Home The Bridge
Options

October Mega Event Speculation

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Yay... more faction events?
  • Options
    Hoo boy. Couldn’t care less about Discovery so I’ll be doing the bare minimum for these events. If the recurring mega isn’t some kind of rare stats beast for SCI, ENG, or DIP and is only two skill then I might not bother at all tbh.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Haven't read through all the comments, so not sure if it's been mentioned before, but that Mudd is from the Discovery Short Treks episode The Escape Artist.

c4z0a2qnimpq.jpg

"If I had any money, I'd be sipping jippers on a beach somewhere!"

A great short trek.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Haven't read through all the comments, so not sure if it's been mentioned before, but that Mudd is from the Discovery Short Treks episode The Escape Artist.

c4z0a2qnimpq.jpg

"If I had any money, I'd be sipping jippers on a beach somewhere!"

Sipping jippers on a beach!
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Short Treks give further background on characters of Discovery etc. So they are definitely a part of Star Trek: Discovery.

And since Shan said

"Confirming that it refers to all current crew we have in game and that are part of Star Trek:Discovery."

to me it is clear the Short Trek characters will give bonus as well...

Saru and Mudd look to be from Short Treks. It wouldn't shock me if the Po variant is from Short Trek too. I'd be shocked given that to have Short Trek crew excluded.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weyoun 69 wrote: »
    'The Discovery crew will provide event bonuses throughout the Mega-Event'

What do you think?
    Does this mean Discovery bridge/ship crew, or anyone in Discovery era? L'Rell for example?

My guess is, any crew that appeared on Discovery(show), no matter if Discovery crew or not.

Hope i catched every Disco Leg and SR crew:
    EDIT: added Detmer, thx @RaraRacing

4xmo8dihzop4.jpeg

AviTrek wrote: »
    The Short Treks give further background on characters of Discovery etc. So they are definitely a part of Star Trek: Discovery.

And since Shan said

"Confirming that it refers to all current crew we have in game and that are part of Star Trek:Discovery."

Saru and Mudd look to be from Short Treks. It wouldn't shock me if the Po variant is from Short Trek too. I'd be shocked given that to have Short Trek crew excluded.

Would Short Trek crew not be a subset of Discovery crew? 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

What do you think?
    Does this mean Discovery bridge/ship crew, or anyone in Discovery era? L'Rell for example?

My guess is, any crew that appeared on Discovery(show), no matter if Discovery crew or not.

4xmo8dihzop4.jpeg

And since Shan said

Unless/Until they start doing Short Treks with the characters from the new Picard series. Then things will get a bit blurry.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

What do you think?

4xmo8dihzop4.jpeg

And since Shan said

Unless/Until they start doing Short Treks with the characters from the new Picard series. Then things will get a bit blurry.

I suspect even then, they'll simply be attached to the series the Short Trek is associated with. So, unless there's a meeting between Picard and Burnham in one of the upcoming shorts, we should be okay.
  • Options
    robownage wrote: »

What do you think?

4xmo8dihzop4.jpeg

And since Shan said

So, unless there's a meeting between Picard and Burnham in one of the upcoming shorts...

Patrick, please say 'no' to any such suggestion. I can only see a meeting of those two going the same way as when Rae met Like in SW VII. So it's already been done. No one needs this.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

And since Shan said

I agree, they would be. But others were questioning it. That's why I gave those crew as examples of why the existing Short Treks are likely considered part of Discovery right now.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rainn Wilson looks like a bobble-head on that tiny body.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    On whether Short Treks are all Discovery:

The upcoming Short Treks look to have at least one mini-episode with the crew of the USS Enterprise under Captain Pike, after Discovery's disappearance into the future. That may well prove to set up something on Discovery, or it may not. I know many of us would love to see that lead to a whole new show. The three lead characters -- Pike, Number One, Spock -- are all played by excellent actors. Pike's 5-year mission has plenty of potential.

But for the game, it looks like Shan's list includes Returning Craft and Zora, so that answers that question.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    It just occurred to me that Stranded Jett Reno is not in this mega event. That's a bummer. I was truly looking forward to that ENG/MED combo. I don't know if I want her to be in a Tuesday pack or not. Yes because I just want the card. No because I hate Tuesday packs and want a chance to get her in an event or those guaranteed event deals.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    It just occurred to me that Stranded Jett Reno is not in this mega event. That's a bummer. I was truly looking forward to that ENG/MED combo. I don't know if I want her to be in a Tuesday pack or not. Yes because I just want the card. No because I hate Tuesday packs and want a chance to get her in an event or those guaranteed event deals.

Let me answer for you. NO, we do not want her in a Tuesday pack. Please introduce her in an event.

Very well. You convinced me. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    A time travel themed mega??

A Perfect reason / excuse to introduce Discovery Janeway!!!!

The mega event crew is pretty well established. But! she could be Tuesday pack material.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Castell-NeathCastell-Neath ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

The mega event crew is pretty well established. But! she could be Tuesday pack material.

I hope so!! I'd buy my first ever Tues pack if so
  • Options

For myself, I would like a new Picard from his trailer or poster slipped somewhere into the mega.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options

For myself, I would like a new Picard from his trailer or poster slipped somewhere into the mega.

That would be acceptable, but I would prefer his own teaser event and his own mega when the series comes out.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    edited September 2019

That would be acceptable, but I would prefer his own teaser event and his own mega when the series comes out.

That's good too. I am tired of waiting for the new Picard show so I need a taste. As Discovery and Picard series will be running new eps I think after the first Picard mega event DB will tie the two series together in mega events. If such is the case then DB might as well start now.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭

What do you think?

4xmo8dihzop4.jpeg

You're missing 5* Kung Fu Sarek.
  • Options
    Proont wrote: »

What do you think?

4xmo8dihzop4.jpeg

You're missing 5* Kung Fu Sarek.

4ns3pwf8s5fs.gif
    Let’s fly!