Home The Bridge
Options

October Mega Event Speculation

Comments

• Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    Tenavik seems like his skillset should be a rehash of Qod, maybe switching out a tertiary SCI for CMD?

I was thinking, SCI and DIP were obvious, with him being possibly the DIP-primary many people have been hoping for. For the tertiary, they could basically shoehorn any skill into him. Or none...

Given the way he counsels people against the use of the time crystals, he could possibly have MED as a tertiary skill (DIP-SCI-MED).
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would think he would be dip-sci-sec
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    MED tertiary for more or less counseling Pike could be reasonable. I was thinking Q as "God", but stats ordered differently.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I find interesting is this

Discovery crew will provide event bonuses throughout the Mega-Event.

Does this mean that other characters from DIS which are not Discovery crew wil NOT give bonuses?
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaBlack wrote: »

Does this mean that other characters from DIS which are not Discovery crew wil NOT give bonuses?

Everyone who has appeared in the Star Trek Discovery show will give bonus not just those who are crew on the ship Discovery.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaBlack wrote: »

Everyone who has appeared in the Star Trek Discovery show will give bonus not just those who are crew on the ship Discovery.

Pretty confident you're right, but would love if @Shan could clarify.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I'm surprised all the Disco characters will get a bonus again. There are so many now, I had expected that they would limit the bonus crew somehow. I've got a whole lot of them, so perhaps it's good to be wrong!
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised all the Disco characters will get a bonus again. There are so many now, I had expected that they would limit the bonus crew somehow. I've got a whole lot of them, so perhaps it's good to be wrong!

I made the same assumption and have frozen most of the 4* Disco crew, so this could be a very expensive month, in terms of merits!
  • Options
    Per one of the game ambassadors of the official discord channel advertised here, the skilltree will be Command, Diplomacy and Science.
  • Options
    Wait, ok, so the recurrent theme of the upcoming October mega-event will be Mudd, but the recurrent legendary will be...a Klingon?! Shouldn’t the recurring crew BE Harry Mudd? Anyone else think so or whatnot?
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tenavik seems like his skillset should be a rehash of Qod, maybe switching out a tertiary SCI for CMD?
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Prepare for four weeks of tricks with our “Mudd Amuck” Mega-Event, and our October Campaign!
    As is fitting for Halloween our October Mega-Event will task players to keep up, and more importantly catch up, with the infamous trickster that everyone loves to hate: Harry Mudd. This under the watchful eye of Tenavik which will be the recurrent crew in each of these four events.

Recover the Stolen Time Crystals!
    Time crystals in the hands of Mudd are a recipe for havoc and disaster, players will have to stop at nothing to get them back.
    During these events they will encounter, and receive the assistance of, new variants of Pike, Owosekun, Po, Burnham, and Saru. It will also be the opportunity for a first contact with Vina and the mysterious Ba’ul.

Looks like we have our 9 new crew confirmed.

Seems a little too heavy on Disco characters for new crew. What if at least one of those is the new Gauntlet and/or Honor Hall character. Ba'ul could slot into Gauntlet pretty well with a massive SEC proficiency.

Given that Discovery crew are receiving bonus for the mega, having all the new crew be from Discovery means they all get event small bonus for the month.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    And another 3/4 events that are full or part faction. So when the mega ends we will have 8 / 10 faction or part faction events within 10 weeks. :s

9j1s4a6km1d1.jpeg

I don't care about the faction portion. My bigger issue is 3/4 weeks ending to with a 3/4. A hybrid + full galaxy meant that two of the weeks we got a new 4/4.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prepare for four weeks of tricks with our “Mudd Amuck” Mega-Event, and our October Campaign!
    As is fitting for Halloween our October Mega-Event will task players to keep up, and more importantly catch up, with the infamous trickster that everyone loves to hate: Harry Mudd. This under the watchful eye of Tenavik which will be the recurrent crew in each of these four events.

Recover the Stolen Time Crystals!
    Time crystals in the hands of Mudd are a recipe for havoc and disaster, players will have to stop at nothing to get them back.
    During these events they will encounter, and receive the assistance of, new variants of Pike, Owosekun, Po, Burnham, and Saru. It will also be the opportunity for a first contact with Vina and the mysterious Ba’ul.

Looks like we have our 9 new crew confirmed.

Seems a little too heavy on Disco characters for new crew. What if at least one of those is the new Gauntlet and/or Honor Hall character. Ba'ul could slot into Gauntlet pretty well with a massive SEC proficiency.

