Home The Bridge
Options

Feedback request: in-game bonuses to enhance gameplay

Comments

• Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    For me the best rewards would be honor, citations and/or old legendaries :)
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Sticking strictly with bonuses, rather than general enhancements (the WHAT):
    - extra cadet tickets each day
    - voyage anti-matter boosts (fleet and/or personal boosts, just like skill boosts)
    - voyage revival tokens (really help people chase the voyage-exclusive crew)
    - honor... lots of honor
    - alternative ways to get old 5* crew (added to standard portal, voyages, gauntlet, cryo-stasis collections, or some new way)

In terms of how these bonuses could potentially be acquired (the HOW):
    - weekly goals (similar to dailies, but to be done within a week)
    - revised squadron rewards from events
    - new fleet rewards from events
    - new and expanded cryo-stasis collections
    - new personal achievements
    - revised gauntlet rewards

EDIT: added a few more to my original list
  • Options
    • Passive chroniton regeneration rate (I can dream)
    • Citation reward at a certain threshold of crew airlocked (i.e. direct exchange rate: you airlock X purples for a purple citation)
    • Honour rewards tied to your participation in your fleet or other measures of player loyalty
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, so just the bonuses, not the source...

1. Bonus on honor aquisition
    2. Permanent discounts in the Honor Hall
    3. Bonus on antimatter
    4. Bonus on the recall duration of voyages
    5. Bonus on ingame Dil aquisition
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Hey all. First post on here.
    So pulling together a few different ideas, here's what I'd suggest:

A lot of us have gotten Honored status with all the different factions, so faction points no longer serve any purpose. How about when you've reached Honored status, any further faction points you get from that faction can be used toward Voyage Bonuses? It could work similarly to the Starbase, in that you trade in a certain number of faction points to get certain bonuses. (Maybe you call it the Shipyard, as has been suggested above.)

For example:
    +1% starting anti-matter per level
    +1% to final chroniton total per level
    +1% final honor total per level
    +1% chance of rare/super rare character drop per level

Thanks for asking, Shan,

MonArk

I like this. Outside of events and dailies, I have little incentive to constantly run shuttles.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Shan wrote: »
    Ren~ wrote: »
    So I am reiterating that this thread is not about adding new rooms to Starbase or QoL improvements unless there is a QoL in-game bonus you can think of.

So asking for a revamp of this or that is not relevant to this thread, and not as helpful.

Thank you.

In your OP it reads that additional rewards were on the table so what exactly do you have in mind? Any examples?

I said that it would be another system, not Starbase Rooms, that would provide said bonuses.
    If I had other details/examples to provide I would have done so :)

I may be stealing this idea from Star Trek Online, but what about a "colony world" or something like that? Basically a retread of the starbase concept, but you build up your colony to provide stat bonuses.

Separate from that, maybe grant 1 free crew slot as a reward when you've 3-starred an entire episode or distress call (all missions on all difficulties).
  • Options
    My suggestion for other Bonus delivery methods would be Player Bonuses:
    -Rank within Fleet: Captain, Officer, Admiral (pays off for players work in maintaining and running a fleet and encourages players to participate more heavily in fleet culture)

-Player/Captain assigned background in the fields of: Engineering, Tactical, Medical, etc... (could be a F2P, with purchasable upgrades)
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ship collections, possibly one for each star level. The collection bonus is starting antimatter boost.
    Scans finding lost or stranded crew at certain locations.
    Achievement rewards for honoring factions, clearing galaxy map, and cadet challenges.
    The Honor Machine. Anything unwanted can be dumped into it and converted to honor, including the over 100,000 useless schematics I have. It would be nice to make use of the tons of things I have accrued over my STT life that I will never be able to use.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    QOL: I'd like to see 10-of-a-token condense into one 10x. Because getting rid of that many single tokens is a nightmare.
    Ships: I'd like to see a bonus for the "right" crew on a ship. Cardassians fly a cardassian ship better than tourists.
    I'd like to see ship traits reflected better on missions. Explorers are more efficient with dilithium. Battleships enhance the security stat a bit.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Admiral Janeway bonus. Reduced recall time for voyages. If it is based around collections then have a voyager crew collection.

