Home The Bridge
Options

October Mega Event Speculation

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    robownage wrote: »
    New Eden Pike could legitimately be Costumed, so it *could* be a Costumed mega.

But I would love a First Contact-themed mega. That could yield some fun cards.

Costumed? In October?

Halloween?

Samhain? 👻

Never heard of this, and also Halloween is rather a nasty harassment around here. But still better than Baseball.

Those are the two reasons Fall is the best season. Halloween and playoff baseball.

One has to be American to see it that way. But to be fair... my 16 years old daughter LOVES Halloween. Not sure if she even knows baseball though.

vhycbykw00o0.jpeg

So that's a baseball costume :)
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

Costumed? In October?

Halloween?

Samhain? 👻

Never heard of this, and also Halloween is rather a nasty harassment around here. But still better than Baseball.

Those are the two reasons Fall is the best season. Halloween and playoff baseball.

One has to be American to see it that way. But to be fair... my 16 years old daughter LOVES Halloween. Not sure if she even knows baseball though.
    vhycbykw00o0.jpeg

Adults do not wear costumes on Halloween here. Even for Carnival it became uncommon throughout the last decades. Basically I think we lack the dedication and motivation.

Soccer and skiing are the only sports that count where I live.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    A year or two ago, I suggested a Harvest or Autumn theme for October, but even that excludes half the planet. 🌎
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    A year or two ago, I suggested a Harvest or Autumn theme for October, but even that excludes half the planet. 🌎

But most of that half is populated with plankton and sharks and things. They’ll get along just fine. :tongue:
  • Options

Costumed? In October?

Halloween?

Samhain? 👻

vhycbykw00o0.jpeg

Adults do not wear costumes on Halloween here. Even for Carnival it became uncommon throughout the last decades. Basically I think we lack the dedication and motivation.

Well I can tell you that me being considered an adult is very questionable

We went trick-or-treating a few years back and one house handed out a free beer to every parent that was dressed up. It was Red Dog, so we of course let someone else actually drink it, but it’s the thought that counts.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Costumed? In October?

Halloween?

Samhain? 👻

vhycbykw00o0.jpeg

We went trick-or-treating a few years back and one house handed out a free beer to every parent that was dressed up. It was Red Dog, so we of course let someone else actually drink it, but it’s the thought that counts.

Yes I get that all the time too. I politely decline. In my mind I’m thinking dude, I’m with my kid here. I’m a little more responsible than that

• Options

Costumed? In October?

Halloween?

Samhain? 👻

vhycbykw00o0.jpeg

Yes I get that all the time too. I politely decline. In my mind I’m thinking dude, I’m with my kid here. I’m a little more responsible than that

Maybe it’s a Wisconsin thing, because I put it in the spare candy bag and we took it home. :)

The other awesome thing we saw that year was the older couple that had a cotton candy machine instead of bags of candy from the store.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Costumed? In October?

Halloween?

Samhain? 👻

vhycbykw00o0.jpeg

Maybe it’s a Wisconsin thing, because I put it in the spare candy bag and we took it home. :)

The other awesome thing we saw that year was the older couple that had a cotton candy machine instead of bags of candy from the store.

Bringing it home for later sounds pretty responsible to me. That cotton candy thing sounds cool! There’s so much of the same old stuff every Halloween. I bet the kids loved that

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    For the october mega provided that it starts Oct. 3 then it will be tied to New Eden Pike, by Discovery theme or by a trait theme that Pike has. If we look at the Discovery Pike we do have and look at his traits we can take some guesses provided both Pikes will share the trait.

m2x6v5j35kzz.png

Of these traits I think the most likely would be Explorer especially since Explorer very well describes the New Eden episode. So for my October Mega guess I am going with an Explorer Mega.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may be on to something. I was going to jokingly say Human mega if we are going by traits, but decided against it. But that got me to thinking about species traits. Technician Rom is considered Bajoran since he works for them, but many other crew work for different races but get no credit.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may be on to something. I was going to jokingly say Human mega if we are going by traits, but decided against it. But that got me to thinking about species traits. Technician Rom is considered Bajoran since he works for them, but many other crew work for different races but get no credit.

Rom was also married to a Bajoran and I think he also had a traditional Bajoran wedding and he wore the Bajoran earpiece.

I think Explorer was mentioned in a previous DB player poll. I'm all for the idea. Hopefully TOS gets some love since they were the original explorers. (Sorry DS9, you didn't explore much besides the wormhole and the holodeck.)

I think a fun recurring legendary would be The Traveller (new variant), Kirk, Spock, just about anyone from Enterprise, or (oddly) Neelix or Riker. Those seemed to be the most enthusiastic about exploring that come to my mind.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    An explorer mega would be good. Going off of Pike, another thing that might be neat is a “captain” mega.

Probably not, because there are too many Kirk/Picard/Janeway variants, but it would be nice to give Captain Bateson owners something to get excited about!
  • Options
    An explorer mega would be good. Going off of Pike, another thing that might be neat is a “captain” mega.

Probably not, because there are too many Kirk/Picard/Janeway variants, but it would be nice to give Captain Bateson owners something to get excited about!

Funny you say that since Captain Morgan* Bateson debuted as the 5* in "The Captain's Oath", an event in which all Starfleet Captains were bonus crew.

*I still haven't decided if using his first name so he's Captain Morgan is cute and possibly an allusion to Cheers, or insensitive trolling of Kelsey Grammer's well known history of alcoholism.
  • Options
    Christopher Pike has the Explorer and Tactician traits. If New Eden Pike also has both, then Tactician could also be on the table. Silva La Forge and Captain Lorca both share that trait combo. I'm definitely not going to jump the gun citing them up.

I've been considering DF Paris for citations. He's a tactician. I guess I'd rather see that trait for the mega if they both happen to be on the table.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Maybe it'll be an Eden themed mega. Space hippies! Nimbus III ambassadors! "Adam and Eve Expelled from Paradise" owner Spock!

...I'm out of canonical ideas.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it'll be an Eden themed mega. Space hippies! Nimbus III ambassadors! "Adam and Eve Expelled from Paradise" owner Spock!

That would be fun. I would love a zany mega event.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options

Pike mentioned something of Adam and Eve in the original pilot. Add in another version of Vina?
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    IvlainIvlain ✭✭✭✭

16mvdg3q8wol.png
  • Options
    Is it really a requirement that Pike traits be related to the mega theme? As in, he could be event crew for the first mega event but not the rest of them, which could still be the costumed trait?
  • Options
    Is it really a requirement that Pike traits be related to the mega theme? As in, he could be event crew for the first mega event but not the rest of them, which could still be the costumed trait?

That's possible and there's definitely precedent. It's just that the community seems quite put off when it happens. I loved the Q mega because whoever we got for legendaries could be useful in the following events in the mega.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet DB regrets training us to expect one of these every other month.

Or, do you think a mega is actually easier to plan than the 2 or 3 new events they would have had during the month?
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    would love if DB only ran 4 megas (once a quarter) rather than every month. Would be even happier if it was less.

It'll probably be a discovery mega
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    would love if DB only ran 4 megas (once a quarter) rather than every month. Would be even happier if it was less.

But why? Do you dislike free 4/5s?

For me each month could be a mega month. :)
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The theme is the key. If the mega theme doesn’t excite you it could be a month of disinterest to you. If you like the theme it could be a great month
  • Options
    I can see wanting them less frequently to make them more special. But then what if you don't like the theme? That's 4 months without that excitement. I wonder if the writers get excited about writing a more intricate story. Could that have driven the decision for every other month?
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options

Yup, they've gone from having the wow factor, to the "oh, this again"