Home The Bridge
Options

October Mega Event Speculation

Comments

• Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems everyone is forgetting about ol' Mirror Picard, a top notch mega event 5* ...

- usable in Gauntlet (though I never do anymore, even when he has bonuses)
    - blazing voyage stats ... still my #1 overal voyager in total stats (4097 with bonuses) after all this time
    - solid base stats, not great but with bonuses pretty decent
    - decent skill set
    - good selection of traits
    - event potential up the wahzoo
    - we even got a 5th copy ... cough, ahum

My rankings
    Great
    Borg Queen, Mirror Picard, Cornwell, Surak, Q, Janeway

Good
    Ru'afo, Bashir, Etana

Okay
    Kortal, Kol, Thrax, T'Kuvma (he's the only one I've not immortalised - great for Skirmish events though) - just too much of the same.

Duds
    Minuet
  • Options
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    Seems everyone is forgetting about ol' Mirror Picard, a top notch mega event 5* ...

- usable in Gauntlet (though I never do anymore, even when he has bonuses)
    - blazing voyage stats ... still my #1 overal voyager in total stats (4097 with bonuses) after all this time
    - solid base stats, not great but with bonuses pretty decent
    - decent skill set
    - good selection of traits
    - event potential up the wahzoo
    - we even got a 5th copy ... cough, ahum

My rankings
    Great
    Borg Queen, Mirror Picard, Cornwell, Surak, Q, Janeway

Good
    Ru'afo, Bashir, Etana

Okay
    Kortal, Kol, Thrax, T'Kuvma (he's the only one I've not immortalised - great for Skirmish events though) - just too much of the same.

Duds
    Minuet

Anyone who has ever been in a Gauntlet with me and used Surak should classify him as great. That [redacted] will crit and beat whoever I run against him. It could be MED/SEC, two skills he doesn't even have, and he'd still have a decent chance of beating my Mirror Phlox. You don't even know how many times your Suraks have busted up my streaks of 3 or prompted me to spend 850 merits trying to generate a match I'm willing to take. I hate Surak and I hate each and every one of you who has thrown yours at me and I hate the Gauntlet and I hate this game.
  • Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    Which ever recurring they choose, I'm hoping they fill the DIP skill. All the other skills have been covered. The only Primary DIP card was Minuet.... and we can all agree shes terrible....

I know that we already have Sato in the campaign (and drunk troi though I would put her in the same bucket as Minuet...). But a strong 3 skilled DIP primary character would really be appreciated.
  • Options
    RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gorkon would have fit all of the mega character credentials, I think. Maybe Azetbur could be a future one.
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    RennJaxo wrote: »
    Gorkon would have fit all of the mega character credentials, I think. Maybe Azetbur could be a future one.

Sadly, Gorkon is already in the game. To be fair, we’ve already had 3 megas where Klingons were the event crew. Can’t we mix it up a bit better?
  • Options
    AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    Navarch wrote: »
    RennJaxo wrote: »

Sadly, Gorkon is already in the game. To be fair, we’ve already had 3 megas where Klingons were the event crew. Can’t we mix it up a bit better?

And zero Romulans!

Still hoping for Koval, or possibly that imposter Lovok
  • Options
    marschallinmarschallin ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Just released. Looks like the recurring is someone I never heard of—Tenavik—presumably a Disco character. Just hope he has good stats.
  • Options
    pretty cool looking character, but WOW did I cringe when they started talking about TIME CRYSTALS... REALLY?? Go find a time crystal and now you can time travel... give me a break.
  • Options
    NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NivenFres wrote: »

Thanks for the link! I was like how did y’all know that? Looks like no pure galaxy event for a while. And shuttles overflowing with bonus crew

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prepare for four weeks of tricks with our “Mudd Amuck” Mega-Event, and our October Campaign!
    As is fitting for Halloween our October Mega-Event will task players to keep up, and more importantly catch up, with the infamous trickster that everyone loves to hate: Harry Mudd. This under the watchful eye of Tenavik which will be the recurrent crew in each of these four events.

Recover the Stolen Time Crystals!
    Time crystals in the hands of Mudd are a recipe for havoc and disaster, players will have to stop at nothing to get them back.
    During these events they will encounter, and receive the assistance of, new variants of Pike, Owosekun, Po, Burnham, and Saru. It will also be the opportunity for a first contact with Vina and the mysterious Ba’ul.

Looks like we have our 9 new crew confirmed.
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    is the two factions and no galaxy a typo? I mean, I'm more than happy to not have a galaxy event, but given copy/paste issues in the past, wonder if this is one of those issues.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tenavik? Oh great. It's the Klingon wizard who runs around Klingon Hogwarts being mystical. That was the weakest part of Disco Season 2 for me, and it totally fails to work for continuity of the series.

In TNG, the monks of Boreth cloned Kahless from his DNA, faking that the real Kahless had returned from Sto-vo-kor. Worf, who was studying there, saw through it. He later returned to study there after the destruction of the Enterprise-D, where he learned from the clerics' wisdom.

But now, because of DISCO's writers, it turns out they're actually masters of time, thanks to their not-so-secret horde of mystical time crystals that, for some reason, the Klingons never used to their military advantage. Why clone Kahless if you can just go back in time to see him -- and bring him with you to the present? Why allow Praxis to explode if you can just go back in time to fix it? Why not travel through time to pick up some better weapons to bring the Federation into total submission? The opportunities are limitless for exploit of this new magic. (And that's what it was, if you watch the episode. Magic.) And, of course, somehow Worf never saw anything to learn about these crystals, either.

I don't blame DB for using this character -- if you're into wizards, he's super cool -- but I do blame the writers of DISCO for this ridiculous plot device and derivative character. I love Harry Potter, but he doesn't belong in Star Trek.