• Options
    LET US ROLL 10 1X PORTALS INTO A 10X PORTAL, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD
  • Options
    My thought is to "employ" crew in similar roles, that they hold In DS9.
    Quark crew is used as a bar tender, after a period time he is paid for his work.
    Likewise Odo is security officer, employ him for shift and receive a bonus payment. Go a bit further and use him to resolve a crime/mystery/ conduct an investigation receive a bonus on completion.
    You could use trainers to get him past an obstacle in the investigation.
    Or just leave it at length of time, as in voyages.

Odo investigation seems to be growing on me.

• Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's difficult to quantify a QoL bonus, sticking to true "bonuses"
    • 1-3% discounts in the Honor Hall
    • 1% bonus to the starting SHIP antimatter bonus (and not any bonuses via trait matches)
    • Stat bonuses for a limited set of crew cards ... such as old golds that were severely stat creep'ed or weak to begin with. (Shinzon, Ent E Picard) .. unsure how feasible this is.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    I would love some kind of interest bonus on resources (chrons, dilithium, credits, etc). There are a lot of us hoarders out there but it would be interesting to see it as an actual bonus strategy. This one is probably too close to a gameplay mechanic (like a bank or investing feature) than a bonus but it could go either way.

Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
  • Options
    Bonus events that should be considered:
    • Daily achievement for donating to starbase (a way to get players into making their daily donations)
    • Having bonus donations to lower level starbases, currently DB penalizes smaller and newer fleets in gauntlet.
    • Have only the attacker get the full bonus for gauntlet matching traits. Attacker +5%/25%/45%/65%, and defender 5%/20%/35%/50%. This will help remove fatigue from hitting walls of the same character, and promote trait matching.
    • OR have a way to increase the attackers bonus by 1-15%
    • Reduce the cost of unfreezing characters for upcoming events by 25 merits each week starting on monday.
    • Make event rewards based on top percentage instead of numerical order - this best supports a growing/shrinking player base just like arena. Give a bonus to top 5 players.
    • Give players an honour boost, or better yet a full citation, if they get a behold of all immortalized characters.
    • Add beholds of 3* characters as rewards
    • Reduce the time cost of shuttle missions - I would do a lot to have them down to 2h as a rule to match voyage check-ins.
    • Add equipable items to immortalized characters that can be used by any character that could add bonuses like +1% to rolls, add a bonus trait, etc.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh another idea would be to tier citations according to several discussed criteria (like year of release or any defined system to group power creeped crew) and to unlock cheaper tiers as a bonus. So a citation for a low (bad) tier legendary would cost like 20k honor and mid tier like 35k.

The accomplishment required for that should not be too difficult though as it had a massive impact and must not exclude many players.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    So I am reiterating that this thread is not about adding new rooms to Starbase or QoL improvements unless there is a QoL in-game bonus you can think of.

So asking for a revamp of this or that is not relevant to this thread, and not as helpful.

Thank you.

Reading comprehension ftw peoples. Let's help Shan out here.
  • Options
    Dilithium and/or Antimatter Mining!
    Find/Collect/Earn 'Dilithium and/or Antimatter Mining Robots'.
    These could be added to voyage drops, gauntlet rewards, scan rewards, threshold or rank rewards, mission rewards, buy them in packs, etc.
    Couple idea how it could work:

