Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Storm Warning - 08/08 - ME part 1

Comments

• Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    Our prayers have been answered: Q as God has DIP, MED and SCI!

I've been running Augments shuttles since the announcement.
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    RennJaxo wrote: »

That seems like the most obvious combination - I would have been disappointed with anything else! Now hopefully Qorbin Bernsen has a fun combination too.

DIP, SEC and MED.

Riker Q is the more traditional CMD, DIP and SEC.

Very nice to see DB playing with the skills to avoid a month of CMD/DIP/SEC cards. I'm actually letting myself believe that Amanda will end up being a SCI powerhouse.

Ooo, that IS a fun combo. I don’t quite understand it, but it IS fun!
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    RennJaxo wrote: »

That seems like the most obvious combination - I would have been disappointed with anything else! Now hopefully Qorbin Bernsen has a fun combination too.

I love the name Qorbin. I'm going to call him that.

Maybe we can fuse him with Sisko’s baseball and make Roger Dorn.

It would be kinda neat if one of Qorbin’s equipment uses that item, but that might be too much of an “inside baseball” joke for some STT purists to stomach. ⚾️
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  •  Bri Bri ✭✭✭✭
    Soooo where are these stats?
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akh!! MED primary with a junk tertiary DIP? Great, even more MED without the physician trait.

No citation for you!
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flemming wrote: »
    With MED, this means that Q has nine variants, and his character is the ninth to possess all six of the game skills.

Well, he is "nearly omnipotent" after all. ;)
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  •  Bri Bri ✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Akh!! MED primary with a junk tertiary DIP? Great, even more MED without the physician trait.

No citation for you!

Speak for yourself. I'm happy to get another MED primary. And with a strong SCI secondary, he's different enough from Cornwall/Bashir to get plenty of VOY use. And with another MED crew coming here, I can use my honor to strengthen a different skill instead.

I haven’t seen any stats yet to determine the depth of his capability. They’re posting late recently
  •  Bri Bri ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    AviTrek wrote: »

No citation for you!

Speak for yourself. I'm happy to get another MED primary. And with a strong SCI secondary, he's different enough from Cornwall/Bashir to get plenty of VOY use. And with another MED crew coming here, I can use my honor to strengthen a different skill instead.

w0u7f65vazcg.png

Mega event recurring looks good. Q2, I don’t need and will take this event very lightly indeed. Not bad for those needing DIP crew though
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    So no special discount packs this mega, @Shan ?

I was salivating at all of the potential Scoundrels lol
  • Wow. So this pushes Pollard from #2 base MED to #3. Barely, but still. Lot of MED juggernauts lately, including Cheesecake Seven. Not complaining at all though.
  • CloneClone ✭✭✭

No citation for you!

Agreed. Why is there still no high-DIP mega character (other than Cornwell)? This makes 3 with high MED, none of whom have a rare combination of skills to go with that MED.

I'm feeling over-saturation with MED crew, too. I also dumped my entire hoard of chrons to get more than 1 copy of Dr Pollard, but now I'm not sure whether or not to cite Dr Pollard, or cite God Q, or neither...

It's increasingly hard to justify putting citations on ANYBODY when a slightly better character with the same primary skill comes out just a week later.
  • PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭
    Clone wrote: »

No citation for you!

Agreed. Why is there still no high-DIP mega character (other than Cornwell)? This makes 3 with high MED, none of whom have a rare combination of skills to go with that MED.

I'm feeling over-saturation with MED crew, too. I also dumped my entire hoard of chrons to get more than 1 copy of Dr Pollard, but now I'm not sure whether or not to cite Dr Pollard, or cite God Q, or neither...

It's increasingly hard to justify putting citations on ANYBODY when a slightly better character with the same primary skill comes out just a week later.

Minuet?
  • Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's how DB makes quatloos. You're not required to chase the next greatest thing. If you fuse the one you picked up a couple months ago, it's going to be at 97% of the power of a fully fused new event crew.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

No citation for you!

Minuet?

“High DIP” rather than “meh DIP” was the criteria. Her voyage DIP at 4/5* is the same as an immortal Grand Nagus Rom, which sounds good but then you remember that her COM skill is even worse and there is no third skill, while Rom has ENG and a third skill. She’s also markedly worse than Tuxedo Nog or Bridge Officer Number One, two of the other DIP-primary 4/5*s I have sitting around. Difference is that Number One is getting my next citation (unless I use one for God Q) and I would consider doing the same for Nog, while I patiently await a behold with Minuet, Shinzon, and Grilka so I can get her into the freezer and open up a slot for someone useful.

Getting back on track, I think God Q is worthy of a citation for anyone who isn’t loaded on SCI/MED crew. That’s certainly the case for me, as there is a huge fall-off after The Keeper and Mobile Doc (both 5/5*), with Crell Moset, Leonardo, and The Caretaker (also all 5/5*) the only others within 500 points for that combo (irrespective of third skills). I had planned to work on Dr. Pulaski and Juliana Tainer but Pulaski might take a back seat now that Q only needs one citation to immortalize.
    I'm very happy with Q as "God"'s stats. Once I immortalize him, which I will, he will be my best base MED and a top voyager. I say this even though I just spent a bunch of honor/citations immortalizing Dr. Pollard. I will now have a top MED primary crew with every secondary skill except engineering. So, here's hoping for a White Rabbit to pop up in my hat, or for Stranded Jett Reno to be added to the game as a legendary (and not in a Tuesday pack, please).
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm very happy with Q as "God"'s stats. Once I immortalize him, which I will, he will be my best base MED and a top voyager. I say this even though I just spent a bunch of honor/citations immortalizing Dr. Pollard. I will now have a top MED primary crew with every secondary skill except engineering. So, here's hoping for a White Rabbit to pop up in my hat, or for Stranded Jett Reno to be added to the game as a legendary (and not in a Tuesday pack, please).

I wonder if the angry people would have been less angry if Q was SCI-primary instead of MED. Happy as I am to have him, it is a little odd that we now have a third MED-primary recurring legendary while Surak stands as the only SCI-primary.

Stranded Reno in an event would be a bloodbath...which I would welcome, if she were ENG/MED/SEC, with a monster ENG proficiency to finally bridge the gap between The Caretaker and everyone else in the gauntlet.
  • Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does Vash appear to be dropping at some sort of increased rate from the packs for anyone else, or did I just use all my lottery luck up for awhile? 4/5 event packs had her in them.
    Stranded Reno in an event would be a bloodbath...which I would welcome, if she were ENG/MED/SEC, with a monster ENG proficiency to finally bridge the gap between The Caretaker and everyone else in the gauntlet.

Actually, I think I would give her a monster ENG base and a monster MED proficiency with an average tertiary SCI on the side. For gauntlet, that would make her a competitor with the Caretaker for MED-ENG combo, but not SCI-ENG, and also a competitor with Defensive Phlox and the Keeper for MED-SCI. Overall a similar voyage total to da Vinci.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Med-Sci is a very much needed voyage combo for me. Q's very high med will make him my highest med even above Cornwell and Bell Riots Bashir. This makes me happy cause I was pretty bummed when the Pollard event packs dropped no Pollards.
    Let’s fly!