Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Trader Woes - 12/12 - ME part 2

Comments

• AviTrek wrote: »
    AviTrek wrote: »
    adonibyte. wrote: »
    I am very happy to see love for TAS, but I have to admit I am very confused how a TAS card can be legendary rank reward, but Lt. Arex does not qualify for TOS bridge crew bonus? Does TAS count as TOS or not?

Double standard much?

The same way Keras can be 4* rank reward and not even be bridge crew, and Ishka is rank reward while not even being TOS.

The reward crew are not guaranteed to be part of the theme at all. Personally I'd love to see that change, but until it does, TAS Uhura is fine, especially since she still counts as bonus crew thanks to being an Uhura variant.

Not the same for mega event. Every 5* crew correlates to the mega event. Disco event, disco crew. Borg event, borg crew. The super rares are just story fillers but the legendary always complies with the mega event theme. Except apparently in this case.

Q Mega: Vash?
    Month of Hell Mega: Jett Reno?
    Pilot Mega: Sphere Builder, High Roller Sisko?

At least Uhura is bonus crew as a variant of TOS Bridge Crew. Most of the crew I mentioned above were not even bonus crew the rest of their Mega.

Vash is a Scoundrel (Q Continuum & Scoundrels)
    Jett Reno is a Survivalist (Survivalists)

Pilot mega may have been the reason that players told DB that they didn't like it when the legendaries weren't useful for the whole mega event. Honestly, it's been so long that I forget. The last several mega events, DB has made the legendaries useful throughout.

Jett Reno is not a Survivalist(at least according to the wiki).

Vash is a scoundrel, but it was a "Q Mega". So she qualifies for bonus while not fitting "the theme".

TAS Uhura is similarly a variant of a TOS Bridge crew, so she qualifies for bonus while not fitting "the theme" by being TAS vs TOS.

Dress Uniform Scotty was introduced during the Jan'18 Discovery mega - he didn't fit the theme and was only good for his own event.
  • robownage wrote: »
    McCoy is getting ENG, MED and SCI! Let the gif dance party begin!

etvh1zxp6whh.gif

This Gif is just wrong! 👎🏻
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    McCoy is getting ENG, MED and SCI! Let the gif dance party begin!

etvh1zxp6whh.gif

This Gif is just wrong! 👎🏻

Alternative option:

lhe4bkwv2zt6.gif
  • One of the only characters with that combo, the only main cast character with that combo.

If he comes with good stats this is going to be a bloodbath...
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    syk04sehfh3k.gif
    Let’s fly!
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    NS111111 wrote: »
    One of the only characters with that combo, the only main cast character with that combo.

Bigger bloodbath than the bachelor party for a Klingon/Orion wedding.........
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am very happy to see love for TAS, but I have to admit I am very confused how a TAS card can be legendary rank reward, but Lt. Arex does not qualify for TOS bridge crew bonus? Does TAS count as TOS or not?

Double standard much?

The same way Keras can be 4* rank reward and not even be bridge crew, and Ishka is rank reward while not even being TOS.

The reward crew are not guaranteed to be part of the theme at all. Personally I'd love to see that change, but until it does, TAS Uhura is fine, especially since she still counts as bonus crew thanks to being an Uhura variant.

Not the same for mega event. Every 5* crew correlates to the mega event. Disco event, disco crew. Borg event, borg crew. The super rares are just story fillers but the legendary always complies with the mega event theme. Except apparently in this case.

Q Mega: Vash?
    Month of Hell Mega: Jett Reno?
    Pilot Mega: Sphere Builder, High Roller Sisko?

At least Uhura is bonus crew as a variant of TOS Bridge Crew. Most of the crew I mentioned above were not even bonus crew the rest of their Mega.

Vash is a Scoundrel (Q Continuum & Scoundrels)
    Jett Reno is a Survivalist (Survivalists)

Pilot mega may have been the reason that players told DB that they didn't like it when the legendaries weren't useful for the whole mega event. Honestly, it's been so long that I forget. The last several mega events, DB has made the legendaries useful throughout.

Jett Reno is not a Survivalist(at least according to the wiki).

Vash is a scoundrel, but it was a "Q Mega". So she qualifies for bonus while not fitting "the theme".

TAS Uhura is similarly a variant of a TOS Bridge crew, so she qualifies for bonus while not fitting "the theme" by being TAS vs TOS.

Reno was event crew in the last event of the mega. While you have a point that she isn't the most thematic choice for event crew, the fact that it was the last event means that it really wouldn't matter (for that mega) if she had the trait or not.

Players seemed most upset about mega event use. A small subset of us (including myself) do enjoy some good writing. For that reason, Reno was a good choice. Putting her last in the mega event meant that nothing was lost in terms of gameplay.

