Home The Bridge

New picard campaign

15678911»

Comments

• ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    In a few different ways, I now appreciate DB giving us the option to buy in at any point and retroactively unlock tiers:

1. No pressure up-front to do all Daily Missions, which I do anyway because this is my favorite game, but who needs pressure?

2. At Day 28, I can evaluate if the resources & airlock Honor are worth the tenner, which

3. There might be a $10 offer between Days 1-27 that is worth more to me than those resources, so my funds are not previously committed.

So, I am changing my vote from “No” to “Maybe”. Oh, wait, this isn’t a poll, is it?
    *facepalms*
    🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Picard comes back to Starfleet Academy...to tell the cadets to turn their terrible music off. "Desist your cacophonous caterwauling immediately you young whippersnappers!"

If this was the new Picard series, I would still watch it. Just sayin'.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Picard comes back to Starfleet Academy...to tell the cadets to turn their terrible music off. "Desist your cacophonous caterwauling immediately you young whippersnappers!"

Kind of a make a Golden Girls
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

If they got Kate, Bill, and Avery, too... Who wouldn't watch that?
    Farewell 🖖

You may be on to something here. And I’m glad you saw through my autocorrect to see I meant male Golden Girls. No Scott Bakula huh? Man I am really alone on this Enterprise Island aren’t I?

You may be on to something here. And I’m glad you saw through my autocorrect to see I meant male Golden Girls. No Scott Bakula huh? Man I am really alone on this Enterprise Island aren’t I?

There were four Golden Girls. Scott can join Jason, Ansen, and whoever is next on Discovery for round two. :D
    Farewell 🖖

There were four Golden Girls. Scott can join Jason, Ansen, and whoever is next on Discovery for round two. :D

He does have experience playing an older gentleman in the episode where he couldn’t make new memories

• Leaked image from the new Picard show
    ypbeir5wp2fs.jpeg
    ÷Dr. Claire Finn - Admiral of the Battleship Yamato & Founder of both the Battleship Yamato & ISS Yamato
    Leaked image from the new Picard show
    ypbeir5wp2fs.jpeg

Is that Dr. Smith? Picard calling some kid “my dear boy” and constantly saying “we’re doomed”

• Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Leaked image from the new Picard show
    ypbeir5wp2fs.jpeg

Is that Dr. Smith? Picard calling some kid “my dear boy” and constantly saying “we’re doomed”

Yeah, that’s Johnathan Harris (Dr. Zachary Smith) as Commander Gampu
    ÷Dr. Claire Finn - Admiral of the Battleship Yamato & Founder of both the Battleship Yamato & ISS Yamato
  • pbertpbert ✭✭✭
    "PicardGate 2: Electric Boogaloo" has my vote. I genuinely giggled at that, @Dirk Gunderson.

Though here's an unpopular opinion: I thought #PicardGate was overblown. Yes, I agree that players expressing their disappointment on the forum was key to getting DB to make that exchange. No, I don't agree that the hyperbole in those threads was necessary to accomplish that. No, I did not win a Mirror Inquisitor Troi during the affected event. Yes, I cited Mirror Jean-Luc Picard during the first week and therefore had no use for a 6th star on him after the Mega ended.

The fit so many forum members threw over the changed schedule that prompted the compensatory Picard was also overblown. I argued at the time that those players who didn't get to play much because they were busy seeing loved ones for Christmas that weekend but were incensed about the changed schedule keeping them from devoting more time to this game had some skewed priorities worth reconsidering. I stand by that.

The format breakdown for that Mega was:

Week 1 Galaxy
    Week 2 Faction
    Week 3 Faction/Expedition (this was the week that caused the controversy)
    Week 4 Faction/Galaxy

With all those shuttles to run, having an extra star on him gave me (and anyone else) a distinct advantage over those who didn't cite him. I do sympathize with those who paid $25 real dollars to double their star rather than those of us who cashed in Honor, but they also enjoyed that advantage throughout the Mega-an advantage they felt was worth the $25 in the first place. It was clumsily handled, yes, but ultimately just another Christmas gift I didn't want and exchanged.

Just reading this now, and have to chime in to say that I'm pretty sure you're mixing up #PicardGate and...um, BevGate (or GatesGate?)?

The free Picard was in reaction to Week 4 when there was an issue near the end effectively ending it before it was supposed to. Being a Galaxy, a lot of people had Super Rares waiting to turn in and weren't happy to end up just outside 1000 with all those left behind.

