Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Storm Warning - 08/08 - ME part 1

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2019 in The Bridge
Event Name: Storm Warning
Event Type: Galaxy Event
Event Crew: Galaxy Gallivanting Vash 5* (New), Riker Q 4* (New), and Lt. Commander Airiam 4* (Existing)
Event Dates: Thursday 08/08 until Monday 08/12 at noon (16.00 UTC)

Ranked Reward 5*: Q2 (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 08/15.

Mega-Event recurring featured crew: Q as "God" 5* (New)

Event Faction: Federation, Cardassian Union, Romulan Star Empire

Bonus crew:
• high bonus: event crew and Q as "God"
• small bonus: variants of Vash, W. Riker, crew with the Q Continuum trait and crew with the Scoundrel trait.

Comments

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    b4eaci3cvvgi.jpg

God Q as recurring. Hopefully with three skills and not just cmd-dip-sec.

Q2 is Q's son.

Q2 is not the character featured in the Voyager Episode "Q2" but instead Corbin Bernsen Q.

6pbyll3y1bjo.jpg
    Let’s fly!
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    So much win in this announcement.

Mostly excited for Q as God as the recurring! I've been hoping for that since we found out the Continuum would be involved in the Mega. Thanks DB!
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    b4eaci3cvvgi.jpg

God Q as recurring. Hopefully with three skills and not just cmd-dip-sec.

0bld99qxvqme.jpg

Q2 is Q's son.

What would the Corbin Bernsen version be called then?
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    What does Q impersonating God do in that episode? What skills should we reasonably expect? Not just what skills do we want.
  • Hopeful speculation for Q as "God", CMD/MED/DIP?
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    This will be interesting: is Q2 Q Junior (from the episode Q2) or is it Corbin Bernsen Q?
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1546 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Q Junior is Q's Son. Q2 would be Corbin Bernson from "Deja Q".
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

Yes. I think that although the Episode was called "Q2", the offspring of Q and Lady Q was called "Q Junior". {And played by John DeLancey's real life son, IIRC.}

I always though Q2 was Corbin. I can't remember if he was referred as such or not in the episode.......

https://www.startrek.com/article/catching-up-with-tng-s-q2-corbin-bernsen
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    What does Q impersonating God do in that episode? What skills should we reasonably expect? Not just what skills do we want.

I would say Command {God, after all}/Diplomacy {welcomes people to "heaven" and gets them calmly settled in/Medical? {For the further events within the episode? Picard's medical history being edited and such?} But no idea what their thought process will be.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well put together mega going by the character selection and great recurring legendary. Good job DB...
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. I think that although the Episode was called "Q2", the offspring of Q and Lady Q was called "Q Junior". {And played by John DeLancey's real life son, IIRC.}

I always though Q2 was Corbin. I can't remember if he was referred as such or not in the episode.......

https://www.startrek.com/article/catching-up-with-tng-s-q2-corbin-bernsen

In the Most Wanted Ships and Crew thread, Corbin Bernson was Q2 and Q's son is Q Jr. Nothing else really makes sense. In the credits, I think Corbin Bernson was also listed as Q.

But... I was clearly wrong about the legendary vs SR's. Only took one event to prove me wrong, lol. Oh well... I may have been the first to request Q2, so you know I'll be gunning for him. ;)
    Farewell 🖖
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

Someone in another thread mentioned the famous Arthur C. Clarke quote "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic," so I'm hoping that DB takes note and gives him SCI or ENG (but not expecting it, to be honest). Beyond that, that whole episode was meant to be some sort of therapy on Picard's soul, so he should hopefully have MED.
  • Nice to have everyone getting a shot this week of a bonus crew for next event (Mintakan Riker).
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice to have everyone getting a shot this week of a bonus crew for next event (Mintakan Riker).

I looked up his stats. The bases are quite low. Mintakan Riker is "decrepit" at this point. ;)
    Farewell 🖖
  • [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, this is likely going to be a bloodbath. As much as I want the card a galaxy may be too much tapping for me.
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭

Since MED is used for counseling as well as traditional doctor stuff, I think it could be justified as God Q's primary. But my gut says it's his second or third.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...could God Q actually be the DIP-heavy mega crew we've been asking for??? Thanks as always for the warning Shan, time to start working on Quinn...and i'll start getting ready for Roger Dorn Q like

DistantEdibleIguana-small.gif
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, this is likely going to be a bloodbath. As much as I want the card a galaxy may be too much tapping for me.

Really? Unless there's a huge Q2/Bernsen sub-fandom I've never heard of, I don't see any reason this should be an especially competitive event. I certainly won't be contributing to it. I liked Q2 alright and I dig Corbin Bernsen in general (big Psych fan), but to chase him in a full Galaxy Event? Nah. Plus, Week 2 is the Skirmish, and all I gotta do is plop Q as "God" into a seat to get the full max bonus, and I'll have him by then anyway so there's no strong Week 2 payoff for having him, either.

Threshold and out for this dude.

Yeah. He was a total dork on that episode. One item and out

• [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

Really? Unless there's a huge Q2/Bernsen sub-fandom I've never heard of, I don't see any reason this should be an especially competitive event. I certainly won't be contributing to it. I liked Q2 alright and I dig Corbin Bernsen in general (big Psych fan), but to chase him in a full Galaxy Event? Nah. Plus, Week 2 is the Skirmish, and all I gotta do is plop Q as "God" into a seat to get the full max bonus, and I'll have him by then anyway so there's no strong Week 2 payoff for having him, either.

Threshold and out for this dude.

You’re right. I guess I was more thinking the mega in general and people would go all out to try to get the 5s.

We need the alt Q2 in his Indians uniform and I’m all in. We could have cheating Dorn and then Pugilist Dorn.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    BTW, here's the "Desperate Times" Advent Calendar:

2jk3xjrmzqch.jpg

1 Sorry about the 1 in Vash's "Week 1" blending in with the L in Q's "Legendary". Didn't notice that.
    2 Makes me think the previously floated theory of the 4*'s on one side and 5*'s on the other may hold some water. Guess we'll find out!
  • PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭
    Fascinating, this should be a fun mega event.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    It occurs to me that there's no obvious Threshold 2*. There are no 2* Q, Riker, Vash, or even any Scoundrels. As for the Rank 3*...

3* Variants of Featured Crew
    Expedition Vash (1 previous event)
    Florist Q (3 previous events)
    Jazz Musician Riker (4 previous events)

3* Scoundrels
    B'Etor Duras (0 previous events)
    Lursa Duras (0 previous events)
    Tailor Garak (6 previous events)