Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Trader Woes - 12/12 - ME part 2

Comments

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    Sulu looks fabulous.

xv9772drhkir.jpg

In case we haven’t said it in a while, the art team has been absolutely killing it lately. Thank you!

Yes, DB art team has been marvelous! Thx DB keep it up. :)
    Let’s fly!
  • It really does say something when you cant remember when the last terrible artwork occurred!

Enormous credit to DB and the art team to keep up this standard of late and to have listened to the feedback players gave over the course of the last couple of years! This is great artwork that in itself is enough to get a lot of people wanting to go for the crew!
  • robownage wrote: »
    Sulu looks fabulous.

xv9772drhkir.jpg

I find the art only average, not even close to Uhuras.

And btw. the featured Legendary should be in the middle,
    and not the new SR, imho.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Yoga Mat Sulu!
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    robownage wrote: »
    Sulu looks fabulous.

xv9772drhkir.jpg

I find the art only average, not even close to Uhuras.

And btw. the featured Legendary should be in the middle,
    and not the new SR, imho.
    Shan wrote: »
    Brainless Spock should have been part of the list of crew providing a bonus, I have added him there now.

And yes the placement of the crew in our images often depends on how they fit which each other.

Image placement makes sense to me. Sulu is facing forward. Others are facing towards the edge they are close to.......
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • I was pleasantly surprised by how easy Uhura was to gear. Not sure if it was good RNG, or I'd banked enough stuff previously.
    I was pleasantly surprised by how easy Uhura was to gear. Not sure if it was good RNG, or I'd banked enough stuff previously.

She wasn't bad at all. I should have her 💯/FE by start of the Event.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was pleasantly surprised by how easy Uhura was to gear. Not sure if it was good RNG, or I'd banked enough stuff previously.

Agreed. I think I had to farm a few extra 0* First Contact Protocols and maybe a few 3* polyalloys, especially for the last round of items at level 90+, but it really wasn’t bad at all.

Agreed. I think I had to farm a few extra 0* First Contact Protocols and maybe a few 3* polyalloys, especially for the last round of items at level 90+, but it really wasn’t bad at all.

Those Protocols were definitely the most needed. But, the extras will get Crafted into stuff next week.......
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh my gush! I wished Torpedo Surgeon McCoy ... and he's already coming! Oh wowies! <3
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
    Much appreciation for today’s special offer and discounted mega packs - I did skip the offer and got a lucky drop of the final star I needed for DA McCoy from one pull attempt, then got a second star for Uhura from the other pack on the third attempt. Thanks, DB!
  • HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    Much appreciation for today’s special offer and discounted mega packs - I did skip the offer and got a lucky drop of the final star I needed for DA McCoy from one pull attempt, then got a second star for Uhura from the other pack on the third attempt. Thanks, DB!

I was not that lucky. Took 4 pulls got 4 Incognito Kirks :(
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went for the offer as my "Dark Ages" McCoy has been 2/5* for awhile. I also tried one pull of the Blending In pack:
    vefpwssicgx4.jpg
    At 4/5* he's looking pretty good.
  • I am very happy to see love for TAS, but I have to admit I am very confused how a TAS card can be legendary rank reward, but Lt. Arex does not qualify for TOS bridge crew bonus? Does TAS count as TOS or not?

Double standard much?
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    adonibyte. wrote: »
    I am very happy to see love for TAS, but I have to admit I am very confused how a TAS card can be legendary rank reward, but Lt. Arex does not qualify for TOS bridge crew bonus? Does TAS count as TOS or not?

Double standard much?

The same way Keras can be 4* rank reward and not even be bridge crew, and Ishka is rank reward while not even being TOS.

The reward crew are not guaranteed to be part of the theme at all. Personally I'd love to see that change, but until it does, TAS Uhura is fine, especially since she still counts as bonus crew thanks to being an Uhura variant.
  • I was pleasantly surprised by how easy Uhura was to gear. Not sure if it was good RNG, or I'd banked enough stuff previously.

Really? I replicated several pieces because of all the rare sensors for her uniform from about level 70? Pretty chron heavy cost. Mind you I've been levelling a bunch of crew lately so might have just been lower on mats than usual.
  • AviTrek wrote: »
    I am very happy to see love for TAS, but I have to admit I am very confused how a TAS card can be legendary rank reward, but Lt. Arex does not qualify for TOS bridge crew bonus? Does TAS count as TOS or not?

Double standard much?

The same way Keras can be 4* rank reward and not even be bridge crew, and Ishka is rank reward while not even being TOS.

