Home The Bridge

New picard campaign

CSR _WaylanderCSR _Waylander ✭✭✭
edited June 2019 in The Bridge
I think choosing mirror Picard as the legendary might be a mistake and i also have admiral picard as well might give the premium campaign a miss this time.

Comments

• IvlainIvlain ✭✭✭✭
    It's a good way for newer players to get him. He is a beast. I have him at 3/5, I may wind up leveling a second copy.

"Admiral Picard to the airlock, please."
  • [ISA] Big McLargeHuge[ISA] Big McLargeHuge ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    you guys already gave away a free 1/5 mirror picard and had him as a mega, now this? Probably hold back the $10 this month

As it happens that mail copy is the only one I got, because that whole mega was during a game hiatus, so this works out very well for me specifically, and for newer players that never had a chance to get him. But I sense that this will not be as popular a choice as the last campaign for sure, and probably will not sell as well. Mambo or Mustketeer Picard probably would have been a more universally praised choice, even though Mirror JLP is an arguably better card than one or both of them. To me the character choices are not the only reason to buy. The other included rewards are probably still worth it.
  • [DC] Principia[DC] Principia ✭✭✭✭
    And this is how DB ends up with no incentive to provide new crew in the Campaigns: we don't like it but we'll buy it anyway.

If you don't like the crew being a 4 we've just had in an event (and so the maximum number of people are likely to have him already) and a 5 a lot of people probably have already, then don't splash out for this Campaign.
  • I think we should have had Irumodic Syndrome Picard for the 4* but steroid abuser Picard might be good enough to have 2 copies for many players.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    Is a guaranteed 5* citation worth $10? What about if it ALSO comes with lots of Honor, dilithium, chronitons, premium portal pulls, and 5* replicator rations?

If you have $10 you are willing to spend on the game, where else would you spend it if NOT here, even if you already have Gunshow Pico immortalized?!
    No. Not for us that are not big spenders.
    Let’s fly!
  • CloneClone ✭✭✭
    Thank you, DisruptorBeam! You just saved me $10 and I could not be more appreciative. The campaigns are usually far too tempting to pass up, and I've bought the last two (even though Leland is mediocre). But as a longtime player, I received all 5 stars on this Picard for free.

This would have been a harder decision if I didn't have him, but ultimately I won't spend cash on non-canon crew -- especially the Mirror TNG junk, which outright violate canon established in episodes of DS9. So thank you, again, for picking someone that saves me money.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Is a guaranteed 5* citation worth $10? What about if it ALSO comes with lots of Honor, dilithium, chronitons, premium portal pulls, and 5* replicator rations?

If you have $10 you are willing to spend on the game, where else would you spend it if NOT here, even if you already have Gunshow Pico immortalized?!

Well it does provide a little set back leland et al was crew I didn't have sure there will come times when I have the crew but choosing a mega Legendary that's pretty more risque.
    If it's themed around the new Picard show it's not like there is a short supply of legendary Picards to choose from. Mambo picard would have probably would have been a safer bet.

I'll probably still buy into it but what do I do with the 4/5 do I use the citation I was planning for someone else and instead be forced to finish him off or do I just take the hit of the pitiful ammount of honor he provides as if he was a useless blue card in a premium pack. Yes the citation is worth the 10 bucks but not if it's taken before the campaign already begins.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I'm happy. I was hoping for an crew that I had 1 star on so that I could use the citation elsewhere, This is a good second best, I have both Picards immortalised, but I'll find a good use for those citations.
  • Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    Easy pass. The campaign is very valuable but you gotta get a card out of it to make it exciting enough for a tenner. Both of these are common cards.
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya, prolly not the best choice here............. :/
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mirror Picard is still the #16 Voyager in the game.

My existing copy is currently in my Top 4 Voyagers, so while he would not have been my choice (and really, they couldn't at least go with Irrumodic Syndrome Picard??), he's definitely good enough that the investment is worth it for the duplicate copy. He damned well won't be getting the citation though.
  • [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ll likely still spend the $10 even though I have both Picards because, as @ByloBand astutely pointed out above, the rest of the goodies are worth it.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

Or we could just not spend $10 and save it for the next campaign. Really, the honor, dil, and citation are the only things that are really worth it for advanced players this time around. Are those things worth $10? I really don’t know and will probably wait until the end of the campaign to make a final decision.

All that being said, this is still a fantastic deal for players who got their start after the Mirror mega and could use him on voyages and in the gauntlet.
  • ChaoticDNAChaoticDNA ✭✭✭
    Still worth it for me, even with both FF/FE.
    Captain Bubble Bobble
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Or we could just not spend $10 and save it for the next campaign. Really, the honor, dil, and citation are the only things that are really worth it for advanced players this time around.

Since you highlight the advanced player aspect the shuttle tokens and reward multipliers should not be forgotten. Cause they are mainly of use for players with a deep squad. When I went hard in the Delta Flyer Torres event they came in good use in the shuttle portion of that hybrid and so played their part in securing me 3 copies of her.

I also would have liked a different legendary Picard, but even the way it is this Campaign compared to most other offers the value is still there...

• JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amphistaff wrote: »
    why would you now charge us $10 for a 4/5 copy?

The 10$ is not for the 4/5 alone, but also for the many other goodies included. Many find them, like the legendary citation, quite useful. If you don´t that is a different story of course...

• AbbyAbby ✭✭
    I'm not long enough in the game so this is a good opportunity for me to get Mirror Picard, and as I also missed out on Admiral Picard in his Event, I'm happy with next month's campaign.
  • The choices of picard variants really are horrible. Maybe this is an experiment to see if we will buy it with bad cards. Then they continue bad cards. Should be COP or augment picard, and irumodic picard.
  • SpukkZSpukkZ ✭✭✭
    Having started playing less than a year ago, I'm excited to finally be able to get my hands on MJLP to complement my gauntlet crew (even though I already have Kahless and Marshall Q).

I'll be throwing another tenner at DB this month it seems!
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello MASSIVE gauntlet walls of Gun Show Picard.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I came here for the outrage. I was not disappointed. I have 2/5 Gun Show Picard. I'll take the 550 honor for one extra copy.
    Farewell 🖖
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be happy with a second copy. He is on most of my voyages and most gauntlets. But I was hoping for someone new to me. My disappointment is with the potential for worse gauntlet walls.
  • I can't create a discussion yet but I'm curious after starting a faction event what is the best way to get the most vp points, sorry, I'm just dying to know. I there a certain strategy involving certain boosts or something?
This discussion has been closed.