Home The Bridge

October Mega Event Speculation

We had a nice little chat about the October campaign. We're also due for a mega event in October. Has there been a Halloween themed (Costumed) mega event before?

The Romantic theme has been pitched before by DB. October 19th is "Sweetest Day" (don't get me started about how we don't need a second Valentine's Day) in the US. Will DB use this as an excuse to make a Romantic mega event?

There was mention of making room for a new faction on the forum. Could the Ferengi Alliance and Traditionalists merge in October to make room for a new faction?

Will DB capitalize on their new Brat trait right away and turn it into a mega event while there is only one Brat in the game?

Are we due for a faction or species mega event? Hirogen? Klingon? Terran Empire? Andorian?

Are Short Treks scheduled for an October release that might get the attention? Is that why we got Craft and Zora?

Ok, I'll stop spitballing for now and see what you lot think will or want to happen.
Farewell 🖖

Comments

• Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Low expectations here, just a slight hope that the recurring mega legendary is good and useful. Thats all. :)

EDIT And that the mega events are not looking like that:
    Faction / Hybrid(Fac/Gal) / Faction / Hybrid(Fac/Gal). :D
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ferengi Mega with Grand Nagus Gint
  • marschallinmarschallin ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I could get behind a Gardener mega. 😆
    ETA: I think a costumed mega would be really thematic because of Halloween, and it would give bonuses to some of the coolest/best artwork characters this game has.
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could get behind a Gardener mega. 😆

Gardener, right! Thanksgiving will be as well. Us Europeans tend to forget about it, just like Baseball (Niners).
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    ETA: I think a costumed mega would be really thematic because of Halloween, and it would give bonuses to some of the coolest/best artwork characters this game has.

The challenge with "costumed" is that the trait is so haphazardly applied in the game that if you call too much attention to it, it's going to cause more frustration than excitement in the player base, I suspect. Some examples:

Niners Kira is costumed. Niners Sisko is not.
    Romulan Picard is costumed. Romulan Data is not.
    There are many more examples like this.

See my fuller post on this subject under the discussion about Colonel Q being costumed here:
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/comment/178015#Comment_178015

Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ferengi Mega with Grand Nagus Gint

If that means we finally get Leck, I am all for it.
  • Morn Mega

Recurring legendary is Mother's Day Morn with the latinum glass, new crew would include Krit, Nahsk, Hain and Larell, and the existing could be anyone with criminal or similar traits.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Criminal and Gardener megas are interesting ideas. I'm pretty thin on both, I think. The episode where Quark tries to get Morn's inheritance is pretty good. A mega event like that would be really fun. Of the two, I would lean toward Criminals.
    Farewell 🖖
    A costume or monster mega would go well with the month, but I'm still hoping we get that TOS mega event, with Scotty or McCoy as recurring Legendary.

My vote for a TOS mega with Garth as the recurring legendary still stands.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Garth?

er351mcnfxz8.png
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Garth?

er351mcnfxz8.png

Or is that Chris Gaines? Woah!!!

• IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
    I wanted to make a very obscure Psych reference with the character Garth Longmire, but I couldn't find a decent image.
    But I know you mean Garth of Izar, Dirk. And I fully support that mega. I think I brainstormed a few ideas for it with you.
    Farewell 🖖
    I wanted to make a very obscure Psych reference with the character Garth Longmire, but I couldn't find a decent image.
    But I know you mean Garth of Izar, Dirk. And I fully support that mega. I think I brainstormed a few ideas for it with you.
    Yeah, that was a pretty solid story and character list, eh? Good times...
    I wouldn't classify it as a speculation, but my hope is that TOS finally gets some mega love. Through the first fourteen megas, here are the numbers.
    5* Recurring Legendary (14 total)
    TOS 0
    TNG 6 (Subset Women Who Hooked Up With Riker: 2)
    DS9 2
    VOY 2
    ENT 1
    DIS 3

5* Featured Crew (56 total)
    TOS 5
    TNG 12
    DS9 11
    VOY 12
    ENT 5
    DSC 11

4* Featured Crew (56 total)
    TOS 12 (6 new, 6 existing) [1 new is Commander Thelin from TAS]
    TNG 23 (12 new, 11 existing)
    DS9 24 (12 new, 12 existing)
    VOY 23 (16 new, 7 existing)
    ENT 14 (6 new, 8 existing)
    DSC 16 (12 new, 4 existing)

The following have appeared twice, each time as already existing crew except where noted:
    TNG Dr. Tolian Soran
    DS9 General Martok
    DS9 Mirror Garak
    VOY Drone Seven of Nine
    ENT Arik Soong
    DSC Reinforcements Stamets (once as new, once as existing)
    DSC Section 31 Philippa Georgiou (once as new, once as existing)

I think you just made an even stronger case for the Garth of Izar mega event. And on that topic, how cool would it be for a Pike series to include an episode or two with Garth of Izar?
    Farewell 🖖
  • Zora, Craft, another Pike. It’s going to be another Disco mega.
  • robownage wrote: »
    New Eden Pike could legitimately be Costumed, so it *could* be a Costumed mega.

But I would love a First Contact-themed mega. That could yield some fun cards.

Costumed? In October?
    robownage wrote: »

That would be a great theme. And plenty of TOS potential there. Could kill two birds with one stone. They usually go to the surface disguised... three birds?
    Farewell 🖖

Costumed? In October?

Halloween?
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭

Costumed? In October?

Halloween?

Samhain? 👻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust

Costumed? In October?

Halloween?

Samhain? 👻

Never heard of this, and also Halloween is rather a nasty harassment around here. But still better than Baseball.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

Costumed? In October?

Halloween?

Samhain? 👻

Never heard of this, and also Halloween is rather a nasty harassment around here. But still better than Baseball.

Those are the two reasons Fall is the best season. Halloween and playoff baseball.

Banjo1012 wrote: »

Costumed? In October?

Halloween?

Samhain? 👻

Those are the two reasons Fall is the best season. Halloween and playoff baseball.

One has to be American to see it that way. But to be fair... my 16 years old daughter LOVES Halloween. Not sure if she even knows baseball though.