The reward crew are not guaranteed to be part of the theme at all. Personally I'd love to see that change, but until it does, TAS Uhura is fine, especially since she still counts as bonus crew thanks to being an Uhura variant.

Not the same for mega event. Every 5* crew correlates to the mega event. Disco event, disco crew. Borg event, borg crew. The super rares are just story fillers but the legendary always complies with the mega event theme. Except apparently in this case.

Really? I replicated several pieces because of all the rare sensors for her uniform from about level 70? Pretty chron heavy cost. Mind you I've been levelling a bunch of crew lately so might have just been lower on mats than usual.

I must have had a good stockpile of 3* sensors left over from my 15,000ish chrons of shopping done last Thursday. :)
    AviTrek wrote: »

Double standard much?

Not the same for mega event. Every 5* crew correlates to the mega event. Disco event, disco crew. Borg event, borg crew. The super rares are just story fillers but the legendary always complies with the mega event theme. Except apparently in this case.

I don’t get the problem - DB clearly chose bonus crew and event crew based on actors regularly seen on the bridge during the three seasons of TOS (Chapel is the only outlier but adds MED, which would be sorely lacking otherwise)...that includes crew variants from the films and other series so long as they are portrayed by their original actors. If Rescue Team Uhura “doesn’t fit the theme,” why stop there? Why have Seeking Spock, Undercover Sulu, Wrathful Kirk, Dark Ages McCoy, Professor Scott, Commander Chapel, or most of the other bonus crew count?

I can at least understand confusion over having non-TOS crew as the existing 4*s, though the point of Timelines is that characters from the whole of Trek are all mashed together at once, interacting with one another directly in new and interesting ways. What would be funny is if Nexus Kirk or Rura Penthe Kirk were to invite Moogie over for drinks at the conclusion of the upcoming event...something that wouldn’t be possible in most other circumstances.
    I want to say that I think Rescue Team Uhura has a perfect blend of live actor/animated character in her artwork.......
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaBlack wrote: »

Well, at least Kirk is strong enough to be useful. Could have been 4 Chekovs...
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the event name, Trader Woes. Makes me think of Trader Joe's. They have really good raisin bread that I think I shall go eat in honor of the name of the event.
    Let’s fly!
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaBlack wrote: »

Well, at least Kirk is strong enough to be useful. Could have been 4 Chekovs...

I also got 4 duplicate Kirks. Out the airlock they went.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
    Since Rescue Team Uhura is the Legendary it be cool to get new 2 🌟 and 3 🌟 that are others from the Rescue Team..........
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Double standard much?

Q Mega: Vash?
    Month of Hell Mega: Jett Reno?
    Pilot Mega: Sphere Builder, High Roller Sisko?

At least Uhura is bonus crew as a variant of TOS Bridge Crew. Most of the crew I mentioned above were not even bonus crew the rest of their Mega.

Vash is a Scoundrel (Q Continuum & Scoundrels)
    Jett Reno is a Survivalist (Survivalists)

Pilot mega may have been the reason that players told DB that they didn't like it when the legendaries weren't useful for the whole mega event. Honestly, it's been so long that I forget. The last several mega events, DB has made the legendaries useful throughout.

Jett Reno is not a Survivalist(at least according to the wiki).

Vash is a scoundrel, but it was a "Q Mega". So she qualifies for bonus while not fitting "the theme".

TAS Uhura is similarly a variant of a TOS Bridge crew, so she qualifies for bonus while not fitting "the theme" by being TAS vs TOS.
  • AviTrek wrote: »

Double standard much?

Q Mega: Vash?
    Month of Hell Mega: Jett Reno?
    Pilot Mega: Sphere Builder, High Roller Sisko?

At least Uhura is bonus crew as a variant of TOS Bridge Crew. Most of the crew I mentioned above were not even bonus crew the rest of their Mega.

Vash is a Scoundrel (Q Continuum & Scoundrels)
    Jett Reno is a Survivalist (Survivalists)

Pilot mega may have been the reason that players told DB that they didn't like it when the legendaries weren't useful for the whole mega event. Honestly, it's been so long that I forget. The last several mega events, DB has made the legendaries useful throughout.

Jett Reno is not a Survivalist(at least according to the wiki).

Vash is a scoundrel, but it was a "Q Mega". So she qualifies for bonus while not fitting "the theme".

TAS Uhura is similarly a variant of a TOS Bridge crew, so she qualifies for bonus while not fitting "the theme" by being TAS vs TOS.

Vash had very close ties with Q, and she was in the only Ds9 episode he appeared in.