You are welcome to be more purist in terms of mega event theme. I am not. I find it more engaging to see characters from different series interact. But not Moogie. I would have preferred a Nog or Rom variant of they wanted Ferengi Alliance. But... We'll see how it goes. Moogie has good stats, so I won't complain too much.
    Farewell 🖖
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oooo, a new three-star Uhura to boot!
  • Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MED #8 Voy #101
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    MED #8 Voy #101

A tad underwhelming, but his main cast strength makes him worth going for.
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    NS111111 wrote: »
    One of the only characters with that combo, the only main cast character with that combo.

Cheesecake 7 has that combo (and better stats too) ;)
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
    RennJaxo wrote: »
    Oooo, a new three-star Uhura to boot!

That is what I was coming to ask about. Too bad the 2 🌟 is Kirk. Rescue Team Rand or Chapel would have been nice.....

Or the cat lady. Was she part of the Rescue Team?
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awwww, he is med-sci-eng instead of med-eng-sci or eng-med-sci.
    Let’s fly!
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ren~ wrote: »
    MED #8 Voy #101

That's disappointingly low. He also should have been MED/ENG/SEC according to the scene he's from. I guess I'll get him but my enthusiasm died down a little bit.

Same here, so I will conserve shuttle resources for the finale. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not TOO bad, and I’m still in just for the character. Was kind of hoping for two plus-1000 MED/ENG skills, with a tertiary SCI or SEC.
    MED #8 Voy #101

That's disappointingly low. He also should have been MED/ENG/SEC according to the scene he's from. I guess I'll get him but my enthusiasm died down a little bit.

To get the crew that will be used in a re-run or flashback event? I mean... you can. But that's not my goal. I'll wade into the bloodbath for McCoy.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    MED #8 Voy #101

voy #101 sounds bad, but with that stat combo he is more likely to get a seat than my plethora of sec/cmd/??? crew.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    MED #8 Voy #101

To get the crew that will be used in a re-run or flashback event? I mean... you can. But that's not my goal. I'll wade into the bloodbath for McCoy.

Yes, if I like the crew; otherwise, I will continue to conserve the shuttle resources for a future run at a top 5 ranking. That is my goal, and given the amount of interest expressed in this McCoy & his skillset, I will not "wade into the bloodbath" this time. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    MED #8 Voy #101

voy #101 sounds bad, but with that stat combo he is more likely to get a seat than my plethora of sec/cmd/??? crew.

Is he usable? Absolutely. Will he make voyages? Definitely. However, given how rare MED crew is and how old half of the MED roster is, something to be a little excited about would be nice. No one here expected him to be the #1 voyager, but somewhere in the top 20 wouldn't have broken the game and the game will certainly not live long enough for MED/ENG to be so common that nothing can be exciting ever again.

I understand that DB dialed down power creep significantly, but they're overdoing it. They're way too conservative with MED crew rarity and totals.
    edited December 2019
    MED #8 Voy #101

Is he usable? Absolutely. Will he make voyages? Definitely. However, given how rare MED crew is and how old half of the MED roster is, something to be a little excited about would be nice. No one here expected him to be the #1 voyager, but somewhere in the top 20 wouldn't have broken the game and the game will certainly not live long enough for MED/ENG to be so common that nothing can be exciting ever again.

I understand that DB dialed down power creep significantly, but they're overdoing it. They're way too conservative with MED crew rarity and totals.

*Unless it's Discovery crew. :p
    Farewell 🖖
    edited December 2019
    No one has yet to mention the other thing? He's another Sledgehammer for Arena/Skirmish for those with an open spot. Or a ball peen hammer in a slot.

If I managed to get him, Professor Scott would be saying "Goodbye, computer".....

Four second initialization, starting at 150% Insta-Damage. Passes the Professor after two more seconds. Charging/escalating over time.....

Won't let me upload image......
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    MED #8 Voy #101

For once, you and I are in complete agreement. Although I put little stock in overall voyage rankings, the choice and ordering of skills leaves a lot to be desired. I could have accepted SCI if it were his tertiary skill...secondary SCI, on top of the plethora of SCI/MED crew in recent months, is quite underwhelming.

I’m still whelmed enough to go for him because he’s high on my wish list, he’ll just be sitting at 1/5* for a while instead of being added to the top of my citation list.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m still whelmed enough to go for him because he’s high on my wish list, he’ll just be sitting at 1/5* for a while instead of being added to the top of my citation list.

Same here.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
    Is Yellow Uniform Uhura a DB original? Or was she in a different division at some point, like Sulu? (And, supposedly, from context in Star Trek II, Chekov?)