Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Barren Heat - 07/11

Comments

• GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd never battled with that Sarcophagus ship before, despite maxing it. That's one ugly mother...
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is anyone else finding it odd that the fifth ship to fight is Pike’s Enterprise and not the Sarcophagus?
  • Is anyone else finding it odd that the fifth ship to fight is Pike’s Enterprise and not the Sarcophagus?

Yes I got the same
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is anyone else finding it odd that the fifth ship to fight is Pike’s Enterprise and not the Sarcophagus?

Sarco probably in Phase Two? But, I thought usually it was the same Boss Ship each Phase.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    This was kind of more funny than irritating......

{I had had the 300 VXP Drop three times after battles.}

gnx0u8h35d1q.jpg

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • d29ofvkf1gsr.png

This feels like a lot
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
    d29ofvkf1gsr.png

This feels like a lot

The Chronitons are: 76/150/300.

I have gotten 76 twice so far, this Skirmish. Last time I was getting about 750-1000 a day.
  • 7nefijdbfg1e.png
    and they are just giving kirks away today. i wish i could trade them a better chance at wrathful Kirk
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...that feeling when you tried using the 4/4 Wesley for the first round or two of skirmishing, then realized a 1/5 Triggered Kirk is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better

giphy.gif

Truth be said I didn't even bother checking what skill he has I'd just go with kirk because

a) he's awesome
    b) skill set fits nicely around Killy, Commandant and Leland in the krayton especially as i like to line them up in order of tapping.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried the event ship, sarcophagus, that I have at 9/10 and it was doing really poorly compared to my 10/10 ISS Enterprise. I would like to see the event ships do much better. A 9/10 event ship should be equivalent to a 4/5 event legendary in a faction event and be amazing.
    Let’s fly!
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the Sarco at 10/10, and I've seen it perform with faster results than my usual T'Ong.

First strike with Conditioned La Forge and his Crit Bonus.
    Killy and Kirk both initiate at the same time, so Kirk first, then Killy with heavy damage.
    Ship Ability 1: We Come in Peace: Adds to total attack (by this time, 8 seconds have passed, and most of the time, the opponent's hull is gone)
    Ship Ability 2: Will of the Black Fleet: Negligible accuracy boost, but another heavy damage hit.
    Lastly, I have T'Kuvma for a final heavy hit, but I've never had to use it because the battle is over.

Normally on the T'Ong, I've had to use T'Kuvma in 50% of the battles.

The nice thing about the Sarco and its Hull Bonus, I was quite lazy last night while playing at the pub.

Even with a serious hit to the hull (because I wasn't paying attention) I could carry on without worry and just ride the hull damage to the end, no repairs have been needed.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Synthetic CommanderSynthetic Commander ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried the event ship, sarcophagus, that I have at 9/10 and it was doing really poorly compared to my 10/10 ISS Enterprise. I would like to see the event ships do much better. A 9/10 event ship should be equivalent to a 4/5 event legendary in a faction event and be amazing.

The event ship gives you bonus armor when you don't have a strong crew to man it, it's not about giving it bonus damage.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if people think Kirk does so well because he is a great card or because he is bonus event crew?
    Let’s fly!
    I wonder if people think Kirk does so well because he is a great card or because he is bonus event crew?

I’m still not really feeling like Kirk is making all that much of an impact for my crew/ship build in this event. The duration is what kills it for me...if normal attacks fire off once per second and Kirk improves that by 30% for only three seconds, you get about one extra attack before he goes into cooldown. Unless that is being bolstered by some heavy-duty crit rating/bonus crew, I doubt that single extra attack is really doing all that much.

Not that Jodmos or Wesley are any more useful, of course - both are evasion boosters that take 10 seconds to initialize and haven’t got much in the way of bonuses or passive skills worth writing home about. I’ll stick with Kirk and just rely on the strength of my other crew to keep battles as short as possible.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been using my maxed Sarcophagus with Kirk, Ardra, Killy and Commandant. Kirk's attack speed with Ardra's bonus mean Killy and Commandant usually finish it off 75% of the time for me. Almost every other time the ship's own abilities will take care of it if they don't. 10 seconds and out, max.
  • I’ve opened like 15 packs so far. Not one single Kirk. This is horrible
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve opened like 15 packs so far. Not one single Kirk. This is horrible

Sorry about that, somehow I was 2 for 3.
    I’ve opened like 15 packs so far. Not one single Kirk. This is horrible

Sorry about that, somehow I was 2 for 3.

I tried a fourth pack and finally got a Jodmos...I didn’t want to press my luck any further even if I had the dil to do it.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, this event just gets better and better!

In phase 1 I was having Captain freaking Kirk blowing up the Enterprise, and now in phase 2 I'm having THE Rura Penthe freaking Commandant blowing up a historical Klingon ship! Between this and having the privilege of airlocking so many Wesley Crushers, this might just be my new favorite event ever!
  • Data1001 wrote: »
    In the continuing saga of event names inspiring cheesy movies, this one kept making me think of low-budget 80s action flicks, so I thought I'd give it a fitting poster.

2ffcnhcluy8u.jpg

Awesome. It’s funny how easily an image flip can make Shatner go from “Khan!” to “You’re tearing me apart, Lisa!”
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭

the answer is - yes :)

and also because he may be the best Kirk we get until this one:

tumblr_oiy9lj5vD91vaqoiqo1_400.gif
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Data1001 wrote: »
    In the continuing saga of event names inspiring cheesy movies, this one kept making me think of low-budget 80s action flicks, so I thought I'd give it a fitting poster.
    2ffcnhcluy8u.jpg
    Gotta have a wordy, melodramatic tagline, @Data1001. My submission for your consideration:

"Science tells us that space is cold.
    Poets tell us that revenge is colder.
    But for three men at the end of the universe, there is only...

BARREN HEAT"
    Love it, Trav. I was actually going to put a tagline on there, but the image itself was already so busy, there wasn't much room for anything else. But yours is better than anything I could've come up with, in any case. :p

EDIT: Okay, your copy was too good to ignore, so I made a new version. Happy to have you on board as co-executive producer of this blockbuster motion picture.

xvvzbf41acrp.jpg

:lol: Love it!
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was checking out the leaderboard today and could not help but laugh. Shout out to whoever named themself "Kranky Kirk."

1nbo7022sdm5.png

And honorable mention to "Horta hears a who."

That's our @Automaton_2000 , right?
    Farewell 🖖