Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Barren Heat - 07/11

DB AndreaDB Andrea admin
edited July 2019 in The Bridge
Event Name: Barren Heat
Event Type: Skirmish Event
Event Crew: Wrathful Kirk 5* (New), Jodmos 4* (New), and Cadet Wesley Crusher 4* (Existing)
Event Dates: Thursday 07/11 until Monday 07/15 at noon (16.00 UTC)

Ranked Reward 5*: Honored Owosekun (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 07/18.

Event Faction: n/a

Bonus crew/ships:
• high bonus: event crew
• medium bonus: variants of Kirk, B. Sisko, and Wesley Crusher.
• small bonus: crew matching at least one trait of the current battle

Ships:
• Klingon K'Vort Bird-of-Prey 2* (Existing)
• U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 4* (Existing)
• Klingon Sarcophagus 5* (Existing)
Manager of Player Experience

Comments

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ranked Reward 5*: Honored Owosekun (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 07/18.

Cool new Owo for a Disco Event next time? Interested in what "Honored" would refer to. maybe the trip to the "colony" the Red Angel made 50,000 Light Years away?

Awesome sauce. I like Skirmishes. I have the Sarcophagus Ship at 6/10. It might run the Skirmish at that.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    robownage wrote: »
    Klingon Sisko!

m15p3zsq3371.jpg

Thanx. I guess that is the 4* I did not know by name?
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    skirmish cool I could do with an honor boost. Just need a dilithium transfusion instead.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
    Klingon Sisko!

m15p3zsq3371.jpg

Yup.

Truth be told, I would love if the name could just be changed to Klingon Sisko. I hate that the search function doesn't look for personae under different names.

I wonder how hard it would be to add the tag for the real name of a disguised person? Like add "Picard" to the Search Tags for Galen and Dix? If what I am saying is clear. Not sure what to call it. But, the line of Code that says "Display this Crew if this, this, this, this, this, this, or this is typed in". {Which I know the line of code does not actually say!!!!!

• Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The crew already have invisible traits for their variants and show (dsc, voy, etc.). Would be nice, but occasionally confusing, if DB would include those two criteria in the search parameters.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    The crew already have invisible traits for their variants and show (dsc, voy, etc.). Would be nice, but occasionally confusing, if DB would include those two criteria in the search parameters.

I've wondered about that, but I always presumed a manual flagging system is probably used for that.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Variants of Sisko. What another amazing coincidence
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Klingon Sisko!

m15p3zsq3371.jpg

Yup.

Truth be told, I would love if the name could just be changed to Klingon Sisko. I hate that the search function doesn't look for personae under different names.

I wonder how hard it would be to add the tag for the real name of a disguised person? Like add "Picard" to the Search Tags for Galen and Dix? If what I am saying is clear. Not sure what to call it. But, the line of Code that says "Display this Crew if this, this, this, this, this, this, or this is typed in". {Which I know the line of code does not actually say!!!!!

It wouldn't be hard. It would just be another hidden trait added to the cards. DB has just not prioritized the work.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Klingon Sisko!

m15p3zsq3371.jpg

Yup.

Left one out Robin Hood
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, smurf yeah!

Skirmish? Love 'em.
    Jodmos? Love me some Sisko.
    Wesley? Already got him and he's ready to max out my bonuses.
    Owosekun? Been wanting her for awhile. (Wish she'd been a 4*, but whatevs).

Best of all, though, is that I'm a scant 45 schematics shy of maxing my Sarcophagus so I would really dig it if a Ships Collection became a thing.
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    This will be interesting! I have the Sarcophogus fully built, this will be my first skirmish with the 5* event ship in possesion. I am going to have to change my battle strategy.

This will be fun.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay for a skirmish and yay even more for Klingon Sisko AND only needing to un-freeze just that one Wesley next week!!!

this will be the first week since before survivor month that i don't have anybody in the queue to work on...time to get at my backlog, thanks Andrea!
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Klingon Sisko!

m15p3zsq3371.jpg

Yup.

Robin Hood is another Picard variant I always forget about and the search doesn't work on... Missed out on his bonus quite a few times
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭

There are several hidden traits: series, gender, character, rating (number of stars), organic?, bridge crew?, captain?...

They were visible in the iampicard spreadsheet.
    I do wonder the reasoning why they are invisible in search. Especially the character name.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Flemming wrote: »
    This will be interesting! I have the Sarcophogus fully built, this will be my first skirmish with the 5* event ship in possesion. I am going to have to change my battle strategy.

This will be fun.

I'm disappointed to not get a new ship, but excited to actually have the 5* ship finished. Does this mean I can choose any crew I want, as long as they're on the Sarcophagus?

Alternatively, I may just go the route I'm used to and stick to my standard attacker (the Disco). So many choices!
  • Haere LinteseregHaere Lintesereg ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay for a skirmish with an existing 5* ship! And yay for anotjer Sisko!
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭

This will be fun.

I'm disappointed to not get a new ship, but excited to actually have the 5* ship finished. Does this mean I can choose any crew I want, as long as they're on the Sarcophagus?

Alternatively, I may just go the route I'm used to and stick to my standard attacker (the Disco). So many choices!

I believe the event ship provides extra hull, it does not improve the bonus payout.
    Intentionally Left Blank

This will be fun.

I believe the event ship provides extra hull, it does not improve the bonus payout.

I believe this is correct.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flay wrote: »

Cool new Owo for a Disco Event next time? Interested in what "Honored" would refer to. maybe the trip to the "colony" the Red Angel made 50,000 Light Years away?

"Honored": most likely from the medal ceremony at Starfleet HQ at the end of season one:
    DgwVKTi.png

I was thinking this too. Thanks for posting with pic.

Love me some Skirmish. See you in the top 100. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Potential spoiler, but it’s S1 so hopefully no one is too upset. Wasn’t Owosekun honored by the Empress in the Mirror Universe and given a promotion for bringing in Lorca and Burnham? It’s been a bit since I watched it, but could it be Mirror Owo? Or Owo from the S1 finale where they all get medals? Much as I love that golden armor, I’m not looking forward to another week of failing 3/4 Terran shuttles every 3 hours for the single 1* emblem I’ll get, so I hope it’s Prime Owosekun.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barren Heat sounds like Navada.
    Flay wrote: »

"Honored": most likely from the medal ceremony at Starfleet HQ at the end of season one:
    DgwVKTi.png

Yeah. I forgot that. Probably that, then. I was thinking maybe the Luddites on Terra-whatchamacallit welcomed and honored another Luddite.