Week 3 the event was extended to end on the 26th instead of Christmas, but after the phase change on the 23rd they noticed it was actually coded to end on the 25th. The compensation was 6 more expedition tickets. People (including myself) were mad that this only exacerbated the issue of people not having time to play expeditions on the 24th or 25th & planning on making up ground on the 26th, but the line was drawn...there.

That's the short version. On a lighter note, at least DB doesn't have a 50% "Gate Rate" in megas anymore!
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps they should have created a new 90 year old Picard to honor his new show

qoj40xoqqox0.jpg
  • CSR _WaylanderCSR _Waylander ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    So this is spinach earl grey tea is it

9y3cfrmk6a7g.png

Well that does hit the spot !

4diqjpgh0jns.png
  • A bit late to the party on the forum, but seriously what are DB thinking? Using a 4* that was very recently used in an event and a Mega event freebie (granted from a while ago). I realise its not all about the character cards and I love the idea of campaigns but lets try and use some common sense. Surely using campaign unique people would bring in more money for DB?
    So this is spinach earl grey tea is it

9y3cfrmk6a7g.png

Well that does hit the spot !

4diqjpgh0jns.png

HHAAA!!!! That literally made me laugh out loud!!

Perhaps they should have created a new 90 year old Picard to honor his new show

qoj40xoqqox0.jpg

Come on. I’m supposed to take this show seriously?

• BakerbeanzBakerbeanz ✭✭✭
    The goodies on both tracks are well worth it. IMO the Campaigns are the best deal in the game, pound for pound, even if it's gradual. I already have Admiral P at 4* and don't care. He's not FE, so I'll be able to get more components for him and eventually ice em' and get 600 honor for the extra copies, as well as a 4* citation I can use on someone else. Mirror P is a beast against me in the gauntlet, I never go against him. Now it's my turn to be a beast lol. Really no need to complain, I'm sure others will be more enticing for long-time players.
  • I'm still trying to decide on buying this one. Does anyone know how much VIP you get for purchasing the premium track? That may make a difference where I spend my money.
  • WallabeeWallabee
    edited June 2019
    The extra rewards are nice, and Gun Show is useful even if I just 4/5* and freeze my spare. It's a toss up so far.
  • Synthetic CommanderSynthetic Commander ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, did we say everything that needed to be said about MJLP already?

I feel like everyone’s position is pretty well stated at this point and that nobody’s mind is going to be changed.

Many on here are only HALF getting the issue. For the sake of argument, let's say DB offered a $9.99 MJLP Picard offer, like the annorax one on Monday. This wouldn't cause a commotion, because YOU ARE EXACTLY RIGHT they aren't forcing us to buy him. But as many of you others have stated (in defense of DB) that you'll still buy the pack for all three other goodies because they alone are worth the price. This is simultaneously also completely true, and the root of the anger about this whole thing. Of course it's still worth it... We know it, AND DB KNOWS IT. That is the entire point, and why it's a slap in the face. "We know you are going to buy the campaign premium track no matter what, so here's the crew you held our feet to the fire on to finally get our revenge and stick it to you."

Oh no, they gave us something that was far and away the best deal ever in the game and nerfed it a bit in its third iteration - but only for veterans - with the crew selection....that’s the worst thing ever and totally deserving of engaging the caps lock. /sarc

I had decided on not buying the premium track this month but may end up doing so anyways because of the ludicrous negativity of responses like yours.

Thank you! More awesomes for you sir!!
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wallabee wrote: »
    I'm still trying to decide on buying this one. Does anyone know how much VIP you get for purchasing the premium track? That may make a difference where I spend my money.

500 points.
  • mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    Is it just me or does the in game reminder that you can now purchase campaigns seem abit fishy? Wonder if thats a reaction to some poor sales on the campaigns?
  • mejoyh wrote: »
    Is it just me or does the in game reminder that you can now purchase campaigns seem abit fishy? Wonder if thats a reaction to some poor sales on the campaigns?

How could anyone have predicted poor sales to such an OP selection?
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    mejoyh wrote: »

Pretty sure we had a similar one for the Spock campaign
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not that it will make any difference to certain theories floating around but the new campaign reminder is just that, a reminder, for a new campaign that has started :)

The notice about the Premium Reward Track will soon become unnecessary as the bug that could cause an issue for some players will soon be fixed.
This discussion has been closed.