1) Kind of like shuttles - you send send a robot out for a certain amount of time. They can return with various amounts of dilithium or antimatter boosts (or nothing at all). You could add a lifespan to the robot (only a certain number of trips before the robot breaks down). There could be a small chance the robot is lost. Antimatter would come in the form of 'boosts' like shuttle boosts of various values. These boosts could be added to your voyage.
    or
    2) Robots just accumulate in your inventory. The more you collect/earn, the faster dilithium is deposited into your inventory (similar to how chronitons recharge).
    or
    3) Fleet Mining Colony. Works like your Starbase rooms, Fleet members contribute robots to level up 'mines' which increase daily drops of dilithium and antimatter boosts.
  • Options
    i got a great one to improve gameplay... figure out why the shuttle failures at 90 pct and above
  • Options
    Reduce honor amount for citation for legendaries to 30 or 25k. 50 is steep and the yield for a discarded 5* is too low in comparison.

Real Voyage dilemma progression, even adding new dilemmas altogether. Plus more AM boosts, and maybe an away mission or some other task that pops up at certain time intervals, like 5 & 10hrs out, so we look out for them. An away/expedition mission or a Skirmish with an AM boost for winning and loss for losing.
  • Options
    Humanitarian Missions! (for Honour!)
    Couple Ideas:
    A) At Individual Player level - You Start a Humanitarian Mission.
    A mission story begins that (like a shuttle) might require 2, 3, 4, or even 5 crew slots.
    Each mission has a random Primary Skill assigned. You want to add crew members to the mission that maximizes that skill. You then send the mission out.
    1) The mission could last for predefined amount of time (similar to 48 hour Gauntlet timers) and return honour based on Skill level of crew. Assigned crew would be unavailable for voyages/shuttles when on a humanitarian mission.
    or
    2) Mission length is dependent on skill level - higher skill, more time, more honour. Time would be calculated before you send out the mission.
    or
    3) You can determine how much time they are gone. More time = more honour. The rates of honour accumulation determined by skill level. You call them back when you want the crew and honour returned. Mission length caps could be used.

or something new!

B) At Fleet Level
    Your Fleet always has 6 Humanitarian Missions (one for each skill) running.
    Individual Fleet Members can assign up to (3, 4, 5??) crew members to the various missions.
    Players can adjust player assignments at anytime.
    However, Honour accumulates, in real time, by maintaining total skill contribution levels to each Humanitarian Mission. Higher levels = higher rates. Rates are constantly fluctuating as crew are added or removed.
    Players assigned to these missions would not be available for voyages or shuttles.
    example

• Options
    I'd like to see bonuses to the odds of drawing new crew from the portal. For example, immortalized crew are only 50% as likely to drop. Same for max level ships.
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always pipe on about this but we do need a use for 1-3* crew out of the cadet stages. Although I like getting new lesser tiered crew I do find leveling them then freezing them a huge waste.

How about a set of randomized daily missions with alternating trait/skill requirements that uses 1-3* crew from your freezer only (that way doesn't take up crew space). And have appropriate rewards.

So for example:
    Common Cadet Missions: 1* crew only, rewards: small chrons, 1* replication rations, credits
    Uncommon Cadet Missions: 2* crew only, rewards: 1x portal pulls, small honor, merits
    Rare Cadet Missions: 3* crew only, rewards: Rare replications, chronitons, faction items.

So say you boot up the game on a Tuesday morning, check your Daily Cadet Missions and randomly get:
    Explore The Belt: Common CMD crew only, Traits required: Survivalist, Female, Inspiring.
    Beam Me Up: Uncommon ENG crew only, Traits required: Jury Rigger, Tactician, Alien.
    Negotiate A Truce: Rare DIP crew only, Traits required: Diplomat, Kazon, Bartender.

Have these only unlockable once you have completed the regular Cadet Missions to all stars. Yes it's possible that some people won't be able to complete all missions but this will encourage people to collect more of the lower rarity crews and actually have a use for them for veteran players.

TL:DR - Cadet Missions with randomised skills/traits that can use crew from the freezer with more varied rewards to keep players more engaged with lower rarity crews.

This discussion has been closed.