It had a cool plot for Pike. It brought L'Rell and Tyler back to Boreth. The episode wasn't totally bad. But Decker's rant combined with the name "time crystals"... well... it was mostly bad, lol.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boy, seems like Harry Mudd woulda been a perfect fit for a recurring. Shame they must not have the rights to Roger C. Carmel.
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tenavik? Oh great. It's the Klingon wizard who runs around Klingon Hogwarts being mystical. That was the weakest part of Disco Season 2 for me, and it totally fails to work for continuity of the series.

In TNG, the monks of Boreth cloned Kahless from his DNA, faking that the real Kahless had returned from Sto-vo-kor. Worf, who was studying there, saw through it. He later returned to study there after the destruction of the Enterprise-D, where he learned from the clerics' wisdom.

But now, because of DISCO's writers, it turns out they're actually masters of time, thanks to their not-so-secret horde of mystical time crystals that, for some reason, the Klingons never used to their military advantage. Why clone Kahless if you can just go back in time to see him -- and bring him with you to the present? Why allow Praxis to explode if you can just go back in time to fix it? Why not travel through time to pick up some better weapons to bring the Federation into total submission? The opportunities are limitless for exploit of this new magic. (And that's what it was, if you watch the episode. Magic.) And, of course, somehow Worf never saw anything to learn about these crystals, either.

I don't blame DB for using this character -- if you're into wizards, he's super cool -- but I do blame the writers of DISCO for this ridiculous plot device and derivative character. I love Harry Potter, but he doesn't belong in Star Trek.

It had a cool plot for Pike. It brought L'Rell and Tyler back to Boreth. The episode wasn't totally bad. But Decker's rant combined with the name "time crystals"... well... it was mostly bad, lol.

is this better or worse than Disco season 1 somehow giving the force a "mycelial network" to star trek?
  • Options

is this better or worse than Disco season 1 somehow giving the force a "mycelial network" to star trek?

Worse. Because Lucius Malfoy Lorca wasn't in season 2.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Weyoun 69Weyoun 69 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    So...pretty much a Disco Mega then. I managed to get most, if not all disco crew they put out, thinking this was a matter of time (crystals!) before there was another one of these!

Not the best choice of recurring, plus its another Klingon! (sort of). I liked the stuff this created with Pike, but the time crystals rubbish had me shaking my head for the reasons @Matt_Decker points out.

Least we all get to look forward to a new Burnham...….I say with sarcasm, but …..she's be another overpowered crew I suppose!

For a Mega to get excited for, this is meh.
  • Options
    Wow I could not be more underwhelmed.
  • Options
    And another 3/4 events that are full or part faction. So when the mega ends we will have 8 / 10 faction or part faction events within 10 weeks. :s

9j1s4a6km1d1.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    And another 3/4 events that are full or part faction. So when the mega ends we will have 8 / 10 faction or part faction events within 10 weeks. :s

9j1s4a6km1d1.jpeg

The next full galaxy will be brutal. Brutally brutal.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    First thoughts don't make Vina like Minuet
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options

'The Discovery crew will provide event bonuses throughout the Mega-Event'

What do you think?
    Does this mean Discovery bridge/ship crew, or anyone in Discovery era? L'Rell for example?
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Weyoun 69 wrote: »

What do you think?
    Does this mean Discovery bridge/ship crew, or anyone in Discovery era? L'Rell for example?

My guess is, any crew that appeared on Discovery(show), no matter if Discovery crew or not.

Hope i catched every Disco Leg and SR crew:
    EDIT: added Detmer, thx @RaraRacing

4xmo8dihzop4.jpeg

•SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Duplicate...ignore me
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Tenavik seems like his skillset should be a rehash of Qod, maybe switching out a tertiary SCI for CMD?
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Prepare for four weeks of tricks with our “Mudd Amuck” Mega-Event, and our October Campaign!
    As is fitting for Halloween our October Mega-Event will task players to keep up, and more importantly catch up, with the infamous trickster that everyone loves to hate: Harry Mudd. This under the watchful eye of Tenavik which will be the recurrent crew in each of these four events.

Recover the Stolen Time Crystals!
    Time crystals in the hands of Mudd are a recipe for havoc and disaster, players will have to stop at nothing to get them back.
    During these events they will encounter, and receive the assistance of, new variants of Pike, Owosekun, Po, Burnham, and Saru. It will also be the opportunity for a first contact with Vina and the mysterious Ba’ul.

Looks like we have our 9 new crew confirmed.

Seems a little too heavy on Disco characters for new crew. What if at least one of those is the new Gauntlet and/or Honor Hall character. Ba'ul could slot into Gauntlet pretty well with a massive SEC proficiency.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weyoun 69 wrote: »

What do you think?

My guess is, any crew that appeared on Discovery(show), no matter if Discovery crew or not.

Hope i catched every Disco Leg and SR crew:

ntfal1aedpav.jpeg

good overview ... you are missing Keyla Detmer in the 4* list.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    more does not mean good, that's where the logic lies

More certainly does mean good if I get a free 4/5 legendary every mega and can buy discount packs during the month.

That was a great episode and it was tied to Pike and tos. The reason people do not grab time crystals is as we have seen it comes at great cost.
    In taking the time crystal Pike was put on a temporal path that assured his accident and unimaginable horror and pain.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope the new Po is a jury rigger.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    robownage wrote: »
    Tenavik seems like his skillset should be a rehash of Qod, maybe switching out a tertiary SCI for CMD?

I was thinking, SCI and DIP were obvious, with him being possibly the DIP-primary many people have been hoping for. For the tertiary, they could basically shoehorn any skill into him. Or none...