like everyone’s position is pretty well stated at this point and that nobody’s mind is going to be changed.

Apparently there were people in other threads that needed to be convinced. I felt obligated to bump this one so it could be discussed in the proper place.
    Farewell 🖖
    Perhaps they should have created a new 90 year old Picard to honor his new show
    edited June 2019
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

And he could have a sound quote, "who are you, get off my lawn!"

I doubt any Picards except Picards from the new show will give bonus in the likely upcoming Picard show mega event. Just like how only Janeways that have survivalist trait give bonus in this current mega event even though Janeway is the recurring legendary. DB will want people to buy new Picard show packs and not just rely on Picards they already have. If people want to still buy the Picard campaign that is entirely up to them but I do not think it is a certainty that these Picard campaign crew will be bonus crew with Picard show megas. Just as Krenem Guest Paris did not provide bonus in this Year of Hell Mega even though he is from that episode. DB is sneaky like that and Megas almost always have a twist.
    Let’s fly!

And he could have a sound quote, "who are you, get off my lawn!"

I highly doubt any Picards except Picards from the new show will give bonus in the likely Picard show mega event. Just like how only Janeways that have survivalist trait give bonus in this current mega event even though Janeway is the recurring legendary. DB will want people to go hard on the new Picard show events and not just rely on Picards they already have. If people want to still buy the Picard campaign that is entirely up to them but I do not think you can count on these Picard campaign crew helping with Picard show megas. Just as Krenem Guest Paris did not provide bonus in this Year of Hell Mega even though he is from that episode. DB is sneaky like that and Megas almost always have a twist.

Ha!! That’s classic. They can even call him “Get Off My Lawn Picard”. Or “You Kids These Days Picard”

edited June 2019
    Picard comes back to Starfleet Academy...to tell the cadets to turn their terrible music off. "Desist your cacophonous caterwauling immediately you young whippersnappers!"
    Let’s fly!
    Picard comes back to Starfleet Academy...to tell the cadets to turn their terrible music down. "Desist your cacophanous caterwalling immediately!"

I suppose he can’t tell them about the days before cell phones and the internet and stuff since it was the year 2400 something. Perhaps when he was a kid they couldn’t replicate earl grey tea or something. “I had to actually brew it myself”. And all the cadets are like “WOAH!”

edited June 2019
    You young people have it so easy. Back in my day our uniforms were so ill fitting that we had to pull our shirt down every time we stood up.
    Let’s fly!
    Picard comes back to Starfleet Academy...to tell the cadets to turn their terrible music down. "Desist your cacophanous caterwalling immediately!"

I suppose he can’t tell them about the days before cell phones and the internet and stuff since it was the year 2400 something. Perhaps when he was a kid they couldn’t replicate earl grey tea or something. “I had to actually brew it myself”. And all the cadets are like “WOAH!”

"When I was a Cadet, it took eight seconds to replicate a fully cooked 20 pound ham!"

You young people have it so easy. Back in my day our uniforms were so ill fitting that we had to pull our shirt down every time we stood up.

Ha!! He really does do that like every single time
    edited June 2019
    Cardassians captured me and made me look at lights! Bright ones! And they kept asking me how many lights there were and disagreeing with me on the number! Hmmm, looking back, perhaps it was not torture but that the Cardassians were just looking for a maths tutor. Bless them, they have far below basic arithmetic skills.
    Let’s fly!
    edited June 2019
    Cardassians captured me and made me look at lights! Bright ones! And they kept asking me how many lights there were and disagreeing with me on the number! Hmmm, looking back, perhaps it was not torture but that the Cardassians were just looking for a maths tutor. Bless them, they have far below basic arithmetic skills.

And I was so poor at that time I had to eat worms and wear a potato sack as clothes

Many on here are only HALF getting the issue. For the sake of argument, let's say DB offered a $9.99 MJLP Picard offer, like the annorax one on Monday. This wouldn't cause a commotion, because YOU ARE EXACTLY RIGHT they aren't forcing us to buy him. But as many of you others have stated (in defense of DB) that you'll still buy the pack for all three other goodies because they alone are worth the price. This is simultaneously also completely true, and the root of the anger about this whole thing. Of course it's still worth it... We know it, AND DB KNOWS IT. That is the entire point, and why it's a slap in the face. "We know you are going to buy the campaign premium track no matter what, so here's the crew you held our feet to the fire on to finally get our revenge and stick it to you."

Solid Dirk. Very solid point

edited June 2019
    And that for a $10 Monday deal I can ignore it. Another one will come next week. But for the campaign there will not be another campaign for almost a whole month. So I have to pay the $10 to get a legendary I dont need nor want to get the extra stuff in the campaign or save my money but lose out on all the premium stuff for a month.
    Let’s fly!
  • So, did we say everything that needed to be said about MJLP already?

Many on here are only HALF getting the issue. For the sake of argument, let's say DB offered a $9.99 MJLP Picard offer, like the annorax one on Monday. This wouldn't cause a commotion, because YOU ARE EXACTLY RIGHT they aren't forcing us to buy him. But as many of you others have stated (in defense of DB) that you'll still buy the pack for all three other goodies because they alone are worth the price. This is simultaneously also completely true, and the root of the anger about this whole thing. Of course it's still worth it... We know it, AND DB KNOWS IT. That is the entire point, and why it's a slap in the face. "We know you are going to buy the campaign premium track no matter what, so here's the crew you held our feet to the fire on to finally get our revenge and stick it to you."

Oh no, they gave us something that was far and away the best deal ever in the game and nerfed it a bit in its third iteration - but only for veterans - with the crew selection....that’s the worst thing ever and totally deserving of engaging the caps lock. /sarc

I had decided on not buying the premium track this month but may end up doing so anyways because of the ludicrous negativity of responses like yours.

Lol that'll show me. 😂. And FYI I'm going to be buying it too. But I can still think it's bs and post "ludicrously negative responses" about it.
This discussion has been closed.