Given that Discovery crew are receiving bonus for the mega, having all the new crew be from Discovery means they all get event small bonus for the month.

It's only because they've tended to switch it up, even in the previous disco megas. That and wishful thinking for a strong SEC proficiency card.
  • Options
    Wait, ok, so the recurrent theme of the upcoming October mega-event will be Mudd, but the recurrent legendary will be...a Klingon?! Shouldn’t the recurring crew BE Harry Mudd? Anyone else think so or whatnot?

As usual, I'm sure the written storyline for the mega event will make sense with the recurring legend selected, and not Mudd.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it would be cool if we got a 2* or 3* Mudd to kick things off, then a legendary Mudd at the end.

As to the event types... I have seen plenty of complaints that we don't get enough faction events/phases to make the bonus crew useful. Now we get it and there are complaints that it's too many 3/4's. I get it. I'm not "calling anyone out" but we can't have it both ways. There will always be someone unhappy. Personally, I am happy for the change so I can use my four S31 Georgiou's more. I was on that "more faction" side. I suppose after this I might be ready for the galaxy/hybrid balance from before. We shall see how it plays out.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    I think it would be cool if we got a 2* or 3* Mudd to kick things off, then a legendary Mudd at the end.

Personally, I am happy for the change so I can use my four S31 Georgiou's more. . . .

:o
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    If Tenavik is the recurring, does that make Kenneth Mitchell the first actor to have two of his characters given such a status?
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    It is not the first time that we refer as Discovery crew providing event bonus :)
    Confirming that it refers to all current crew we have in game and that are part of Star Trek:Discovery.

Thanks Shan! Happy Almost-Friday!
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    It is not the first time that we refer as Discovery crew providing event bonus :)
    Confirming that it refers to all current crew we have in game and that are part of Star Trek:Discovery.

Have we previously confirmed that crew from Star Trek: Short Treks are considered part of Discovery for these purposes?
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get why Owosekun is getting a second variant (rarity unknown) on top of her existing 5* version when characters like Kayla Detmer only have a 4* and my favorite Dr. Culber only has a single 5*.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get why Owosekun is getting a second variant (rarity unknown) on top of her existing 5* version when characters like Kayla Detmer only have a 4* and my favorite Dr. Culber only has a single 5*.

Because Owo is slightly less ignored by the writers than Detmer, Culber, and the other minor characters?
  • Options

Because Owo is slightly less ignored by the writers than Detmer, Culber, and the other minor characters?

Pretty sure Culber wasn't ignored by the writers. Had a pretty big moment in Season 2.
  • Options

My point is that as a regular viewer, I feel like Detmer has been in more speaking scenes. I can only really recall Owo being consequential from the New Eden episode.
  • Options
    Didn't we used to be able to search the vault by ST series? Or am I just using the wrong tag(s) to search for Disco crew?
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    As AviTrek Said:

Faction Event "Crime of Last Century" - 10/03
    Hybrid Faction/Galaxy Event "One Step Behind" - 10/10
    Skirmish Event "When Words Fail" - 10/17
    Faction Event "Everywhere At Once" - 10/24

Three out of four events will require me to use honor or a citation to FF the super-rare? Ouch, DB.
  • Options
    CloneClone ✭✭✭
    I'm seeing players include Craft and Zora on the list for "All Discovery Crew" for this mega-event. These characters were on the starship Discovery, but not on the series "Star Trek Discovery". Shan's previous clarification would seem to exclude them, but,

Can we please have an official word about whether "Short Treks" characters also count as "Star Trek Discovery" characters for this mega-event?
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Short Treks give further background on characters of Discovery etc. So they are definitely a part of Star Trek: Discovery.

And since Shan said

"Confirming that it refers to all current crew we have in game and that are part of Star Trek:Discovery."

to me it is clear the Short Trek characters will give bonus as well...
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty sure Culber wasn't ignored by the writers. Had a pretty big moment in Season 2.

You got me there. There is at least one excellent Culber variant out there we could use.

My point is that as a regular viewer, I feel like Detmer has been in more speaking scenes. I can only really recall Owo being consequential from the New Eden episode.

I think all of the main crew not named Burnham, Tilly, Saru, and Tyler (or with a Captain in front of their name) have been relegated to the background a little too much for my liking. It would be nice to see them more on screen so we can have more variants...I’m good on Burnhams for a while.