Home The Bridge
Options

Feedback request: in-game bonuses to enhance gameplay

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
Hi all,

On top of working on bug fixes and quality of life improvements, we are also looking into new ways to enhance gameplay.

We know that Starbase Rooms have been well received and provide an array of useful bonuses. Our goal would be to include additional ways to provide gameplay bonuses via another system.

But first we would like to hear from you! What kind of bonuses you would find the most useful and why?

Please stay on the topic at hand and be concise but feel free to add specific context to explain your choice.

We are looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this, thank you!

Comments

• Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    Sticking strictly with bonuses, rather than general enhancements:
    - extra cadet tickets each day
    - voyage anti-matter boosts (fleet and/or personal boosts, just like skill boosts)
    - voyage revivals tokens (really help people chase the voyage-exclusive crew)

In terms of how these bonuses could potentially be acquired:
    - weekly goals (similar to dailies, but to be done within a week)
    - revised squadron rewards from events
    - new fleet rewards from events

Love the ideas of HOW to obtain the rewards. Squadron rewards are so laughable no one except maybe the very newest of players would notice them.

I'd love to see additional things brought into Arena or voyages. Arena in particular is very stale, I like the schematic rewards but it would be fun if there were additional goals such as reaching rank 1 or rank 1 in all three divisions simultaneously or biggest crit or most damage dealt in X amount of time. The latter two would incentivize some creativity and experimentation in arena rather that running the one ship that mathematically works the best.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Some ideas for consideration:

Potential bonuses:
    • additional cadet tickets
    • additional antimatter for a voyage
    • chroniton bonus (one percent bump in winning from a voyage, etc.)
    • additional seat on a voyage (Operations)
    • Boosted skills for certain crew for voyages
    • One time per voyage, select the dilemma you face
    • refresh gauntlet crew (without using dilithium)
    • shuttle time reduction (maybe if shuttle includes featured event crew, but not for small bonus crew)
    • Refresh a behold or begold (so you get three new choices)
    • Behold of legendary ship schematics
    • Boost to starship stats

Ways to gain/earn bonuses:
    • Faction points (finally a use for those faction points after you achieve honored status)
    • Completion of episodes on elite and epic levels
    • assignment of additional bonuses for use of event crew (in voyages, etc.)
    • assignment of additional bonuses (for a limited time) for use of crew associated with a featured faction, or with a particular trait (unrelated to the weekend event)
    • Captain level or VIP level
    • Fleet or squad rank
    • Scans with certain crew at certain locations
    • Starship collections

Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    The option of new starbase rooms to share crew amongst the fleet for usage in voyages/shuttles/etc for passive leveling or allowing fleet to contribute components/equipment towards leveling crew.

Adding legendary citations as rare voyage rewards would minimize some of the endgame honor crunch.

Adding new dilemmas would add additional enjoyment as well.
  • Options
    An idea I have been throwing around that may not be the easiest to implement would be to have a skill boost equipment that can only be equipped to one crew at a time. It could be for a single skill, or all, could apply to both base and/or proficiency. I think there should be a very small number of these if there are more than one and if there are more than one the subsequent ones will be much harder than the first to acquire (i.e. first from a starbase room, subsequent from collections or other harder achievement). This will allow player to choose where to use it, boost an event crew, a voyage or gauntlet. I think the most interesting use would be gauntlet where there are little differences in match ups anymore and if you can choose a crew to boost it would add to the strategy. I understand that locking the equipment to the gauntlet round may not be easy since that interlock is not present in game. A possible solution is just have proficiency boost equipment(s).

An interesting option as well could be that there is a starbase room or achievement, collection to receive the equipment and then the equipment boost can be leveled by crafting that gets increasingly harder.

I think there many exciting superpower equipment items in the star trek universe that would fit the bill:
    i.e.
    Tox Uthat, Varon-T Disruptor, Stone of Gol, ressikan flute
    among many others
  • Options
    I have a simple request: Bring back the ads in Time Portal with the extra shuttles boosts and the double rewards-boosts. I know it costs money, but back-to-back faction events have depleted all my boosts, but the basic ones I use for kickstarter. And sometimes you just don't get the ranked reward you want out of a shortage of enough boosts.
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    So I am reiterating that this thread is not about adding new rooms to Starbase or QoL improvements unless there is a QoL in-game bonus you can think of.

So asking for a revamp of this or that is not relevant to this thread, and not as helpful.

Thank you.

In your OP it reads that additional rewards were on the table so what exactly do you have in mind? Any examples?
  • Options
    Replace the Replicator rations in the voyage drop table with citations. Easy table update that would make everyone happy.
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    As some others have already stated - an Antimatter bonus for Voyages would be nice. Maybe as reward(s) for completing a specific number of ships...
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Replace the Replicator rations in the voyage drop table with citations. Easy table update that would make everyone happy.

This! One-star citations, please!
    They're not available in the honor hall.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Holoemitters dropping in Gauntlet would be something to consider. It would entice people who need Starbase upgrades to play gauntlet more.

As has been suggested before, some of the "STT year 1" Gold crews dropping as rewards in Voyages. I was thinking at least past the 12 hour mark to get them.

Time portal drops and/or crew drops in scans (mostly to help achieve more honor).

1x Premium EVENT PORTAL drops in various reward areas of the game.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ren~ wrote: »
    So I am reiterating that this thread is not about adding new rooms to Starbase or QoL improvements unless there is a QoL in-game bonus you can think of.

So asking for a revamp of this or that is not relevant to this thread, and not as helpful.

Thank you.

In your OP it reads that additional rewards were on the table so what exactly do you have in mind? Any examples?

I said that it would be another system, not Starbase Rooms, that would provide said bonuses.
    If I had other details/examples to provide I would have done so :)
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ren~ wrote: »

Thank you.

I said that it would be another system, not Starbase Rooms, that would provide said bonuses.
    If I had other details/examples to provide I would have done so :)

A fleet shipyard to upgrade/build ships is an example of "another type of bonus provider via another system" :smiley:
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bonus AM is the obvious one here. For me and many others extending the length of our voyages is the goal behind most of our strategic decision making. For the most part we now do 10hr voyages regularly and just adding slightly better crew isn't really having a big effect on getting us to 12hrs. So I would be in favour of any boosts that could either increase crew voyage scores or add anti matter. Importantly this is about extending without refreshes as the goal is to have long voyages without any refreshes or token use.

Perhaps increase honor gain from crew dismissal by x% or a flat number. Anything that increases honor gain is good.

More crew slots is another obvious one so any gameplay mechanism to get more will be highly popular.

Older legendary crew is another option. I'd love to see older crew moved into cheaper or gameplay rewarded packs that enabled us to make older crew semiuseful without impacting on the gameplay demands to cite useful crew.
This discussion has been closed.